Blank white page when I click on some topics

This has been happening to me on both IE 7 and Firefox(3.0.and 3.0.1) on multiple pcs. I can't see my tradelist, the howard stern thread, and many other random threads. It really sucks and has been happening for weeks. I usually don't try refreshing more than 2 times, and I move onto something else.

I e-mailed cheapy about it and he said they would look into it, but so far no help.

It totally sucks.

Has been set to "use forum default" since 2.0 started, and was set to 100 before then. I just changed it to 100, and I could FINALLY see my tradelist. Guinaevere you are the SHIT!

[quote name='hufferstl']Has been set to "use forum default" since 2.0 started, and was set to 100 before then. I just changed it to 100, and I could FINALLY see my tradelist.[/quote]Rock on.

Guinaevere you are the SHIT!
This is a compliment, right?

I don't know what to tell you after going to dictionary.com

[shit] Pronunciation noun, verb, shit or shat, shit·ting, interjection Vulgar. –noun
1.excrement; feces.
2.an act of defecating; evacuation.
3.the shits. diarrhea.
4.Slang. pretense, lies, exaggeration, or nonsense.
5.Slang. something inferior or worthless.
6.Slang. a selfish, mean, or otherwise contemptible person.
7.Slang. narcotic drugs, esp. heroin or marijuana.
8.Slang. possessions, equipment, mementos, etc.; stuff. –verb (used without object)
9.to defecate. –verb (used with object)
10.Slang. to exaggerate or lie to. –interjection
11.Slang. (used to express disgust, disappointment, frustration, contempt, or the like). —
12.give a shit, Slang. to care; be concerned.
13.no shit, (used to express amazement, incredulity, or derision).
14.up shit creek, Slang. in a desperate or hopeless situation; in serious trouble. Also, up shits creek, up shit creek without a paddle.

None of these sound too flattering

1. the shit

The best. This word is very interesting. The important part of it is without THE, an entirely different meaning applies. My teacher is shit= bad teacher. My teacher is THE shit = greatest teacher
My car is the SHIT

2. the shit

The best. Originated as a term to describe high quality drug substances. IE, "this is good shit."
Evolved to common usage for any item of high quality. However, in typical usage, the article "the" is required to denote superiority. Without the word "the" prefacing the word "shit," a different, usually negative, meaning applies.
This joint is the shit./This is potent marijuana.
His new car is the shit./His car is excellent.

This joint is shit./This is poor quality marijuana.
His new car is shit./His new car is not desirable.

3. the shit

Something that kicks ass. Not to be confused with shit, which is something that sucks ass.
IBC Root Beer is the shit.

How about for future, if one cares to thank me, they can just mention how smart or helpful or gorgeous i am. This way, there's no confusion. ...and now that I think about it, you don't have to mention the intellect or how useful I am; you can go straight to option 3.

How about for future, if one cares to thank me, they can just mention how smart or helpful or gorgeous i am. This way, there's no confusion. ...and now that I think about it, you don't have to mention the intellect or how useful I am; you can go straight to Option 3.

[quote name='The Crotch']I think it's obvious. Gwen is heroin.[/quote]First time's free, kid. It'll be our little secret.

Wow, I had no idea you were seriously questioning my intentions, I thought you were being sarcastic.

I apologize for any miscommunication, but I thought that phrase(the shit) was common enough to not confuse you. Guinaevere, you are gorgeous.

:rofl: I'm so sorry, huffer. We were all just having a little fun. Lesson: never take me too seriously.

Though, I will ask court to read back the last statement.
[quote name='hufferstl']Guinaevere, you are gorgeous.[/quote]
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I heard that right. ♥

Has everyone else had their blank pages fixed by this point? When 2.0 softlaunched, I went to 200 posts per page, but that gave me a lot of blank pages loading. Then down to 100, and now I'm back to my original 50 posts per page, as it just works best for me.

so i went in the options today and saw that 150 and 200 were taken off the posts per page option. Is it going to stay that way?

I've been seeing this in Firefox on several sites. The one thing they seem to have in common is that they're heavily dynamic in layout. Sites with a mostly static page using no or only partial dynamic portions don't seem to have the same problem. In reality, that may have more to do with the size of the page or the number of separate components. But it hasn't been just CAG.

bread's done
Back