Blaster Master: Overdrive! WiiWare this monday! Updated with trailer!

Knoxximus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.sunsoftgames.com/games/Blaster Master WiiWare/index.php

I hope this is the sequel I have waited my whole LIFE FOR!!!1:bouncy::applause:

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSbslfm3aoE

Review by Nintendo Life...9.0!:bouncy:

Conclusion
The unique blend of platforming and shooting, not to mention two different perspectives, give Blaster Master: Overdrive everything fans of the original game could possibly want. Toss in some amazing gameplay tweaks and give the game a smoother difficulty curve and what you have is easily one of the best WiiWare games on the service and a fitting update to one of the all-time NES classics. If you can appreciate a truly unique and engaging retro gaming experience, not to mention what is one of the best games available on WiiWare, look no further because you've just found it.

http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/games/wiiware/blaster_master_overdrive

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this one is better than that piece of crap they released for the Playstation. Also, I'm hoping I can actually beat this one...

Played this for a little bit. Was able to kill the first two bosses. Pretty bad ass game. Has the old school charm to it. If you liked BM for the NES and Genesis you will like this game.

Holy fuck, Sunsoft is still around AND releasing a new Blaster Master game. Wow, fucking awesome. Next time I can afford a points card I am defiantly picking this up.

[quote name='LostRoad']Played this for a little bit. Was able to kill the first two bosses. Pretty bad ass game. Has the old school charm to it. If you liked BM for the NES and Genesis you will like this game.[/QUOTE]

I played them both. Not sure why,but I didn't care much for the Genesis one. I played the crap out of the NES one. I've decided I'm going to buy this when I get some money. Not sure why that will be though.

[quote name='LostRoad']Played this for a little bit. Was able to kill the first two bosses. Pretty bad ass game. Has the old school charm to it. If you liked BM for the NES and Genesis you will like this game.[/QUOTE]

I can't even beat that first fucker yet. Guess I need to keep re-entering dungeons to max out my guns.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I can't even beat that first fucker yet. Guess I need to keep re-entering dungeons to max out my guns.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did just to get it done. Power up the blue spreader 1st, then everytime you go out and in, save in case you mess up and get hit. You can have all of your guns maxed out (lvl 5) in 10 mins, tops.:cool:

Wow I had heard nothing about this till now
5.gif

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I can't even beat that first fucker yet. Guess I need to keep re-entering dungeons to max out my guns.[/QUOTE]

Yeah do what Knoxx said, keep your guns at lvl 5 at all times. Otherwise it will just take to long to kill bosses off. Killed off the third and fourth bosses last night before calling it. The fourth boss is a bitch even with lvl 5 it takes forever to kill him. Looking forward to playing this some more when I get home.

Glad to hear people are enjoying it, LOVED the original. Can't find any reviews yet though so thanks for the impressions, I'll probably buy it tonight.

[quote name='LostRoad']Yeah do what Knoxx said, keep your guns at lvl 5 at all times. Otherwise it will just take to long to kill bosses off. Killed off the third and fourth bosses last night before calling it. The fourth boss is a bitch even with lvl 5 it takes forever to kill him. Looking forward to playing this some more when I get home.[/QUOTE]

That is what I ended up doing this afternoon. Levelled up the regular gun and missile launcher to 5 and went back in and finally took that bastard out.

My only complaint so far is that the B button is used as a strafe key when you are out of the car. I am constantly pushing it on accident which causes you to really slow down. Other than that it feels a LOT like the NES original.

Yeah this is the first game that has forced me to play with only a wii mote so it does take a little getting use to. I have one of those rubber guards on it to so it feels odd, but its not that big of a deal once I start playing.

I guess the bosses would be a lot harder now without a turbo button or the old "press pause while boss is hit" cheat.

Just beat it. Overall I really enjoyed the game. All the old school charm of the first two, hard at parts but never did I feel it was cheap. Wish they would have had credits at the end along with a % of how many power ups you had gotten but oh well. From the end cut scenes it is clear they would like to make another one.

Only bosses I felt where any real challenge was the four and the 2nd form of the last boss. The 2nd form was very intense, but you really do earn that kill( here is a tip, rockets one shot pods even at lvl 1 ). If anyone is thinking about this game you should really pick it up. Very bad ass game I really hope this sells well enough so they do make a part two.

My end play time was just over four hours.

Loved what I've played so far just beat the 3rd boss. Parts of it are a little too old-school, like the save system. I've gone lengths without saving only to die at a part that's unexpectedly difficult. A little bummed to hear it's only about 4 hours long but I'm still digging it a lot.

fucking hell, I just got my ass kicked by the Area 4 boss 4 times in a row. Any tips? All my weapons are at level 5 and as far as I know, I have all the health pickups available currently (life bar at almost exactly half of it's full charge).

EDIT: Nevermind, I beat him. Oddly enough, something control-wise made a big difference. Someone on Gamefaqs suggested playing with the Mario Kart wheel to make using the B button less of a chore, and it made a HUGE difference. The whole controller feels a lot more firm that way, and makes the game easier to control, I'm going to play the rest of the game this way!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back