BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
My edge card was charged today, so I called and they're just about to ship. So even though it said "shipping 6/30" and it's 3-day ground, I might receive it Monday!

[quote name='Guerrilla']My edge card was charged today, so I called and they're just about to ship. So even though it said "shipping 6/30" and it's 3-day ground, I might receive it Monday![/QUOTE]
Isn't the 30th on Tuesday? So wouldn't it be 3 days from then?

Gamestop'll be the last company to break street date on games. They have the most to do with games, they being, in used or new form, the majority of their merchandise.

At best they have one of those zone shipping calendars for UPS shipping times, and they ship to this set of states 3 days ahead, this set 2 days, and so on, so that you'll receive it on release date. But that's the best. It may take an extra day or two.

I'm just happy they upgraded us to three day so that that'll mean I actually have it in time for next weekend. When I'm not working.

[quote name='Traitorious']Isn't the 30th on Tuesday? So wouldn't it be 3 days from then?[/QUOTE]
The rep I called said, "We charge when we're about to ship; we're shipping it later today."

[quote name='Guerrilla']The rep I called said, "We charge when we're about to ship; we're shipping it later today."[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's fast. Haven't checked my CC statement yet but if that's the case, I might have the game tomorrow or Monday then since I chose Overnight Shipping.

[quote name='MarkMan']The PSP remote play for BB doesn't have the usual crazy lag like other games/usual remote play does.[/QUOTE]
really? might go with that instead of 360 then...even though my sticks are on it. :/ (dual mod time it seems)

[quote name='MarkMan']The PSP remote play for BB doesn't have the usual crazy lag like other games/usual remote play does.[/QUOTE]

Do you mind me asking what kind of testing was done or what sort of optimization was made to accomplish this? My co-worker has a super fast home Fios DSL connection and even using our companies in-house wi-fi set-up that is blazing fast, the games he has tried playing over wi-fi remote play have been stuttering messes. Looking at other discussion sites, everyone seems to have had similar experiences with even more basic games like Pixeljunk. I don't understand how this game could possibly be much different given that the whole remote play system relies on things the developer has absolutely no control over like home Internet connections and wi-fi out in the world. I mean if Aksys really figured this out then On Live can go ahead and declare bankruptcy now because this is exactly what they are trying to roll out with their own remote play cloud system which seems to be facing some very real technical problems based on what I have heard. If you're just talking about local remote play, I don't doubt it plays well, but so does every other PSP game with remote play.

[quote name='Guerrilla']The rep I called said, "We charge when we're about to ship; we're shipping it later today."[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's nice as hell if they do ship it out to you today.

My status is still open and the Artbook still reads "Backordered," but the customer service rep I just spoke with said that it would be going out tonight.

I stupidly didn't ask if I would be getting the artbook or not, but I'm hoping I will. Aksys mentioned that they would make sure all Gamestop pre-orders would get that artbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']anyone know if these badboys (meaning the blazblue fight sticks) are going to be brought over to the states? I already checked Hori's site and nothing there.

PS3 Fight Stick (It looks pretty damn cool!)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-15-blazblue-70-3c2g-43-zg.html

360 Fight Stick (Doesnt look as cool because it is not blue like the PS3)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-15-blazblue-70-3c2h.html[/QUOTE]

Wow, that PS3 one is pretty badass. I might pick that up so i can have a Ps3 fight stick. The only draw back tho is it's hori parts i think? And it's not worth 130 with shipping to have it.

Word on those HORI fight sticks: From what I gather, any HORI sticks with artwork on them (Tekken 5 PS2 stick, DoA4 360 stick, Soul calibur IV PS3/360 stick) will have the buttons soldered in rather than being quick disconnects.
I know basically nothing about stick modding, but this apparently makes them a pain in the ass to mod.

[quote name='SDC']Word on those HORI fight sticks: From what I gather, any HORI sticks with artwork on them (Tekken 5 PS2 stick, DoA4 360 stick, Soul calibur IV PS3/360 stick) will have the buttons soldered in rather than being quick disconnects.
I know basically nothing about stick modding, but this apparently makes them a pain in the ass to mod.[/QUOTE]

This is a very good thing to know. Now I will focus my efforts elsewhere to get a 2nd fight stick. Although I am still waiting to find some good Sanwa parts (not to mention the right button colors :p ) to mod my Standard SF IV Fightstick.

[quote name='prateeko']So if I order it tonight does anyone know what the chances are of getting an artbook (i.e. has anyone ordered it tonight)?[/QUOTE]

Artbook's not even listed anymore, so I'd say zero.

[quote name='distgfx']Artbook's not even listed anymore, so I'd say zero.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I went for it with Amazon since it was $48 and change with Gold Box + ECA. I'd rather go that way than pay $12 more for an artbook I'll never look at...

Ordered from GS today hoping I will get the artbook since rumor (again, rumor, not confirmed) is that Aksys is making enough to cover all GS preorders. I had an Edge card with $14 left on it anyways. If it lacks the art book and/or is damaged back to B&M it goes I guess.

Alright, I'm biting even though it's kind of expensive. Tons of extras. Good reviews. Loved Battle Fantasia. But no artbook = return.

Expensive for a fighting game yes, but for a LE with extras that are actually worthwhile it isn't bad considering the second run copies will be the same price with no extras (well... probably the same price and probably no extras, who knows).

[quote name='Gamelore']Alright, I'm biting even though it's kind of expensive. Tons of extras. Good reviews. Loved Battle Fantasia. But no artbook = return.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fairtrade']Expensive for a fighting game yes, but for a LE with extras that are actually worthwhile it isn't bad considering the second run copies will be the same price with no extras (well... probably the same price and probably no extras, who knows).[/QUOTE]

... say wha?

I'm glad I decided to reorder this from amazon after I canceled my order. No artbook, but I really want the soundtrack, and game looks sick.

[quote name='fairtrade']So I take it you don't think $60 is expensive for a fighting game?[/QUOTE]

I dont mean this in any negative way, but you're the first person I've heard of that thinks paying full for a fighting game is expensive. IMO, there are many other genres that lose value faster.

[quote name='fairtrade']So I take it you don't think $60 is expensive for a fighting game?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, I think it has more replay value than any other game genres. Depends on whether you plan to just play it casually and never touch it again after a while or actually learn to play it.

I noticed that the new stopwatch deal thingie was free overnight shipping on $59.99+ games. I called and asked if I could have my preorder (from early June) upgraded to the free overnight shipping and they did it, no questions asked. Just a heads up, might be worth a shot if you want to get it fast!

[quote name='pjb16']I'm glad I decided to reorder this from amazon after I canceled my order. No artbook, but I really want the soundtrack, and game looks sick.[/QUOTE]

I canceled my order with GS after I ordered with Amazon. It was in my gold box and I saved $10 came out to $54.xx. The Artbook was added to my GS order last week, but I rather save $10 now then worry bout flipping the Artbook(after I looked at it once) later on.

According to everyone this game is going to be worth the price. If I get around the same amount of playtime like SFIV it'll be worth every penny. Plus it'll tide me off til MvC2.

Wish I could get this to pop up in my gold box - I've tried all the tricks I've read & I still usually get crap in my gold box. :whistle2:(

[quote name='nekobi']I noticed that the new stopwatch deal thingie was free overnight shipping on $59.99+ games. I called and asked if I could have my preorder (from early June) upgraded to the free overnight shipping and they did it, no questions asked. Just a heads up, might be worth a shot if you want to get it fast![/QUOTE]

I got shut down on getting them to upgrade to overnight

[quote name='anubis20']I got shut down on getting them to upgrade to overnight[/QUOTE]

wat did u ask them. planning to call them now and ask them to do it. did they ask u for any information or when u asked to switch they simply said NO!!

is that artbook really worth it? you paying $64.XX at gamestop, while it's $58.00 at amazon.com with free shipping. $6 for a 32 page artbook that u'll probably throw to the side after looking at it once?

[quote name='simp1ysimon']is that artbook really worth it? you paying $64.XX at gamestop, while it's $58.00 at amazon.com with free shipping. $6 for a 32 page artbook that u'll probably throw to the side after looking at it once?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the person. I love artbooks and I love Arc System Works games, so it is entirely worth it for me.

[quote name='simp1ysimon']is that artbook really worth it? you paying $64.XX at gamestop, while it's $58.00 at amazon.com with free shipping. $6 for a 32 page artbook that u'll probably throw to the side after looking at it once?[/QUOTE]

i personally paid the tax just for the artbook. u mine as well get everything that u can get for the game even if it means paying a little more.

[quote name='nekobi']I noticed that the new stopwatch deal thingie was free overnight shipping on $59.99+ games. I called and asked if I could have my preorder (from early June) upgraded to the free overnight shipping and they did it, no questions asked. Just a heads up, might be worth a shot if you want to get it fast![/QUOTE]

[quote name='anubis20']I got shut down on getting them to upgrade to overnight[/QUOTE]

I tried twice this morning and got shot down both times.

First the girl made up something about not being able to apply the code to a pre-order. I tested it out on the website and of course the code worked.

Second time I called back I had her bring up the order but she then said that coupon codes could not be applied since it was processed to be shipped on Tue. and I'd have to cancel and reorder.

Utterly retarded. I'm considering trying a 3rd time and seeing if I can get someone willing to actually try and go the extra mile for the customer instead of giving a canned response to get me off the phone as soon as possible.

[quote name='Link927']I dont mean this in any negative way, but you're the first person I've heard of that thinks paying full for a fighting game is expensive. IMO, there are many other genres that lose value faster.[/QUOTE]

Actually this is a very common sentiment among current gamers, and it seems to be growing. I find it infuriating.

Maybe it's too expensive for some people... but that doesn't mean that full price isn't the right price for a fighting game. Saying that a genre is unworthy of being full price is just ignorant.

[quote name='GuardianE']Actually this is a very common sentiment among current gamers, and it seems to be growing. I find it infuriating.

Maybe it's too expensive for some people... but that doesn't mean that full price isn't the right price for a fighting game. Saying that a genre is unworthy of being full price is just ignorant.[/QUOTE]

Yea.. it's kind of dumb. I mean.. compare the amount of time you're gonna put into it.

Bioshock - about what, 8 hours?
SFIV - I've already put over 100 hours into it. :cool:

bread's done
Back