BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emeraldgsl']Im going with 360, but I doubt it will be highly superior. The games will be pretty much identical. I have more friends on Live and I care more about my Gamerscore than my Trophies. Oh, and I can play easily with the 360 D-Pad.[/QUOTE]

It won't be highly superior, but it will be better just as SFIV and SCIV and many, many other fighting games have been. The 360 is just easier to develop on and that gets reflected in the final product.

[quote name='GuardianE']I have both and I'm picking it up for the 360... but mostly because I have the Fightpads and TE Fightstick for the 360 already.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same situation for me.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Getting the PS3 version because of my SEGA USB controllers[/QUOTE]
best reason to.... my reason for getting the ps3 version as well!

[quote name='JEKKI']man... 500 replies over an artbook. yallz are crazy.

I hope u guys dont suck at this game btw =P[/quote]Be prepared to be disappointed. Well...not really. :D

I don't normally play fighting games, but after playing at the arcade, I bit at the home version.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Holy cow, what is with the GameStop hate?[/quote]

Maybe it's all those other times when many of us have gotten screwed out of our supposed pre-order bonuses. Everytime the excuse is more ridiculous.
Or maybe it's the shady 'gutted/new' games tactics they use.
Or maybe it's the Ebay pricing for older games (MvC2, Tetris DS, etc.)
Or maybe it's the annoying Sales pitch that you must hear every effing time.
Or maybe it's the misinformed employees that talk until you feel like vomiting.
Or maybe...enough said.

Hey Guys,

Even though you ordered it when Gamestop put that it's available you may not still get it. I had to cancel my order so I can redo the order cause I did something wrong. When I tried to reorder it, the system would not allow me cause I ordered it once before. I figure I'll can Gamestop get them to clear the system so I can get my order in ASAP in case they run out again. She said it would not reset for 3 days. So I explained to her why I should be able to process it ASAP. She says that it is not guarenteed that I would get a book if I order it now or even if I had ordered it days ago. I think Gamestop put it back up to just get people to order it they may not have any to cover past the initial set.

[quote name='JEKKI']man... 500 replies over an artbook. yallz are crazy.

I hope u guys dont suck at this game btw =P[/quote]

Hey, people value things differently. Don't judge.

when you put the game into your cart, it doesn't show an additional line or item about the art book... man, i canceled my previous order for nothing (was thinking about cancel and reorder, since when i placed the order, the art book was disappeared from the site).

[quote name='Serpentor']when you put the game into your cart, it doesn't show an additional line or item about the art book... man, i canceled my previous order for nothing (was thinking about cancel and reorder, since when i placed the order, the art book was disappeared from the site).[/quote]I checked my order information and saw the same thing.

Could someone that has the artbook listed in their order information post the line items from their order? I wanted to see what it lists in the order information, as well as have something to fire back at GS with an email.

Order # isn't needed, just the two line items that are listed in the order information.

[quote name='shrike4242']I checked my order information and saw the same thing.

Could someone that has the artbook listed in their order information post the line items from their order? I wanted to see what it lists in the order information, as well as have something to fire back at GS with an email.

Order # isn't needed, just the two line items that are listed in the order information.[/quote]

Product
clear.gif
Ordered
clear.gif
Shipped
clear.gif
Total
clear.gif
Status
clear.gif
Tracking Number
clear.gif
clear.gif

PREMIUM, AKSYS ARTBOOK
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Backordered
clear.gif
N/A
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER PRE - Xbox 360
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$59.99
clear.gif
Pre-order Ships 6/30/2009
clear.gif
N/A

Thanks.

Fired that info to GS in my response to their response to my email asking a WTF about the art book.

EDIT: Here's what they wrote back:
[quote name='From GS.com email']
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

The line item will be put on your order a few days before the game ships out.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.[/quote]

Anyone else call BS on that response? :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone else call BS on that response? :roll:[/quote]

It does sound fishy. If the artbook is still on their site around release time, I'll probably reorder it. GS.com seems to have a bad habit of sending the pre-order bonuses to newer orders rather than older ones.

[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone else call BS on that response? :roll:[/quote]
:bs:

Those who preordered early before the artbook was removed, did the artbook line item take long to show up in your order history page? That is, did you see your order without the artbook appearing in the history page first, and then few days later see the artbook followed?

[quote name='eau']:bs:

Those who preordered early before the artbook was removed, did the artbook line item take long to show up in your order history page? That is, did you see your order without the artbook appearing in the history page first, and then few days later see the artbook followed?[/quote]

I ordered when the artbook promo was still up (may 1st) and i have yet to see one listed on my order.

I don't know if I should reorder or keep my current order... my order from when it was originally advertised to have the artbook still says backordered in my account.

I'm guessing I'll get screwed out of this.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't know if I should reorder or keep my current order... my order from when it was originally advertised to have the artbook still says backordered in my account.

I'm guessing I'll get screwed out of this.[/quote]

I thought the "Backordered" thing was for all preorder bonuses? Or is this your way of asking if that's right or not?

I'm getting it on 360. The GG hardcore community seems to slightly favor PS3. They have an installed userbase since the latest GG games have been on that system.

But..

-HDR and SFIV on PSN is not as consistent as XBL
-all my friends have switched to 360 for fighting games including most top players
-fighting game community is starting to favor XBL alot more now
-there will be enough players on xbl anyway. Even if they are casuals

[quote name='GuardianE']I thought the "Backordered" thing was for all preorder bonuses? Or is this your way of asking if that's right or not?[/QUOTE]

Somebody else told me that too but the last time I order something from GS for a preorder bonus (Ninja Gaiden DS w/ the sword stylus), I remember that the bonus had a shipping date (same the game). It didn't say back ordered.

[quote name='Vinny']Somebody else told me that too but the last time I order something from GS for a preorder bonus (Ninja Gaiden DS w/ the sword stylus), I remember that the bonus had a shipping date (same the game). It didn't say back ordered.[/quote]

I think they started that backorder mess towards the end of last year. I'm pretty sure my Valkyria Chronicles artbook listed the same thing just a few days before the game shipped.

[quote name='Shimrra']So i dont get how this game should be posted on the "Deal" section of the forum?[/quote]Because there's a pre-order bonus with it, which some people classify as a deal.

They don't have to give anyone anything for a pre-order, so it's a deal-ish deal.

[quote name='theloserboy']I ordered when the artbook promo was still up (may 1st) and i have yet to see one listed on my order.[/quote]

I ordered mine on may 1st too and I have the art book listed on my order. If I remember correctly I ordered it early afternoon if that makes any difference.

so, adding on to this discussion somewhat, i emailed gamestop again about how they reposted the artbook ad
[quote name=' John from gamestop']
Dear Valued Customer,

Yes, we recently received another shipment of the artbooks and willing adding them to our online reservations. If you do not receive a bonus artbook with your order, please write back so that we can further assist you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
John

[/quote]

[quote name='distgfx']Just curious, but how many people are buying this game to actually play it?[/quote]

*raises hand* I usually don't get games just to flip or trade.

[quote name='distgfx']Just curious, but how many people are buying this game to actually play it?[/quote]Me. Although I'll probably be meh compared to everyone else here purchasing it. :D

Also, contributing to the topic, here was my given response:

Dear Customer,

We were recently able to secure more of these free artbooks and are offering them once again on our site. Please note that orders placed while the artbook was removed from the site will automatically receive the artbook. Also, this free offer is only available for online fulfillment orders and does not qualify for in-store reservations or pickups (while supplies last).

Best regards,
John
Customer Service Supervisor

I am a huge GGX and Daisuke Ishiwatari fan. Fighting games are my favorite genre and by all means this game does look promising for me to spend time playing it and possibly mastering it.

[quote name='distgfx']Just curious, but how many people are buying this game to actually play it?[/quote]

Me! Hoping we can actually connect on this one.

I remember when I got Guilty Gear X for the dreamcast, I was surprised to find that the game disc doubled as a music cd for the entire soundtrack. Since then, I've been fan of Daisuke Ishiwatari's music and Blazblue is certainly no exception to his quality standards.

Hell, whenever I play SF4, I listen to my GGXX/BlazBlue compilation songs through interface instead.

So to hear that there would be more songs included in the premium edition that wasn't in the soundtrack just made the inevitable preorder all the more quicker.

[quote name='shrike4242']Because there's a pre-order bonus with it, which some people classify as a deal.

They don't have to give anyone anything for a pre-order, so it's a deal-ish deal.[/quote]

And you're guaranteed a Premium Pack if you pre-order. ;)

I'm not sure if Akysys Games will be doing a first batch only shipment or what...

[quote name='shrike4242']Thanks.

Fired that info to GS in my response to their response to my email asking a WTF about the art book.

EDIT: Here's what they wrote back:

Dear Customer,

The line item will be put on your order a few days before the game ships out.

Anyone else call BS on that response? :roll:[/quote]

fuck I got that same BS crap as I didn't get the artbook has a line item on my order info as well when I ordered it last night with the artbook bonus pic on their site. Urge to cancel....rising.

[quote name='earvcunanan']And you're guaranteed a Premium Pack if you pre-order. ;)

I'm not sure if Akysys Games will be doing a first batch only shipment or what...[/QUOTE]

First batch only

[quote name='distgfx']Just curious, but how many people are buying this game to actually play it?[/QUOTE]

I'm terrible at fighting games and I never cared for the GG series. But I'm basically buying this because it looks so damn amazing. I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked by the computer, even on easy, but oh well...

well for me it says,
PREMIUM, AKSYS ARTBOOK
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Backordered
clear.gif
N/A
BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER PRE - PS3
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$59.99
clear.gif
Pre-order Ships 6/30/2009
clear.gif
N/Adone know what that means about back ordered D: any ideas?

WAIT!!!! THIS JUST IN!!!!

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Gamestop Customer Service wrote:
Dear Customer,

Yes, as of right now we have plenty of artbooks to cover our pre orders. You do not need to do anything else, an artbook will be automatically added to your order.

Best regards,
Travis Customer Service Agent

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
Hi, I pre-ordered BlazBlu. Order # 40905040958726. I just wanted to make sure that this comes with the artbook, and that I didn't need to do anything else.

Should I open a 30 year old wine bottle from my basement? just kidding

[quote name='PlantDryad123']Should I open a 30 year old wine bottle from my basement? just kidding[/quote]Save it for when the actual box comes in, undamaged, with everything in it. :p

Thanks for that update though.

I'm getting this to play it. In fact, I got my arcade stick solely for this game (and much less so for SF4, which it seems is the first fighting game I cannot play on controller).

I too am getting the game to play. The art book thing was just a bonus. I have really been getting into fighters the last few weeks. Probably going to bust out some SC IV soon too.

Been playing some older Guilty Gear & KOF on PS2 the last weekish or so. Finally going to get around to using my fightstick and fightpad on SF IV as well. Looking very forward to this & MVC 2

I am really glad there are at least a handful of you all wanting the game and not the book. I look forward to seeing you all online when this drops.

I guess i just don't get the appeal of the book at this point. 32 pages with a roster of 12, that leaves just a hair over 2 pages per person if you factor in the extra pages in the front and back. This is sounding more and more like a glorified magazine. I know i used to go nuts for stuff like this...but come on you all. Get this for the game first, extras second. Preordering, especially when it's bound to be a smaller release/printing like this, should be more about supporting the company rather than to see what you can milk out of it.

that's my 2 coppers on the subject...

I've always wanted this game ever since the first screenshots were revealed. To me, the art book is just a bonus that I can flip elsewhere, or trade away.

I was never really into fighting games myself ('cuz I suck + a big sore loser).

I tried playing the Guilty Gear series, but I got so confused with all the mumbojumbo after each release. Hopefully, I'd be able hone my skillZ and play BlazBlue decently.

**Flippable bonus stuff are nice too. :]

I love Guilty Gear and this is probably the closest we'll ever get to an actual sequel so the game is the driving force for me. The char designs look promising though so the artbook may be a keeper.

No brainer of a purchase for me. With CC gone, I doubt this will be cheaper than $55 anywhere release week, and it's one of the few games I don't feel like waiting on. So it's a pretty easy decision to pay the MSRP and added tax in hopes that the artbook isn't too bad. If not, it's like a $5 or $10 loss tops.

bread's done
Back