BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OGHowie']Damn 2 people that don't love it?

I also prefer KOF and SF, but ordered it off Amazon because of all the rave reviews.[/QUOTE]

The game's not slow at all. It's only slow if you're clumsy with the controls... which everyone is at first... but once you start getting the hang of a character of your choosing, it really starts to come together. And you really ought to take the game a character at a time. They all play so vastly differently that they even have character specific gauges. Each character has completely different gameplay mechanics.

I really love the game, and based on what I've read, I'm pretty convinced right now that it's a better, more complete game than KOFXII will be (though I'll likely be getting both). While I still prefer Street Fighter, BlazBlue has made a very excellent first impression on me. The care taken by the creators is evident in every little nuance of the game. The surprisingly in depth story mode, the adorable Teach Me, Ms. Litchi sketch's, the gallery, the replay system, the godly netcode... hell, the characters even say different things in battle depending on who their opponent is. There's an attention to detail that's really not seen in a lot of other fighters.

If you're willing to learn new fighters, then you'll like it. If you're expecting a Street Fighter clone, you won't. Don't base your decision on two opinions on the internet. Even the greatest game has people who hate it, and even the worst game has people who love it. Read a bit more about it and maybe watch some online vids before making your decision on whether to return it or not.

I got my PS3 version in the mail today, but the blu-ray won't play - system doesn't even recognize it. :( I looked around on the net a little & see this is a somewhat common problem - I've emailed the manufacturer to see if they offer a replacement.

Game rocks otherwise.

[quote name='GuardianE']
hell, the characters even say different things in battle depending on who their opponent is. There's an attention to detail that's really not seen in a lot of other fighters.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I love that part. I hope I'm not the only one who didn't go wtf when Capcom didn't even add a Ryu/Ken cinematic.

[quote name='Anhmeister']Seriously, I love that part. I hope I'm not the only one who didn't go wtf when Capcom didn't even add a Ryu/Ken cinematic.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you are not the only one, also I didn't like SF IV much. I like this game and am pretty sure I am going to like KoF XII (I am a huge KoF fan)

[quote name='Anhmeister']Seriously, I love that part. I hope I'm not the only one who didn't go wtf when Capcom didn't even add a Ryu/Ken cinematic.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, I wasn't satisfied with those little rival cinematics.

There's something about the little chats right before a fight that I love.

They could've at least kept the fist pump!

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How did you return it? Opened?[/QUOTE]

The guy gave me a break because they were getting lots of calls on it and he was happy to have another one in the store. (YES, Opened.) I got Fight Night Round 4 instead. It moved slow to me....I know everyone says its fast, but I just don't see it. Guilty Gear was fast IMO, this was a bit of a disappointment...the whole game seems to be based on juggling....similar to Tekken in that sense. I just prefer the old school fighters I suppose. To each his own.....

[quote name='Rollobobo']The guy gave me a break because they were getting lots of calls on it and he was happy to have another one in the store. (YES, Opened.) I got Fight Night Round 4 instead. It moved slow to me....I know everyone says its fast, but I just don't see it. Guilty Gear was fast IMO, this was a bit of a disappointment...the whole game seems to be based on juggling....similar to Tekken in that sense. I just prefer the old school fighters I suppose. To each his own.....[/QUOTE]

wait wait.. sluggish, juggling not in guilty gear? you went with FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4?!! and thats not sluggish to you? dear god i cannot comprehend, pardon me. it is known that bb is not "as" fast as gg was. but dude, its the fastest fighter in the market with the same combo chains as i remember gg for.

[quote name='Rollobobo']The guy gave me a break because they were getting lots of calls on it and he was happy to have another one in the store. (YES, Opened.) I got Fight Night Round 4 instead. It moved slow to me....I know everyone says its fast, but I just don't see it. Guilty Gear was fast IMO, this was a bit of a disappointment...the whole game seems to be based on juggling....similar to Tekken in that sense. I just prefer the old school fighters I suppose. To each his own.....[/QUOTE]

.......What. FIght Night Round Four is a bad comparison to BlazBlue. That game is incredibly slow, I specially hate the joystick fighting mechanics, which I head from joystiq.com may change with future DLC. Which would add the use of buttons (A,X,Y,B).

Unfortunately the art books for GS are NOT available in store, and more than likely will not be. The website did denote that the art books were for online customers ONLY.
I checked when I was going to pre order mine, but I'm not much of a fighting game player, so I decided to pass.

From what I heard the LE was available at one Best Buy here, but since the LE shipped a month in advance, they are a one time shipment for retail stores.

[quote name='argyle']I got my PS3 version in the mail today, but the blu-ray won't play - system doesn't even recognize it. :( I looked around on the net a little & see this is a somewhat common problem - I've emailed the manufacturer to see if they offer a replacement.

Game rocks otherwise.[/QUOTE]

We got an email in store about this issue today. Apparently you have to insert the blu-ray, turn off the system and click off the power button on the back, then restart the ps3. I'm not 100% sure if those were the exact directions, but it was something along those lines.

[quote name='argyle']I got my PS3 version in the mail today, but the blu-ray won't play - system doesn't even recognize it. :( I looked around on the net a little & see this is a somewhat common problem - I've emailed the manufacturer to see if they offer a replacement.

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the blu-ray is not in the drive when you switch it on/off.
Step 2: Turn your PS3 on/off with the switch in the back. This will "reboot" your PS3 and the blu-ray should be recognized
Step 3: Re-insert the blu-ray.
Step 4: Look for the blu-ray in the "Video" bar and not the "Game" bar.

If you are still having trouble with the disc, email [email protected] and they'll help you out with a replacement.

I received my game and artbook (in good condition). I was happily surprised getting the artbook, since GameStop always screws those promos up for me.

I haven't tried the Blu-Ray out, but it looks like I need to get on that and see if it works or not.

[quote name='kanedags']Try the following:

Step 2: Turn your PS3 on/off with the switch in the back. This will "reboot" your PS3 and the blu-ray should be recognized

If you are still having trouble with the disc, email [email protected] and they'll help you out with a replacement.[/QUOTE]
Odd, I didn't have to do any of that.

I got a question for anybody who got the LE.

I just got my BlazBlue LE from Amazon which was backordered for a bit and then shipped. The factory seal on the back isn't completely sealed- there's a hole in the back (about 3 in diameter). It doesn't look like it was manmade, it just looks like the shrink was too small to begin with. Is that normal?

The box looks a little roughed up and I'm wondering if this is a resealed return or something.:whistle2:k

I lucked out and bought an LE copy today at GS. It was the last copy of the game in the store. I'm even more amazed that they didn't try to gut it. now if I only didn't have to go back to work...

Also, you might want to make sure you have the latest firmware update for your PS3.

[quote name='MasterWolf'].......What. FIght Night Round Four is a bad comparison to BlazBlue. That game is incredibly slow, I specially hate the joystick fighting mechanics, which I head from joystiq.com may change with future DLC. Which would add the use of buttons (A,X,Y,B).[/QUOTE]

Whoa Whoa Whoa....I wasn't comparing Fight Night to Blaz Blue...I simply said I decided against Blaz Blue and wanted Fight Night. I would much rather play Street Fighter or Guilty Gear or even King of Fighters then BlazBlue. That's all. Fight Night is a totally different game and genre.

I was just disappointed with BlazBlue, thats all.

[quote name='kanedags']Also, you might want to make sure you have the latest firmware update for your PS3.[/QUOTE]

Be careful with that one. Had mine brick after a firmware update. Wouldn't read ANY discs immediately after the update. Of course, Sony claims we're all crazy.

[quote name='Vinny']I got a question for anybody who got the LE.

I just got my BlazBlue LE from Amazon which was backordered for a bit and then shipped. The factory seal on the back isn't completely sealed- there's a hole in the back (about 3 in diameter). It doesn't look like it was manmade, it just looks like the shrink was too small to begin with. Is that normal?

The box looks a little roughed up and I'm wondering if this is a resealed return or something.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Well, on occassion there are problems like that, I've seen it more than once where a dvd or game has a partial "hole" because of incomplete shrinkwrapping. Usually its only an inch or two, but more is possible.

As for the box, I guess it depends on how its roughed up. Corners hit might just be shipping, etc.

[quote name='kanedags']Try the following:

If you are still having trouble with the disc, email [email protected] and they'll help you out with a replacement.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've already tried all of that (along w/ the firmware update - I always keep my system up-to-date). No dice. I still haven't heard back from Aksys either, but hopefully I will soon. I suck at the game too, so I was looking forward to learning something from those vids. :p

[quote name='Vinny']I got a question for anybody who got the LE.

The box looks a little roughed up and I'm wondering if this is a resealed return or something.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Can you post a picture? It might give us a better idea.

[quote name='zohar']Agree to this, at least the second part. I also have to add that this sort of thing happens every time a new limited pre-order item comes out. The initial first or second weeks are crazy, people are willing to pay ridiculous prices due to the hype (myself included sometimes, like this! :cry:).

But afterwards demand goes way down and prices plummet. Maybe because all the "collector's" have it or maybe common sense just goes up! And the scalpers are just left with something they have absolutely no desire to keep... :)[/QUOTE]

Definitely wasn't limited. A friend was down at AnimeExpo and I asked him to pick up a copy of the artbook for me. During his free time, he grabbed one for me and one for himself. Easy. Artbooks were $10.

Also, I must have been thinking ComicCon with the "60-70k admissions" (truth is, they're closer to 100k). They reported that this year was 44-46k admissions for AnimeExpo 2009.

[quote name='dualedge2']Definitely wasn't limited. A friend was down at AnimeExpo and I asked him to pick up a copy of the artbook for me. During his free time, he grabbed one for me and one for himself. Easy. Artbooks were $10.

Also, I must have been thinking ComicCon with the "60-70k admissions" (truth is, they're closer to 100k). They reported that this year was 44-46k admissions for AnimeExpo 2009.[/QUOTE]

I know they sold out of them at Anime Expo though. ;) Actually they sold out of quite a few items.... like the PS3 version of Blazblue and some Guilty Gear titles.

So like an idiot I'm just now researching BlazBlue and I friggin want it. I dunno who was offering the art books but I can't find a retailer that has them. Was it a GameStop preorder thing that's over now? Or is it a part of the limited edition and it's just not mentioned in the listing? I'd prefer the PS3 version and the only place I can find that has it in stock is BB and they mention nothing about an artbook.

[quote name='PvtChurch']So like an idiot I'm just now researching BlazBlue and I friggin want it. I dunno who was offering the art books but I can't find a retailer that has them. Was it a GameStop preorder thing that's over now? Or is it a part of the limited edition and it's just not mentioned in the listing? I'd prefer the PS3 version and the only place I can find that has it in stock is BB and they mention nothing about an artbook.[/QUOTE]

The artbook was only for GS online pre-orders. And yes, you're outta luck unless you wanna pay $70 for one.

I honestly don't know how anyone could have missed this though... this thread exploded as soon as the it was posted. It's been near the top of the deals section every single hour since it was made.:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']The artbook was only for GS online pre-orders. And yes, you're outta luck unless you wanna pay $70 for one.

I honestly don't know how anyone could have missed this though... this thread exploded as soon as the it was posted. It's been near the top of the deals section every single hour since it was made.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Probably has something to do with the fact that I've had zero interest in BlazBlue until today and thus never clicked on this thread.

If you want the LE version you better pick it up ASAP, otherwise you'll be left with the regular edition with no soundtrack.

Yeah. If you want the LE version, your best bet is to run to a BB / GS / EB B&M. It's already sold out everywhere online.

The regular edition (game only) is going to be released towards the end of July, at the same $59.99 price.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']If you want the LE version you better pick it up ASAP, otherwise you'll be left with the regular edition with no soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Meh, the soundtrack's not a big deal for me and I don't really care about the character tutorials. Now that I know I've missed out on the artbook I'll probably just wait for the game to go on sale somewhere.

I think I'm a little confused about the art book. What in the world is making it sell for so much on eBay? Isn't is just a book with...well, art in it?

[quote name='TreizePlus']I think I'm a little confused about the art book. What in the world is making it sell for so much on eBay? Isn't is just a book with...well, art in it?[/QUOTE]

try searching for valkyria chronicles art book, a few pages of crap yet still quite expensive since ppl want to collect.

RARE, HARD TO FIND (besides Ebay) book with...well, art in it.... that is the only reason why it went up in value, I estimate in a months time they will be dirt cheap..... or..... they will still be super expensive.

[quote name='eau']Yeah. If you want the LE version, your best bet is to run to a BB / GS / EB B&M. It's already sold out everywhere online.

The regular edition (game only) is going to be released towards the end of July, at the same $59.99 price.[/QUOTE]

where did you get that info about the regular edition?

Yeah I def visited this thread numerous times and couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to preorder, so I missed the Art book. So I grabbed the LE at GS B&M. But now.......I want the PS3 Blazblue Hori fight stick. Problem is they are impossible to find except Ebay and are all 200+. I would pay 150 shipped if anyone knows of a place?

Honestly the prices for the artbook are ridiculous. I found a scan of the entire thing on the internet pretty easily and it doesn't even seem like it's worth $10. But I guess like earlier posters said people like collecting things.

I may find the answer to this question somewhere in the 65 pages of this thread, but thought I'd be lazy and ask the question.

I could care less about the LE, but how's the game? I've seen screenshots and it looks beautiful, but heard it plays fast and frantic and is difficult to master. If I had trouble pulling off some of the more complex combos in SFIV, am I in for a world of hurt with this game, or is it a different yet satisfying experience. How's the online community? (XBL) Easy to find somebody at/around your skill level? Sorry to stray off the deal topic, but I'd love to know what I'm getting into before dropping cash on this game.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Honestly the prices for the artbook are ridiculous. I found a scan of the entire thing on the internet pretty easily and it doesn't even seem like it's worth $10. But I guess like earlier posters said people like collecting things.[/QUOTE]

The artbook is pretty much the worst thing out of the whole LE package. I think the instruction booklet has more art in it :lol:

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Honestly the prices for the artbook are ridiculous. I found a scan of the entire thing on the internet pretty easily and it doesn't even seem like it's worth $10. But I guess like earlier posters said people like collecting things.[/QUOTE]

I'll admit I like collecting pre-order artbooks, but this one is by far the weakest one I've gotten in recent memory. It's nothing more than a movelist booklet with art that was taken from their online gallery. To top it off mine came bent because some jackass thought putting the game on top of it was a great idea.

Still, the perceived scarcity makes it worth having.

Do you have a link?

[quote name='fatboyjam']I may find the answer to this question somewhere in the 65 pages of this thread, but thought I'd be lazy and ask the question.

I could care less about the LE, but how's the game? I've seen screenshots and it looks beautiful, but heard it plays fast and frantic and is difficult to master. .[/QUOTE]

Not a bad question at all, and NO you won't find the answer here, because the BlazeBlue artbook is like Backwards compatibility for the PS3. It's the only thing people talk about, but in all honesty no one really gives a shit about it.

So I'll answer this for you. Pick up this game. Even if you are just a casual player (like me) you will have tons of fun. I picked it just to play with the kids and it's a blast. If you pay $60 for just a bare disc with not another damn thing included, it's still a great buy in my opinion.

I only recently picked up SF4, and I'm enjoying it as well, but for some reason BB just resonates better with me. I'm a huge fan of the SNK fighting games, I have a 4 slot MVS in my house and still play Samurai Shodown 5 at least twice a week, there is something about this game that kind of reminds me of the old "glory days" of fighters.
I'm still at the early "I suck" stages, but the controls are spot on, it's gorgeous to watch and just plain fun.

Gatcha~

Isn't there a fighting game thread over at the general video game forum? That's probably were all your game related questions should go now. This is a deal thread though not that it hurts to ask.

Has anybody noticed a quick "scratch" audio defect on track 15 of the first BlazBlue soundtrack CD at about 2:18 in to the song? My CD is pristine, yet I hear that sound even when I play it in 2 different CD players.

bread's done
Back