BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Perfect*Ending']In the L.E., does the actual game come in its own case with shrinkwrap and barcode, like a stand-alone release?[/QUOTE]

Yes. From what i remember both dvd cases were sealed (360 version). The UPC for the game in the LE box is 8 93610 00125 9. The UPC could be different on the regular edition but i doubt it would be. Nothing about this game says LE on it. Not the manual, game disc, or cover art.

I really don't think it's worth keeping a copy sealed to sell. I think after the initial surge of interest, I think demand will drop off pretty sharply for a niche title like this, especially a fighting game. I kinda think that's happened already. The sales of SFIV dropped off really sharply, and this isn't nearly as high-profile. The limited edition isn't that special.

[quote name='2&2']I really don't think it's worth keeping a copy sealed to sell. I think after the initial surge of interest, I think demand will drop off pretty sharply for a niche title like this, especially a fighting game. I kinda think that's happened already. The sales of SFIV dropped off really sharply, and this isn't nearly as high-profile. The limited edition isn't that special.[/QUOTE]

Short term trends are rarely indicative of long term value. There are so many variables, it's impossible to tell. Part of it is completely dependent on the future of the series.

2D fighting classics tend to hold their value very well, especially Capcom games.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Damn. $31 here with just under 2 days left.
Best pre-order bonus ever (for resale value anyways, I'll gladly take a new release fighting game at half price. Wish more companies would offer pre-order bonuses :p)[/QUOTE]

Should have put it up earlier man! The price probably went down since the book went back up on gamestop.com.

Mine ended up selling for $51.

Total cost of game: $60.00 (most of this was estarland.com trade-in credit)
Profit from selling: $51.00
Final cost of game: $9

Not too shabby huh.

good luck with those listings sometimes people don't realize that they don't make much after listing fees and paypal fees

Not too bad. Mine just hit $39. Also even with eBay fees to make half or more of money back on a pre-order bonus? I'm not expecting a profit, just my costs reduced.

If you guys go to Gamestop.com they no longer list the pre-order bonus for the standard editions.

[quote name='NegativeZero']i cant tell you how right that statement is, while the 360 LE isnt saying much, the ps3 version which i have is a bit HTF and as much as I'd love to play the game, i love profit even more apparently.[/QUOTE]

Where does this come from. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. and I can find the PS3 LE in 13 gamestops, and 2 bestbuy stores. Yet the 360 version I can find in 2 gamestops, and 2 bestbuy stores. I called each store today, all the gamestop stores have 2-3 copies of the PS3 LE. While the Best Buy stores have 1 each. I can find 30+ Copies of the PS3 LE, yet I can only find 4 copies of the 360 LE.

So where exactly did this rumor about the game being rare on the PS3 come from?

[quote name='dualedge2']The BlazBlue LE Xbox360 version is in stock at DeepDiscountDVD.com.

Sadly, the 25% off code doesn't work with it :lol:[/QUOTE]
Their semi-annual sale never work on games anyway.

Sweet, my DeepDiscount order randomly shipped today! PS3 version! Time to take my copy back to Gamestop. I only bought a copy there as a last resort.

Hopefully they didn't get confused and ship the non-LE version as LE :\

[quote name='Ray5555']Where does this come from. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. and I can find the PS3 LE in 13 gamestops, and 2 bestbuy stores. Yet the 360 version I can find in 2 gamestops, and 2 bestbuy stores. I called each store today, all the gamestop stores have 2-3 copies of the PS3 LE. While the Best Buy stores have 1 each. I can find 30+ Copies of the PS3 LE, yet I can only find 4 copies of the 360 LE.

So where exactly did this rumor about the game being rare on the PS3 come from?[/QUOTE]

Online stores seem to sell out of the PS3 one first.

Just get it for the system you like the most. I really don't think the price is going to go up that much after they stop making it. The SF4 CE had high initial demand too, but isn't fetching too much on eBay anymore.

[quote name='OGHowie']Online stores seem to sell out of the PS3 one first.

Just get it for the system you like the most. I really don't think the price is going to go up that much after they stop making it. The SF4 CE had high initial demand too, but isn't fetching too much on eBay anymore.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean get it for the CONTROLLER you like most!

I like my 360 better than my PS3 for most things but definitely not for fighting games. My friend talked me into getting SFIV for 360, and I regret that decision everytime I play it. Using the 360 analog stick is actually easier to use (for me) than that POS pad.

[quote name='bleak']I think you mean get it for the CONTROLLER you like most!

I like my 360 better than my PS3 for most things but definitely not for fighting games. My friend talked me into getting SFIV for 360, and I regret that decision everytime I play it. Using the 360 analog stick is actually easier to use (for me) than that POS pad.[/QUOTE]
Sound like you should invest in an arcade stick. Once you get used to it you'll never look back.

[quote name='OGHowie']Online stores seem to sell out of the PS3 one first.

Just get it for the system you like the most. I really don't think the price is going to go up that much after they stop making it. The SF4 CE had high initial demand too, but isn't fetching too much on eBay anymore.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for me I have to buy it online. All of the stores in my area sold out of the 360 LE. Yet I still see the ps3 LE still on shelves collecting dust.

[quote name='Ray5555']Unfortunately for me I have to buy it online. All of the stores in my area sold out of the 360 LE. Yet I still see the ps3 LE still on shelves collecting dust.[/QUOTE]
In my area it is the exact opposite. I see multiple copies of the 360 version in every Best Buy and GameStop I have been in recently. But there is not a single, non-gutted PS3 version to be found anywhere.

You seem to be the exception. I have yet to see a 360 version anywhere but almost every Best Buy around here has at least 2 copies of the PS3 version.

LOL i love the subtle system wars scuffle thats going on in here. What you're seeing stores is more likely a result of where/when inventory gets shipped rather than local sales.

:ps3: 1st week US sales
50,505 Vgchartz

:360: 1st week US sales
48,619 Vgchartz

Not sure how reliable vgchartz is these days. But I would say it sold as expected. The difference in sales numbers between the systems isn't much at all.

I'm a pretty big VGChartz supporter but after the recent The Conduit debacle (IE half the sales) I don't think I'm going to quote them anymore. However, I have to say reading the web the PS3 has a slight advantage on word of mouth and will lead in sales.

BTW, my Artbook sold for $51 on eBay. So after fees and free shipping BlazBlue only cost me $18. Not bad for a brand new fighting game of It's calibur (IE it's going to be hard to find cheap in the long run). Thanks to CAG for the heads up on the pre-order bonuses!

The 360 version is back in stock at Deep Discount. Of course, it never went out of stock at Newegg.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']BTW, my Artbook sold for $51 on eBay. So after fees and free shipping BlazBlue only cost me $18. Not bad for a brand new fighting game of It's calibur (IE it's going to be hard to find cheap in the long run). Thanks to CAG for the heads up on the pre-order bonuses![/QUOTE]

I would assume the non-limited edition coming out at the end of this month will turn out to be just like all the other games out there that eventually stop selling and then are clearanced to make room for new games.

Targets are going to carry this? Or do you mean a Gamedays type clearance?

Well I'm still holding out for a $10 Chrono Trigger DS ;)

What do you want to bet that the distributor short changed the East coast on the 360 LE. While on the West coast they got shortchanged on the PS3 LE? From what I have seen the west coast has tons of the 360 LE, but almost none of the PS3 LE. Yet here in the East coast we have tons of the PS3 LE, and almost none of the 360 LE.

[quote name='Ray5555']What do you want to bet that the distributor short changed the East coast on the 360 LE. While on the West coast they got shortchanged on the PS3 LE? From what I have seen the west coast has tons of the 360 LE, but almost none of the PS3 LE. Yet here in the East coast we have tons of the PS3 LE, and almost none of the 360 LE.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the east coast and see the opposite. I live in Florida and there are no PS3 LE's in stock. Yet, I go to Best Buy or anywhere and see dozens of LE's for the 360.

[quote name='Se7en69']I'm on the east coast and see the opposite. I live in Florida and there are no PS3 LE's in stock. Yet, I go to Best Buy or anywhere and see dozens of LE's for the 360.[/QUOTE]
I am on the West Coast of FLA and see the same :there are no PS3 LE's in stock. Yet, I go to Best Buy and GS and see several LE's for the 360.

Are you guys actually seeing this game in stores or using store locators? I was using the store locators and almost every store had it, but in store was a different case. They were all sold out.

Also companies need to get it right.
LE - should be limited first come first serve. Make a certain number and leave it.
CE - should be more than LE but still be sort of limited
SE - should be enough for everyone

Thats how I think editions should be made.

More than a little annoyed at my Local GS manager! I actually found a BlazBlue used during their recent b2g1F sale, Knowing that the game only came out in LE sets, I asked the clerks if they had the extra stuff behind the counter somewhere? The 1st guys says "yeah, I put it on top of the counter earlier in the week so it should be around here somewhere." The other clerk goes "Uhh, you mean that bundle of disk? The manager passed by and was cleaning, she asked what all these extras were? I told her it was in case anyone came and bought the game, she said that people don't want the extra crap, just the game and tossed it in the trash!!!!!!"

I know that manager personally, and she's a gamer with a Napoleon streak, who can be cool, but also really really quick tempered and stubborn at times. Right now I feel like drop kicking her for tossing that stuff out. I asked the 2nd clerk why he didn't stop her, and he said well she is the boss, what was I supposed to do? (I felt like drop kicking him to!)

I really want to check the game out before I put down major coins on this game. And this was my best way of accomplishing that.

aww man, aww well there are worse things in life, I'll just check the game out and hope that it plays well.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Are you guys actually seeing this game in stores or using store locators? I was using the store locators and almost every store had it, but in store was a different case. They were all sold out.[/QUOTE]

Yep actually went to various stores because I wanted it for the PS3. I had to go out of my way until I finally found one at a Gamestop that was pretty far away from me. And it was their last copy. But Xbox 360's LE's were at all the stores I went to. The Best Buy had at least a dozen or so and 0 PS3 copies.

Pretty wild.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']More than a little annoyed at my Local GS manager! I actually found a BlazBlue used during their recent b2g1F sale, Knowing that the game only came out in LE sets, I asked the clerks if they had the extra stuff behind the counter somewhere? The 1st guys says "yeah, I put it on top of the counter earlier in the week so it should be around here somewhere." The other clerk goes "Uhh, you mean that bundle of disk? The manager passed by and was cleaning, she asked what all these extras were? I told her it was in case anyone came and bought the game, she said that people don't want the extra crap, just the game and tossed it in the trash!!!!!!"

I know that manager personally, and she's a gamer with a Napoleon streak, who can be cool, but also really really quick tempered and stubborn at times. Right now I feel like drop kicking her for tossing that stuff out. I asked the 2nd clerk why he didn't stop her, and he said well she is the boss, what was I supposed to do? (I felt like drop kicking him to!)

I really want to check the game out before I put down major coins on this game. And this was my best way of accomplishing that.

aww man, aww well there are worse things in life, I'll just check the game out and hope that it plays well.[/QUOTE]

Should have asked her if you could take out the trash.

[quote name='sinned47']lucky, whoever bought it has too much money to spend[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it would sell. I put it up for $169.99 a few days ago, and I just got an e-mail from Amazon telling me the item has been sold. Crazy. :whistle2:#

[quote name='earvcunanan']I didn't think it would sell. I put it up for $169.99 a few days ago, and I just got an e-mail from Amazon telling me the item has been sold. Crazy. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I had my brother throw my extra one up on eBay and it already has 10 watchers in a single day. I didn't think the art book would end up being in such high demand.

Was your LE sealed?

[quote name='earvcunanan']Wow, I just sold my PS3 LE + Art Book on Amazon for $173.xx O_O[/QUOTE]
:shock:

It must be an international buyer? I can understand an international buyer forking out $$$ for something that he really wants but can't get locally.

Dealing with an international buyer can be risky at times especially for this crazy price. Just be really careful, and get some form of tracking / proof of shipment in case he pulls a trick on you.

[quote name='bleak']I think you mean get it for the CONTROLLER you like most!

I like my 360 better than my PS3 for most things but definitely not for fighting games. My friend talked me into getting SFIV for 360, and I regret that decision everytime I play it. Using the 360 analog stick is actually easier to use (for me) than that POS pad.[/QUOTE]

At least get the fightpad at $40, or get the SF4 TE stick if you have the 50% off code from Amazon trades.

My problem is all my fighting games and my TE stick are for the PS3, and all my most active game friends are on 360.

[quote name='eau']:shock:

It must be an international buyer? I can understand an international buyer forking out $$$ for something that he really wants but can't get locally.

Dealing with an international buyer can be risky at times especially for this crazy price. Just be really careful, and get some form of tracking / proof of shipment in case he pulls a trick on you.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't allow international shipping of games. Plus, for items they do allow international buyers on you have the option of even offering international shipping. So there is no way she got an international buyer which is crazy. Almost as crazy for how much the Persona Social Link Expansion packs were selling for at one point in time.

I believe the artbook is a hot cake for international collectors (note, not buyers, who the hell buys at a premium and then flip/sell?). I sold my copy for $70 after shipping/fees. So basically, my LE is free :) I'm thinking about selling the LE too...

Does anyone who pre-ordered the standard edition from GameStop.com still have the art book listed in their order? Apparently, GS doesn't have anymore art books and are no longer honoring the offer for all current orders.

I just checked and the artbook is still listed in my order:

clear.gif
PREMIUM, AKSYS ARTBOOK
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Verifying
clear.gif
N/A
clear.gif