Blazblue CS 18.99 PS3/21.99 360 at BB

Worth it if you're into 2d fighters. I was surprised how much I liked it. Beginner mode is great, allows me to play against friends who have no idea what they're doing and not make them quit in ten minutes.

With Continuum Shift II coming out in May (complete with balance changes) as a free patch, there's NEVER been a better time to pick this game up. If you even vaguely like fighting games, you should give this a shot- it's a lot of fun to play with friends, especially if you all first try it out at the same time, and if you want to get competitive about it, there's plenty of competition online. I just wouldn't get TOO into it before you have to relearn combos and whatnot once the patch comes out. :p

[quote name='Gosha']Still 29.99 online, so I'd imagine its YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Same. I was at a Best Buy today and it was still $29.99

[quote name='Dragonsbane']This ymmv or advertised?[/QUOTE]

It's a clearance game at all the BB near me in PA/NJ but I got it for $12 or $14 @ GS during the power saver sale(used)

This is also 19.99 on the GameStop website. I would probably buy, but the character dlc is way overpriced. Also the update in May is adding in game advertisments. If you never bought the first game this is probably a better deal though.

While I will readily admit to being a bit biased, this is an amazing price on an amazing game. Anyone who is at all a fan of 2d fighters (heavy emphasis of this if you're a fan of Guilty Gear, Darkstalkers, or similar fast paced sprite fighters) really owes it to themself to play this one. As stated above, it's getting the (free) CS2 balance patch in May so I'd say the game's lifespan is certainly proving itself longer than Calamity Trigger was.

Also note that:
* Yes, the DLC Characters are $7 average (with occasional sales). Sucks I know, but you are getting 3x -vastly- different characters who play unlike anyone else in the cast, compared to e.Ryu and Oni in SSF4AE who play, well, rather similar to pre-existing characters. =\

* You do not have to buy the DLC characters to fight them online. ArcSysWorks made the data readily available in patches so you can fight them for free, you just have to pay the $7 each if you want to play as them yourself.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']While I will readily admit to being a bit biased, this is an amazing price on an amazing game. Anyone who is at all a fan of 2d fighters (heavy emphasis of this if you're a fan of Guilty Gear, Darkstalkers, or similar fast paced sprite fighters) really owes it to themself to play this one. As stated above, it's getting the (free) CS2 balance patch in May so I'd say the game's lifespan is certainly proving itself longer than Calamity Trigger was.

Also note that:
* Yes, the DLC Characters are $7 average (with occasional sales). Sucks I know, but you are getting 3x -vastly- different characters who play unlike anyone else in the cast, compared to e.Ryu and Oni in SSF4AE who play, well, rather similar to pre-existing characters. =\

* You do not have to buy the DLC characters to fight them online. ArcSysWorks made the data readily available in patches so you can fight them for free, you just have to pay the $7 each if you want to play as them yourself.[/QUOTE]

I got it at the Gamestop sale for $13 or so a few weeks ago and I'm not that into it. I kind of viewed Calamity Trigger as a game in my backlog, but then once I started playing CS I remembered that I never played CT much because Blazblue in general isn't very good. Guilty Gear X2 is just way, WAY better and the only thing Blazblue has going for it is graphics.

Anyone know when Trinity the Platinum dlc will be released in the US? I've read that it may be May 12th but I thought that was for Japan.

As for the game itself, I'd highly recommend it for this price.

hmmm...now to decide on 360 or ps3. only reason why i want it on 360 is to add more games to my collection for that console. but i guess i have to go with ps3 since most of my fighting games are on ps3 and i prefer the dpad.

Another user had made a thread about this a few days prior to this one. I picked one up at the Addison, IL store just as he did. It was $19.99 there and had a 50% off sticker so was $10.77 with tax.

bread's done
Back