Blazblue LE Tournament Edition Stick (360/PS3) - $199.99 *NOW SHIPPING*

E

eastshore4

Tried doing a search but couldn't find anything on this so I figured I'd post:

AKSYS is selling a limited edition Mad Catz Blazblue Tournament Edition stick (only 1500 made, I'm assuming they mean 1500 per each system), they were set to release a month or so from now but it seems the order came in early so they're shipping now. At $200 they're not necessarily a deal I suppose, but with the limited quantities I figured it might not last so long. Free shipping, although I guess they don't ship internationally. Here's the link:

http://www.aksysgames.com/store/#bb_360stick

[quote name='LostRoad']Um no

BB TE=3000 made
Femme Fatale = 1000 made ( price $159.99 )
SD Comic Con = 500 made ( 179.99 )

So yeah there are more of the " limited " BlazBlue sticks made than the past two limited sticks and these cost more. Don't offer any sympathy to Aksys they are clearly try to screw over their fan base and those that are less informed. And for all those saying this is for only the die hard BB fans( cause anyone in the FGT will tell you how much I hate that game :roll:), well why the hell didn't you buy any of the Hori BB sticks, you know their have only been three now, and hell new one is a VLX.[/QUOTE]

I'd like it if someone can clarify if it's 1500 for each system or 1500 total. Also, I get what you're saying here, but I don't know if I accept your example. Capcom's doing all of this business with MC so it doesn't seem too far fetched that they might ask "can you whip us up a few collectible models on the cheap?", wheras AKSYS steps up and says "hey MC, we wanted a stick, but it's a one-off thing and we'll probably only need 1500 or so"... it wouldn't be surprising IMO if AKSYS ended up having to shell out a bit more than Capcom.

[quote name='eastx']No they don't. Those sticks have multicolored buttons as a design choice, nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, it wasn't a design choice. This is a Microsoft specification standard to use those button colors.

I totally understand why anyone might not be interested in this stick. I really like it, tho, and was totally in the market for a second sanwa setup. My first one set me back about 120 after everything I wanted to do with it was done; it's hot. I don't collect sticks but I like that my friend can come hang out with neither player settling for a controller (I just want two max). If I had two any kind of fightsticks, I would easily pass.

So 80 bux extra for a stick I would totally leave as is didn't seem as ludicrous as it may to some people. Sometimes I do regret not picking up a femme fatale when they were released; I'd be about 40 dollars richer.

For those saying they wouldn't buy one to replace their already-working sticks... Um, yea that makes sense. Buying just to buy would be silly.

[quote name='eastshore4']I'd like it if someone can clarify if it's 1500 for each system or 1500 total. Also, I get what you're saying here, but I don't know if I accept your example. Capcom's doing all of this business with MC so it doesn't seem too far fetched that they might ask "can you whip us up a few collectible models on the cheap?", wheras AKSYS steps up and says "hey MC, we wanted a stick, but it's a one-off thing and we'll probably only need 1500 or so"... it wouldn't be surprising IMO if AKSYS ended up having to shell out a bit more than Capcom.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Capcom would def pay a lot less, imo.

[quote name='eastshore4']I'd like it if someone can clarify if it's 1500 for each system or 1500 total. Also, I get what you're saying here, but I don't know if I accept your example. Capcom's doing all of this business with MC so it doesn't seem too far fetched that they might ask "can you whip us up a few collectible models on the cheap?", wheras AKSYS steps up and says "hey MC, we wanted a stick, but it's a one-off thing and we'll probably only need 1500 or so"... it wouldn't be surprising IMO if AKSYS ended up having to shell out a bit more than Capcom.[/QUOTE]

It's 3,000 units. I believe only the first 1500 will be numbered with a tiny white sticker. Either way it's still a complete and total rip-off.

Get a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for $100 or less (I got mine for $90)
Print the same art and you get the same thing and you save a $100

[quote name='MarkMan']Trust me, it wasn't a design choice. This is a Microsoft specification standard to use those button colors.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, sorry then. I'm surprised nobody told us this in the arcade stick thread! ;)

One of my co-workers owns one of those and he complains that the buttons aren't as "arcade-ish" as he'd like them to be. Oh, and the thing weighs about as much as a PS3 or 360. You can seriously use it as a dumbbell.

[quote name='Peter908']One of my co-workers owns one of those and he complains that the buttons aren't as "arcade-ish" as he'd like them to be. Oh, and the thing weighs about as much as a PS3 or 360. You can seriously use it as a dumbbell.[/QUOTE]

Not to be rude, but what is that even supposed to mean? The buttons are actual arcade buttons. How much more "arcade-ish" can you get?

at the very least, they should include the game and some CE-type bonuses (soundtrack, artbook + 1 collectible) for your $200

I oddly like my old BlazBlue modded TE more than this one, lol:

11uajps.jpg

Which I remodded to...

hrbsc6.jpg

Wow, impressive job on the mod. I like how the buttons don't interrupt the flow of the artwork.

[quote name='Armads']I oddly like my old BlazBlue modded TE more than this one, lol:

11uajps.jpg

Which I remodded to...

hrbsc6.jpg
[/QUOTE] i liked the first one better

You can easily paint the thing blue (professionally) and get the same art printed for cheaper than 199.99, assuming you get the street fighter t.e. for 99.99 or less.

[quote name='GuardianE']Not to be rude, but what is that even supposed to mean? The buttons are actual arcade buttons. How much more "arcade-ish" can you get?[/QUOTE]

well they prolly haven't had years of softdrinks poured into 'em like most arcade cabinets yet.

I enjoyed Darksiders a lot. And I love the art style of the game. Obviously if you're in this thread, you're probably a blazblue fan, which liking a blazblue stick more than a Darksiders stick doesn't surprise me, lol.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']is the darkstalkers with semitsu buttons?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. 6 clear PS-14-KN's and 2 red w/ clear caps PS-14-KN's.

[quote name='Armads']I enjoyed Darksiders a lot. And I love the art style of the game. Obviously if you're in this thread, you're probably a blazblue fan, which liking a blazblue stick more than a Darksiders stick doesn't surprise me, lol.

Yeah it is. 6 clear PS-14-KN's and 2 red w/ clear caps PS-14-KN's.[/QUOTE]where did u get the joystick from

I only ask because I want to do the same thing with my TE.

Did you replace the full sanwa buttons (plunger and the whole nine)? I'm not sure about the graphic I'll be using but I DEFINITELY like the clear buttons + graphic look

[quote name='Afflicted']well they prolly haven't had years of softdrinks poured into 'em like most arcade cabinets yet.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

You win this thread.

But seriously though, he's probably complaining that they aren't the concave American style buttons with too much resistance in them.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I only ask because I want to do the same thing with my TE.

Did you replace the full sanwa buttons (plunger and the whole nine)? I'm not sure about the graphic I'll be using but I DEFINITELY like the clear buttons + graphic look[/QUOTE]

Yep, they aren't Sanwa buttons. They're called Seimitsu PS-14-KN, you order them in clear (sometimes referred to as 'white') use a small blunt tip to pop the cap off, put your artwork cutouts in, and snap it back down.

It's friggin pimp is all I know. I knew they were Semitsu from my research. I didn't know the model number, but I think I want to do a project on my birthday to revamp my stick. Have no idea what graphic I'm going to use.

Is the top in that metal that comes stock on the TEs?

i hope it plays with your balls while youre sleeping for that high of a price its got to have some serious "bonus" features.

If you don't care about it being official, you can always get any of the SFIV TE sticks and just mod it, replacing the button colors and the art.

bread's done
Back