Blitz: The League

So what are the modes in this? I can't find a review that mentions them all... I know there is a "campaign", which is like a sort of franchise, but is there just a straight season mode? What about a quick play mode?

[quote name='Roufuss']So what are the modes in this? I can't find a review that mentions them all... I know there is a "campaign", which is like a sort of franchise, but is there just a straight season mode? What about a quick play mode?[/QUOTE]

Season, no (IIRC), quick play, yes

[quote name='Scorch']Season, no (IIRC), quick play, yes[/QUOTE]

So my choices are quick play (like scrimmage, pick any team I want), campaign, and online?

Was kind of hoping for a season mode, where I could be any team and just run through a season straight... still worth getting if I'm not going to be taking it online? I just want a good football experience, and I'm worried that with only quick play and campaign this game will get boring quickly.

[quote name='Roufuss']So my choices are quick play (like scrimmage, pick any team I want), campaign, and online?

Was kind of hoping for a season mode, where I could be any team and just run through a season straight... still worth getting if I'm not going to be taking it online? I just want a good football experience, and I'm worried that with only quick play and campaign this game will get boring quickly.[/QUOTE]

do you have xbox live or ps2 online? that can give some replay value...

i just got this...really fun game...the little things make this game's presentation awesome...the actual gameplay is great and responsive...it really makes you feel like it's a "hardcore" league...i like :D

Nuts. I really don't think I need three football games this year. I've already picked up Madden and NFL Street 2 but Blitz looks good. Those of you who have this already, is Blitz a different enough gameplay experience from both Madden and Street to justify a purchase?

I picked this game up for the Xbox, seeing as how I loved the old Blitz games and the new story mode and Live play interested me. I played a couple games, and damn, I was disappointed. I really did not like the game.

Then I tried the tutorials. They were tough at points, and Lawrence Taylor shouted more obscenities at me than my mother ever had, but after finishing, I played another exhibition game and I realized soemthing. This game is awesome!

It has all the stuff from the old Blitz games, but so much more. Matrix/bullet-time like Clash Mode, dirty hits where you can snap guys' bones and tendons in half, hilarious player taunts and touchdown celebrations, and so much more.

I had a hard time putting the game down, and that's just on 1 player exhibition mode. I haven't even started the season (since I have to create a team while on Live to use it online) or played on Live since it's down today, but damn, I love this game.

I've never played the Street games so I can't compare the two, but for thoseof you who don't have this, I highly recommend it.

I got this game today, I've played two games so far and both were very fun. I hope I will be able to get broadband soon so I can school all of you ;). If anything, I'll try to go to my friends house and use his broadband/XBL account.

bread's done
Back