Blizzard Battle chests - $7.99 BB

mcgavin27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Best buy has the Diablo 2,warcraft 3, starcraft, and wow Battle chests on sale for $7.99.

This is instore and online.

Posting from my phone, I'll attach links when I get to my computer.

FYI any version of SC1 activates as Starcraft Anthology on Blizzard's website. I got a super cheap SC1 key (sans brood war), and it automatically gave me the expansion on their site. So I'd recommend getting the SC1 BC only if you want to use the CDs.

[quote name='apathetic-irony']fyi any version of sc1 activates as starcraft anthology on blizzard's website. I got a super cheap sc1 key (sans brood war), and it automatically gave me the expansion on their site. So i'd recommend getting the sc1 bc only if you want to use the cds.[/quote]

and pass on the guides?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!1111

I got the original battlechest back when it first came out and it included the full size strategy guides for both games. They were actually really nice and had some great artwork.

The new battlechest has those mini sized ones

[quote name='Brother Daz']Got a copy of diablo shipped. Hope it goes through. Quick question, my pc isn't the best for gaming but I should be able to run diablo fine right? I remember playing it years ago on a shitty pc and it ran decent.[/QUOTE]

Might want to post your comp specs, anything post Pentium 4 with some kind gfx onboard/card will be OK for d2.

I have at least 10 copies of wc3/frozen throne throne just due to the amount of amazing original custom maps. Will be pikn up some more for old times sakes

[quote name='huldrelok']Might want to post your comp specs, anything post Pentium 4 with some kind gfx onboard/card will be OK for d2.

I have at least 10 copies of wc3/frozen throne throne just due to the amount of amazing original custom maps. Will be pikn up some more for old times sakes[/QUOTE]
well I'm not computer savvy at all so I dont know exactly what you're looking for, so I'll do my best:

Processor-AMD Sempron 150 processor 2.90 GHz
Installed memory (RAM)- 2.00GB (1.75GB usable)
system type- 64-bit OS

I cant find anything about a gfx onboard/card

Is this what you're needing? Like I've said before, I know my pc is totally not build for gaming. Just want to relive my old days of playing D2

EDIT- Ok I *think* I found my gfx card info- NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (still not sure if this is right. Like I said, I am totally not pc savvy)

Last edited by a moderator:
First time I've ordered from best buys site in years (any time they had something I wanted it was in-store pickup only or sold out too fast). Thanks op :)

Picked up War3 for old times sake. Can't for the life of me find my old discs to register online but for $8, I'll won't mind buying a new set.

If your looking for any of the bc, check you store. After being listed as unavailable at my store, I stopped over lunch and found at least 4 of everything on the shelves. So in this instance I think it really pays to check out your store.

For the longest time I wanted Diablo 2 battle chest at a good price (especially considering it's a decade old) but now that Torchlight 2 is out I really don't feel the urge to buy/play it.

Thanks CAG, picked one of these up today after having a crummy day. Installing now. Hopefully this will give me a grin or too.

I'd been hankering to play a werewolf/druid after mauling folks in Skyrim. Couldn't find my LoD disc. Glad I could find a priceworthy replacement.

Thanks for the heads up, op. Picked one up for the GF and me. I was sad before since it was out of stock, but it came back!

[quote name='Brother Daz']well I'm not computer savvy at all so I dont know exactly what you're looking for, so I'll do my best:

Processor-AMD Sempron 150 processor 2.90 GHz
Installed memory (RAM)- 2.00GB (1.75GB usable)
system type- 64-bit OS

I cant find anything about a gfx onboard/card

Is this what you're needing? Like I've said before, I know my pc is totally not build for gaming. Just want to relive my old days of playing D2

EDIT- Ok I *think* I found my gfx card info- NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (still not sure if this is right. Like I said, I am totally not pc savvy)[/QUOTE]

thats more than enough for d2 starcraft warcraft and world of warcraft

Anyone know how long it normally takes for battle.net to send a verification email? I created an account, but am still waiting for the email to be sent. Its been about 15 min. Does it normally take this long?

If anyobody wants to sell the spare SC/Brood War key you'll have when you register online (either key gives you both), shoot me a PM. Can't find my copy but would love to get it on my account without breaking the bank.

[quote name='bjstucker']is the amount for the WOW games worth it? never played any of them.[/QUOTE]
The trial is f2p. Give that a spin first.

Had a $5 gift cert, which made the Warcraft chest cheap!

Also wife found a SC chest. Very nice deal. Thanks for the heads up.

As a note, there were a LOT of the SC chest at the store, but none showed on the online stock finder.

Someone on reddit pointed out that the Diablo battlechest does not contain the original Diablo. Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='jgran737']Someone on reddit pointed out that the Diablo battlechest does not contain the original Diablo. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

The new version will not contain the 1st Diablo only the 2nd and the Expansion.

The older version with Diablo 1 is pretty rare and has a higher price tag if you can find one on ebay or Amazon.

[quote name='clonesniper666']The new version will not contain the 1st Diablo only the 2nd and the Expansion.

The older version with Diablo 1 is pretty rare and has a higher price tag if you can find one on ebay or Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Lame :/ Thanks for the speedy answer. I might just pick it up anyway. The box felt nice and heavy.

[quote name='jgran737']Lame :/ Thanks for the speedy answer. I might just pick it up anyway. The box felt nice and heavy.[/QUOTE]

There is 4 discs in there plus a fulll strategy guide. D2 is simply amazing after all these years

If anyone picking up the WoW battle chest wants a good group of people to play with, send me a message and I'll give you the details. It's a low/medium population server, which some people like, but some dislike.

We are a lvl 25 guild, which gives you a lot of perks like extra experience for kills/quests, reduced time for your hearth ability, guild pays for weapons & armor repairs, etc. We are not hard core, but we do run lots of dungeons and old school raids for achievements, transmog gear, etc. We are a friendly bunch that likes to joke around with each other and help each other out.

[quote name='jgran737']Lame :/ Thanks for the speedy answer. I might just pick it up anyway. The box felt nice and heavy.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Diablo 1 really wasn't all that fun. I got the original Battlechest a decade or more ago, tried to play Diablo 1 right away, hated it, and didn't get around to even installing Diablo 2 for a good couple of years. Pity, because once I installed it I got a ton of gameplay out of Diablo 2.

Grabbed WC3 battle chest. Are there still a lot of people playing DOTA over Battle.net (the legit one, not those other unofficial Bnet servers like Eurobattle.net)?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was planning to start diablo 2 today but ended up getting a steam code for Torchlight 2 from a friend, which one should I start guys?

[quote name='The End']Time to submit a price match request to Amazon.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

"With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry."

[quote name='MP77']Apologies if this is a dumb question but do you have to have the CD in the drive to play any the games or can you install them and run them entirely from the install?[/QUOTE]

If you mean Warcraft III, Blizzard eventually released a patch that removed the need to keep your CD in the drive. Last I played ROC & TFT was several years ago so I suppose there's always the very small chance they changed their mind since then.

[quote name='LD_Helix']So I was planning to start diablo 2 today but ended up getting a steam code for Torchlight 2 from a friend, which one should I start guys?[/QUOTE]

Torchlight

[quote name='DANIEL']starcraft battlechest is back. is showing ship to store (5 to 7 days pick up)
I just ordered 1[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I missed it the last two times

bread's done
Back