Blizzard wins 80mill Judgement over private WOW server "Piracy"

From the article:
Reeves did not respond to the suit, resulting in a default judgment for Blizzard.
Why wouldn't you even respond if you were being sued for that much? She made over $3 million running a private WoW server and who knows what else, she could've afforded an attorney.

Blizzard will never see a dime, but this has to at least put fear in those who blatantly steal games for their own profit.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']From the article:
Why wouldn't you even respond if you were being sued for that much? She made over $3 million running a private WoW server and who knows what else, she could've afforded an attorney.

Blizzard will never see a dime, but this has to at least put fear in those who blatantly steal games for their own profit.[/QUOTE]

Private servers aren't always about trying to turn a profit and stealing. I have played on many pretbc servers, because Blizzard won't open a realm like that. I didn't like any content past vanilla and I thought flying mounts were a horrible idea that ruined world pvp. So there is no other way for me to play on the servers I enjoy without a private server.

bread's done
Back