Blockbuster 25% all used games

wolfhunt

CAGiversary!
Did a search and nothing came up so......

Was at Blockbuster tonight and all used video games are 25% off. This is a regular BB, no gamerush attached. Nothing caught my eye but I'm on game overload at the moment so I didn't look real close.

If this was already posted then lock and ignore :)

[quote name='wolfhunt']Did a search and nothing came up so......

Was at Blockbuster tonight and all used video games are 25% off. This is a regular BB, no gamerush attached. Nothing caught my eye but I'm on game overload at the moment so I didn't look real close.

If this was already posted then lock and ignore :)[/QUOTE]
Been going on for at least 3 months...I think it's a marketing ploy. Most blockbuster games are hacked to high hell scratch wise.

My blockbuster has been selling everything that is preowned at 50% off. I got some good movies from the sale. some games caught my eye like house of the dead III(xbox) but i didnt get them.

Some games at Blockbuster are junk, some are good. I'm guessing that's why they have a guarantee on them. I had a Tiger Woods Golf that was a POS that kept freezing, took it back and got a $5 copy of Project: Snowblind for XB that was practically brand new

Got Parasite Eve for $4.99 complete/light scratches. Been to over a dozen Blockbusters, that's it. Maybe someday I'll see the complete Disgaea I can get for 25% off... Sales been going on for a while and has been mentioned here many times. Some have "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" on preowned games instead of the 25% off.

[quote name='pop311']I got Paper Mario TTYD for $19 complete b/c of this[/QUOTE]

One of the blockbusters by me has a copy of it for roughly the same price after the discount...I'm debating whether to pick it up or not.

For that price, I recommend Paper Mario highly. I got it at EB at the beginning of the summer for $20. I'm actually only about halfway through, from the looks of things. Even so, I've already gotten a lot more than $20 of value out of it. In the first few minutes there's a contact lens bit. I won't spoil it, but it was hilarious. All of the dialogue is written very well.

Ugh... I might take a look, but I always try to avoid stepping into a Blockbuster store. In my opinion, Blockbuster wins the "be an unprofessional dick to your costumers" award; beating even Best Buy.

I picked up 7 X-box games:

MX vs. ATV Unleashed for $24
Project Snowblind for $5
Room Zoom for $5
Street Racing Syndacite for $8
Shadow Ops for $8
Top Gear RPM Tuning for $8
Freestyle Street Soccer for $1

All the games came with the original green case and instruction manuals.

The 2 BB's I went to had them (DS) for sale. They also had the hip gear battery recharger for the wavebird for .99 cents. That might be ymmv...but it doesn't hurt to check. I asked one guy ther about the sale and he said it's going to end on 1/16/06.

The BB near me had the 25% off I got Yoshi touch & go for $18. They told me they were doing away with the DS rentals because of the 360. So all of their DS games were on sale.

Blockbusters, by me at least, don't even check games for scratches when you trade them in. Over the course of the trade in 3, get one for 5 deal, I had to return 4 games because they simply wouldn't work in my system due to deep scratches. Every once and a while you'll find a game that was treated well, but especially with the refurbs, they're usually in pretty beat up condition.

[quote name='Psykodelik']The 2 BB's I went to had them (DS) for sale. They also had the hip gear battery recharger for the wavebird for .99 cents. That might be ymmv...but it doesn't hurt to check. I asked one guy ther about the sale and he said it's going to end on 1/16/06.[/QUOTE]

Beware those .99 cent Wavebird battery packs. I got 3 and not a one of them worked at all. Many other people in the Gamerush thread (where this sale has been discussed for weeks by the way and is stickied right at the top of the deal forum!) have had similar problems.

You will probably find better games (in better condition that is) at regular BB's that are NEAR Gamerush's. That is because people (like me) will trade in new games to get credit to use for Gamerush deals. The local BB near me is about half and half with used games in new mint condition and used games that are scratched to hell (either former rentals or bad trades that they accepted - though they DO always check the condtion when I trade in).

I would assume that at the end of this deal they will bring back either the Buy 2 Get 1 free or Buy 1 get 1 50% off. They had been alternating those deals all year until they came up with this relatively different one (25% off).

I used to work at blockbuster, the selection of pre-played games suck. Not to mention they are overpriced as is and very scratched.

Picked up Hot Shots Golf 1 for Playstation today for $5.24. Heard about it in some magazine's top 100 list. The minigolf feature that was only in the first sounded interesting. So I been going to dozens of Blockbusters for months since the sale started. I got Parasite Eve and Hot Shots Golf. Well I guess better than finding nothing.

Also the clerk was extra nice and even offered help and clearly explained everything. First clerk that was like that, wish they all were.

no 25% off at my blockbuster but was able to get Mario Power Tennis, NCAA Football 2005 for gamecube and The Guy Game for ps2 for $15 each.

I just picked up Super Mario 64 DS for 16.25 after tax. Pretty good deal if you ask me. The game was in excellent condition. Also saw Advance Wars: Dual Strike, and Castelvania for DS for around 22.00 pre tax.

Should I get a cart only copy of Zelda: The Minish Cap for $20? I'm trying to decide if I should wait for a price drop or pick it up before the sale ends at Gamerush.

Yeah it ends soon but i think they will probably start another deal. They have been switching between this one and buy 2 get 1 free for the past year i think.

bread's done
Back