Blockbuster 5 for $20 blu ray back 8/10-ongoing

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!
Got a email this morning to start 5 for $20 deal immediately. As usual any $9.99 title or less qualifies. There hasn't been a blu ray price drop since the last sale on the 4th of July.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sooooooooo broke rite now, wish they did the sale on labor day like everybody expect it to be. I guess I gotta pass by my store to see if they have anything I'm interested in.

I'm sooooooooo broke rite now, wish they did the sale on labor day like everybody expect it to be. I guess I gotta pass by my store to see if they have anything I'm interested in.

It is the labor day sale they just started it early.

Interesting. Can you post a copy of the e-mail?

Why will it change anything.

This is going on for a whole month? Awesome. Didn't get a chance to take advantage of the deal last time. Hopefully my BBV has some good blus.

Just pass by my store and the only notable title I saw that was 9.99 was The Town but its a rental copy. :( Most of the other titles at the store were the same lot from the last sale and didn't really see any price drops as well. Really wanted to get The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest.

Is there a list of eligible titles some where? I hope my stores will have this sale, they didn't do it the other times.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']There hasn't been a blu ray price drop since the last sale on the 4th of July.[/QUOTE]

No new drops, but each store could have had new conversions of already existing $10 or less titles, right?

There hasn't been a blu ray price drop since the last sale on the 4th of July.
No new drops, but each store could have had new conversions of already existing $10 or less titles, right?

Our store hasn't done any conversions. We have received a few blu rays from other stores but not many.

I saw the thread title and yelled aloud in my office "NNNNOOOOOOOOO!"
It's a good thing that I have already gotten most of everything that I wanted from the last sale though. Maybe we will see some good drops in the next couple weeks and then I can begrudgingly go and spend all my money again.

[quote name='leung19']Anyway you can check stock online???[/QUOTE]

Yes there is, go to the store and wait online and ask the employee to check the stock of certain titles for you.

Sorry I couldn't resist.:bouncy:

Got Year One, bruno, walk hard, zohan, and get him to the greek
I also threw in spartacus season one for 12 bucks and risen for xbox 360 for 10.
The lady at the register had trouble with the computer, so I walked away only paying 23 bucks for all this!
lol thx alot OP

[quote name='icyjones']Just headed out at lunch and nabbed: Hellboy, AvP Requiem, Inception, Devil, and Robin Hood. Grand total of $21.20.[/QUOTE]

Inception is $9.99? Wow.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Inception is $9.99? Wow.[/QUOTE]

Both Used and New at the store I went to after work. New comes with a DVD and Digital Copy. They had some other new ones marked down as well 9.99 like Salt.

Picked up in the 5 for $20

Despicable Me
Dinner for Schmucks
Date Night
The Greatest
Quantum of Solace
Inception
The American
Catfish
The Contract
Get Him to the Greek

Picked up Despicable Me, The Town, The American, 9, and The Road. A couple are rental copies, but it's so cheap, I couldn't pass it up. Already ordered some blu ray cases for them so they'll look good on my shelf.

For anyone who cares, the version of The Town they're selling is only the theatrical version, which is about 25 minutes shorter than the unrated/extended. I took mine back and exchanged it after finding out.

This sale must be YMMV or something, because i just got back from my nearest BBV, and they didn't have anything going on. Only 4 for $20 DVDs. bummer.

[quote name='AsherFischell']For anyone who cares, the version of The Town they're selling is only the theatrical version, which is about 25 minutes shorter than the unrated/extended. I took mine back and exchanged it after finding out.[/QUOTE]

Really? I tried exchanging a PRP copy of a movie for a PVP, and they said the only way i could exchange anything was if the disc didn't work.

[quote name='Smart Aleck']This sale must be YMMV or something, because i just got back from my nearest BBV, and they didn't have anything going on. Only 4 for $20 DVDs. bummer.

Really? I tried exchanging a PRP copy of a movie for a PVP, and they said the only way i could exchange anything was if the disc didn't work.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, the employee was nice, so that might've been it.

Also, some of the movies listed as above $9.99 just had their prices changed and the stickers haven't reflected that. None of the five movies I got had a $9.99 sticker on them, but they rang up as $9.99.

My haul for today:

Despicable Me
The Fighter
Funny People 2 Disc
The Haunting in Connecticut
Hereafter
Jumper
Legend of the Guardians
Percy Jackson & The Olympians
Punisher War Zone
Yes Man

[quote name='AsherFischell']For anyone who cares, the version of The Town they're selling is only the theatrical version, which is about 25 minutes shorter than the unrated/extended. I took mine back and exchanged it after finding out.[/QUOTE]

Oh that fucking sucks donkey balls. I want to return mine now.

My haul for today:

Troy
Brothers
Corpse Bride
Wolverine
The Town

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frosty The Batman']It's 9.99 and under right? My store still has Catfish at $16.99 and Toy Story 3 at $12.99. How are you guys getting them?[/QUOTE]

Have them price check them, some stores suck in updating the prices on the cases.

You guys are so damn lucky that your BBV had the deal up today. I was quite looking forward to a movie night tonight :cry:

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Got Year One, bruno, walk hard, zohan, and get him to the greek
I also threw in spartacus season one for 12 bucks and risen for xbox 360 for 10.
The lady at the register had trouble with the computer, so I walked away only paying 23 bucks for all this!
lol thx alot OP[/QUOTE]

Wait a second. Is Spartacus Season 1 (NEW) marked down to $12? Or did you buy them used individually adding up to $12 ?

Don't know if this is common knowledge or if anyone else knows, but the employee at my BBV told me that if I couldn't find enough blurays, I could mix and match with the 5 for 20 DVDs as well.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wait a second. Is Spartacus Season 1 (NEW) marked down to $12? Or did you buy them used individually adding up to $12 ?[/QUOTE]
No, I bought season one of spartacus used for 12 bucks
sorry for not clarifying

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']No, I bought season one of spartacus used for 12 bucks
sorry for not clarifying[/QUOTE]

No problem. Thanks for clearing it up. I appreciate it.

[quote name='doubledown']What animated moves are part of the sale? Looking to get some for the kids :) Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's really going to vary from store to store, but you'll generally find at least a few good animated flicks. I've been collecting them for my kid. This time I found:

Disney's A Christmas Carol
The Tales of Despereaux
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Despicable Me

What I've found previously:

Bolt
Sleeping Beauty
How to Train Your Dragon
Toy Story 3
Planet 51
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

[quote name='Tsel']Don't know if this is common knowledge or if anyone else knows, but the employee at my BBV told me that if I couldn't find enough blurays, I could mix and match with the 5 for 20 DVDs as well.[/QUOTE]

Mine said the same thing.

But I got:

Ninja Assassin
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Predators
Halloween 2
Moon :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I wass looking for childrens movies but my block buster only had....um...none

So i got:
Inception
Book of Eli
Sherlock Holmes
Pandorum
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

If anyone happens to find the following and is willing to trade/sell them to me, let me know:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Coraline
Hot Rod
Shutter Island
Watchmen

bread's done
Back