[Blockbuster] 50% games under $20 (YMMV?)

Paladinion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Blockbuster is doing a holiday promotion and selling games for 50% off that they sell pre-owned for $20 or less. Mine had a OK selection.

Games I saw:
Gears of War 3
Portal 2
Deus Ex: HR
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Darkness 2
Dragon Age Origins

And a whole bunch more, nothing real recent. For 20 bucks I got Gears 3 and F13 FF13-2.
Went to another blockbuster and they had the same rack there with similar games.

EDIT:
Also they are offering Black ops 2 for Wii U, PS3, and 360 for $49.99 NEW

[quote name='slidecage']how i understand it its no longer a part of the dish network ... dish sold it off cause the blockbuster stock i own just went under a new name (called up my broker and they said Dish no longer owns it)

our last BB here closed up 2 months back (hell they even took all of the machines away)[/QUOTE]

As of a few weeks ago the two were still tied together though to what extent I do not know. I had a issue with them shall we say that resulted in me calling the corporate HQ which resulted in Dish network picking up the phone and forwarding me to Block Buster.

Got Final Fantasy XIII-2 for $8.99, and it's in virtually new condition which shocked me.

Good selection of PS3/Wii games at the Buffalo Galleria store, for anyone around there. A guy in front of me had at least 10 games, should have asked if he posted here. ;)

Went to the S. Post Oak Location in Houston, 77096. There was a big bucket of games that said 50% off. Games included FFXIII-2, Sesame Street:OUM, Dust, Mass Effect 3 ($10), Quantum of Solace, Captain America and more.

Didn't pick anything up but I was sure someone would find something they wanted.

[quote name='Stink_Snake']Went to the S. Post Oak Location in Houston, 77096. There was a big bucket of games that said 50% off. Games included FFXIII-2, Sesame Street:OUM, Dust, Mass Effect 3 ($10), Quantum of Solace, Captain America and more.

Didn't pick anything up but I was sure someone would find something they wanted.[/QUOTE]

Dust?

Side note, I returned the $2.50 game I bought due to it not working...and they gave me back the $5. I showed them the receipt and everything, very odd.

[quote name='seanmcc']My store had ME3 and MW3 but were 29.99 or 34.99 on the sticker, were they just mispriced I wonder?

Grabbed shadows of the damned for ~$8.[/QUOTE]

Probably. They had one last copy of ME3 (360) for $7.50 after the 50% ($14.99 stickered) and I picked up Deus Ex too.

Grabbed- prices after 50% off

Blitz 2 ps3 $5
Sports champions $2
Fallout new Vegas Ps3 $6.50
Civilization revolution ps3 $5
Pokemon diamond nds $7.50

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Dust?

Side note, I returned the $2.50 game I bought due to it not working...and they gave me back the $5. I showed them the receipt and everything, very odd.[/QUOTE]
You should exploit their ineptitude. Earn $2.50 until they caught on.

Heads up guys. :360: me3 trades for $22 so you can buy it for $7.50 and trade it back in for $22. Even better deal than the cranium Bukkake deal for those of you that have been around a while

[quote name='hawaiiboy']Heads up guys. :360: me3 trades for $22 so you can buy it for $7.50 and trade it back in for $22. Even better deal than the cranium Bukkake deal for those of you that have been around a while[/QUOTE]

Where can you get $22?

[quote name='outkastx']Blockbuster.

Anyone have a master list of games on clearance?[/QUOTE]

When did they start trade ins and just me they won't let you pay 7.50 and give you 22.

They have always done trade ins and don't do it at the same time. Buy it in the morning and just take it back at night after the shift change and trade it in. You need to have an account to trade it in and the credit will just go to ur acct.

Me too and there was never a store that didn't do trade ins in my area. That was back when we have 12 stores in our area and now were down to 1. Lot of employees didn't know how to do it since they were so far and few between

Still find it hard their selling ME3 for $15 regular and will give $22 in credit. I'd be happy to get months worth of the combo pass for 16.

Hawaiiboy, can you use trade in credit towards PSN cards? I think the answer is no, but I wanted to make sure.

Wow. Might have to pick up and trade in a couple copies of ME3. Then hopefully they have the Wii-U version of Black Ops 2 on sale for $49.99 like said in the OP. I'll probably go early tomorrow and see if they let me just buy them and trade them in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jj5206']Wow. Might have to pick up and trade in a couple copies of ME3. Then hopefully they have the Wii-U version of Black Ops 2 on sale for $49.99 like said in the OP. I'll probably go early tomorrow and see if they let me just buy them and trade them in.[/QUOTE]

I added that little bit because I actually purchased the Wii U version at Blockbuster for $49.99. There's a code they have to scan inside a promotions binder just like with this 50% off games promo. Only works on new versions of course.

I just got back from a BBV I normally don't go to and they had a lot more games than my local store.

Grabbed :ps3: Alice Madness $14.99 ($7.49) :360: Dante's Inferno $9.99 ($4.99) and :ps3: Prototype $14.99 ($7.49)

When I got home and checked the cases, the CSR grabbed Prototype 2 instead of the original. Needless to say, I was happy :)

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Still find it hard their selling ME3 for $15 regular and will give $22 in credit. I'd be happy to get months worth of the combo pass for 16.[/QUOTE]That does seem weird because they normally give 40% of the sale price as a trade value. They have been known to have crazy trade values (kinect adventures).

I know we're joking here but from what people are reporting there is very little of any value here, especially since you're going to get a sun drenched case and a destroyed game.

[quote name='mcthatch']I know we're joking here but from what people are reporting there is very little of any value here, especially since you're going to get a sun drenched case and a destroyed game.[/QUOTE]When they were running the 3 for 15 promo last year, nearly every disk I got was prestine.

I have a bunch of dummies working around here, picked up 3-4 games to buy for 50% off, they told me there was no such promotion going on, she did pick up the phone and call another blockbuster and they told her that there was a sale on games on black friday. So do the games just scan at 50% off or do they need to scan a barcode to get the price adjustment? She scanned a game for me and it came up full price.. thx

[quote name='wusspuck']I have a bunch of dummies working around here, picked up 3-4 games to buy for 50% off, they told me there was no such promotion going on, she did pick up the phone and call another blockbuster and they told her that there was a sale on games on black friday. So do the games just scan at 50% off or do they need to scan a barcode to get the price adjustment? She scanned a game for me and it came up full price.. thx[/QUOTE]

There is a barcode they need to scan.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I use to work there and we never did trade ins.[/QUOTE]

im pretty sure it was just the stores that had a game rush or whatever they were called, basically it was suppose to be a gamestop like store run by blockbuster inside the blockbuster stores.

[quote name='ritchardf']im pretty sure it was just the stores that had a game rush or whatever they were called, basically it was suppose to be a gamestop like store run by blockbuster inside the blockbuster stores.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It was (and is!) nearly every Blockbuster. The problem is always that employees hardly ever do them and many don't know how to.

Yeah they never spread the Game Rush stores to the East Coast but we all did trade ins.

I worked at BBV in 2008-2009. I traded in boat loads of games. This is back when Circuit City was still around. I remember one epic flip being Beowulf. They were like $4 new at CC and traded for near $20 at BBV.

Sadly just like CC, BBV memories are coming to an end. I miss the days, and just a few years ago, when we had 20+ BBV in our area. Drive around during the b1g1 and go nuts.

bread's done
Back