Blockbuster 50% Off Games & Accessories B&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

djak1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I'm surprised that this hasn't hit CAG yet (or I missed it via search :lol:), but starting today 3.14, Blockbuster marked down NEW GAMES ONLY 50%, as well as accessories.

The 50% will not show when the game is scanned - only after the CSR presses total. Out of 3 stores I went to, 2 had like 5 games, 1 had 3, and the other had an entire case full of markdowns. At all three stores, the titles that were a part of the sale either had a "green dot" sticker, or a "50% Off" sticker.

I made a list of what I saw, with prices (after discount) where available:

If anyone can find a SEALED Mario Party 5 or 6, I have a DK JungleBeat (sealed) for trade. :D

XBOX

Sudeki
Big Mutha Truckers
Freedom Fighters
Bloodrayne 2
Advent Rising
Madden NFL 2004, 2005
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow $10
Max Payne 2 $8.50
Soul Calibur II
Driver 3
Evil Dead: Regeneration
NBA Street V2
Tiger Woods '04: $5
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King $9.50
Van Helsing: $7.50
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
Simpsons: Road Rage
Need for Speed Underground
Guilty Gear
Tom Clancy Triple Pack
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
007: Agent Under Fire
BackYard Wrestling: Dont Try This At Home $5
Full Spectrum Warrior
SSX Tricky $8.50
Pariah $10
Psi-Ops: $10
The Suffering: $10

GameCube

Looney Tunes: Back in Action $8.50
LOTR : Two Towers $ $7.50
Viewtiful Joe 2 $7.50
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

PS2

Freedom Fighters
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Full Spectrum Warrior
XIII $5
Metal Gear Solid 3
The Punisher
SRS
Xenosaga $10
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain
Max Payne 2
Leisure Suit Larry
The Suffering
Tomb Raider
Mojo

GBA
Metroid: Zero Mission

Nintendo DS

ZooKeeper
Feel the Magic

Kind of a repost, it's in the GR thread... but were these regular Blockbuster stores? Not that any Blockbusters around me carry new games, but would still be a new tidbit.

[quote name='botticus']Kind of a repost, it's in the GR thread... but were these regular Blockbuster stores? Not that any Blockbusters around me carry new games, but would still be a new tidbit.[/QUOTE]

Yep - regular BlockBuster stores. In fact, the stores I hit didn't have a GameRush attached.

According to the manager at one, this is a national sale, but YMMV as always :)

is this every blockbuster that sells new games? Mine has most of the more popular games that have come out the last 6 months new, but i havent seen any signs for the 50% off sale.

[quote name='djak1']

XBOX

Sudeki
Bloodrayne 2
Advent Rising
Max Payne 2 $8.50
Tom Clancy Triple Pack
Full Spectrum Warrior
Psi-Ops: $10

GameCube

Mario Party 6

PS2

Xenosaga $10
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

GBA
Metroid: Zero Mission
[/quote]

Thoes are some solid prices, are you sure this isnt YMMV?

Prices should be the same throughout the chain, but availability of the games will vary per store. There's a list in the Game Rush thread, but it's not 100% complete.

[quote name='abhinav']Thoes are some solid prices, are you sure this isnt YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Well like I said above, the mgr. said it was a national sale. There is a really tiny thread on FW that mentions it - OP is in Illinois.

[quote name='abhinav']Thoes are some solid prices, are you sure this isnt YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Should be nationwide, my BB has generally matched some of the Gamerush deals (B2G1, Buy1Get1 50% off) and even some of the trade-in offers. There have been a couple of exceptions, so its slight YMMV.

You guys need to look at the stickied GameRush thread for the rest of the list and more details. It's not YMMV...prices are national and will ring up in the computer after the transaction it totaled (but not on a price check). Ignore the prices marked on the games, as GR employees rarely update price stickers.

[quote name='Rictor']You guys need to look at the stickied GameRush thread for the rest of the list and more details. It's not YMMV...prices are national and will ring up in the computer after the transaction it totaled (but not on a price check). Ignore the prices marked on the games, as GR employees rarely update price stickers.[/QUOTE]

fuck Never thought to look there as I don't have any GR's around me - Probably missed out on picking up some things since that thread was started about 3 weeks ago. Oh well :bomb:

[quote name='djak1']fuck Never thought to look there as I don't have any GR's around me - Probably missed out on picking up some things since that thread was started about 3 weeks ago. Oh well :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Ha, don't worry. This sale just started today.

[quote name='djak1']fuck Never thought to look there as I don't have any GR's around me - Probably missed out on picking up some things since that thread was started about 3 weeks ago. Oh well :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Never fear, this deal is brand new. GR was pretty bland for the past few weeks, so hopefully this one ends up being solid.

[quote name='botticus']Ha, don't worry. This sale just started today.[/quote]

[quote name='chargeup45']Never fear, this deal is brand new. GR was pretty bland for the past few weeks, so hopefully this one ends up being solid.[/QUOTE]

True - I'm happy with what I was able to pick up, considering I haven't stepped foot in a BlockBuster in years - Hollywood Video has my rental business :lol:

Gonna lock this one up so that we don't have to deal with two threads with people posting prices. I'll reflect that the sale is also at regular BB in the GR thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back