Blockbuster Boxing day flyer

novascotian

CAG Veteran
Did not see this posted yet:
here is the path (I can't post links yet)
blockbuster.ca/images/main/Boxing_Week_Flyer_EN.pdf

Looks like buy 2 get 1 free on pre-played games 9.99 and up.

I would do the Buying 2 get 1 free if pre-played Alan Wake was 14.99.

Atleast everywhere has Alan Wake on sale so there will be no problem finding a copy.

Wow, the Blockbuster in Ogden, Calgary was BRUTAL. No Alan Wake, no new game sales put out, They had the buy 2 get one free on used games but the used game prices were jacked up. Blockbuster is useless on boxing day. Avoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rmatheso']Wow, the Blockbuster in Ogden, Calgary was BRUTAL. No Alan Wake, no new game sales put out, They had the buy 2 get one free on used games but the used game prices were jacked up. Blockbuster is useless on boxing day. Avoid.[/QUOTE]

Damn, and I was just about to walk down the hill from Lynnwood to check it out... thanks for the heads up on their BS. =S

What is blockbuster doing? I drove across the street and took advantage of roger's buy one get TWO free sale.

well lets see, one company is having a normal boxing day sale, the other is having clearances for store closings...

[quote name='Pajo']well lets see, one company is having a normal boxing day sale, the other is having clearances for store closings...[/QUOTE]

Considering the state of the business these companies are in, remind me which one is which again?

Rogers is closing piles of stores. Haven't you noticed? The 3 Rogers' I used to pop into all closed up over the last couple of months (I haven't even gone to the current sales due to not knowing where they are now). In the USA Blockbuster has filed for bankruptcy and is closing up stores, but that isn't happening in Canada.

[quote name='ragnar14']Rogers is closing piles of stores. Haven't you noticed? The 3 Rogers' I used to pop into all closed up over the last couple of months (I haven't even gone to the current sales due to not knowing where they are now). In the USA Blockbuster has filed for bankruptcy and is closing up stores, but that isn't happening in Canada.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have put /sarcasm at the end of my post.
I realize everything that's happening, but realistically neither company is doing that well in the rental business. Simply put, video rental stores are doing poorly period. Just because Blockbuster Canada hasn't declared bankruptcy doesn't mean it won't happen very soon (I estimate 12-18 months, unless they change their business model drastically).
Let's face it, between the two companies which one would you say has a more diverse range of services and products? If Rogers dropped out of the video store business, they have plenty of eggs in other baskets...

Enjoy getting deals now while they last. Video stores are going the way of the 8-track, full-service gas station and shoe shine boy.

bread's done
Back