Blockbuster buy 1 get 1 50% off preplayed games!

Engineer_J

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just got this in an email....

Everyday Savings. Buy 1 Game Get 1 50% Off
Buy one (1) BLOCKBUSTER® Previously Played Game at regular price and get one (1) BLOCKBUSTER Previously Played Game of equal or lesser value for 50% off the regular price! Offer valid on titles and formats labeled as previously played games for a limited time at participating BLOCKBUSTER® stores while supplies last. Price and selection may vary by location and quantities are limited. Not all Previously Played Game titles available at all locations. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 previously played games per customer per day.

Quality Guarantee
If the quality of your Previously Played Game isn't satisfactory, just return it with your receipt within 30 days to exchange it or get a full refund. Merchandise returned for quality reasons must be in its original packaging and must be accompanied by your original receipt from the BLOCKBUSTER® store where it was purchased. Exchange limited to the same previously played game.

Guaranteed in Stock
Guaranteed in Stock refers to rental product only. If a Guaranteed Game is out, get a free game rental rain check for that title. Limit one (1) free rental rain check issued/redeemed per member per day. Membership rules apply. Not valid in combination with any other offer or discount. Recipient responsible for applicable taxes and extended viewing fees. Valid at participating stores only. Franchisees may or may not participate. Other restrictions apply. See free rental rain check for details. Not all games are guaranteed.

Membership rules apply for rental. All dates subject to change. Games available for rent/sale at participating stores. Price, availability and selection may vary.

i'm going to ask some questions here, even though you probably can't answer them, since it seems as though you copied the post straight from your email.

1 - when does/did this begin?

2 - when does this end?

3 - does this apply to used dvds as well?

if anyone may be able to answer these i'd appreciate it.

[quote name='"thatstoobad"']
3 - does this apply to used dvds as well?

Read the fine print. "Offer not valid on previously rented movies...". So, no, negative on the DVDs. :(

Are the used copies generally in good condition? Whenever I go in there, the used games have a different plastic cover type stuff. Not the shiny plastic over the front, but like a dull rough cover. Are those just their display covers, or are those the covers of the actual games you take home?

Sorry, I just really like my games to look really nice if you can understand that! :)

[quote name='Specter']Are the used copies generally in good condition? Whenever I go in there, the used games have a different plastic cover type stuff. Not the shiny plastic over the front, but like a dull rough cover. Are those just their display covers, or are those the covers of the actual games you take home?

Sorry, I just really like my games to look really nice if you can understand that! :)[/quote]

At my blockbuster, those are the cases they give you wiht the game. Often the manual doesnt fit properly and there isnt a memory card slot. Most blockbusters will sell you the real cases fairly cheaply though. Most of the discs are in really crappy condition but they have a 30 day return policy, or something like that.

Thanks I was looking for that date, looked stupid before going in early, I have never had to return any blockbuster used game I have bought, and that is a lot, just look at them before you buy, most look great, only a few have deep cuts, maybe I'm lucky in the area I live in.

[quote name='gamefreak117']so if I can add the math correctly,
this is better than Buy 2 get 1 Free :)[/quote]

No. This is 25% off each game. Buy-2-get-1-free is 33% off each game. Of course, with this deal, you only have to buy 2 games instead of 3.

No. I'm fairly certain that it's 50% off the cheaper game, not 25% off each (unless you're technically buying two games of the same price). So, in other words, you can buy a $40 game and a $5 game, and only receive $2.50 off the total purchase price.

It's a great deal, though, since you only need to buy two games, and I can never find a third game I want. Oddly enough, all the Blockbusters in my area have discs in really good condition. In fact, I almost never can find a scratch on them. The problem is that they put those stupid barcode stickers on the surface of the disc, and I can't figure out a way to remove them. Sometimes it causes the disc to wobble and read incorrectly and I have to scracth off as much as possible to get it to run smoothly. They're also very good with their return policy on them. Mine have repeatedly told me that 30 days is just a general rule, and that if I want to exchange it they don't care how far out it is from the purchase date.

[quote name='Repairman Jack']No. I'm fairly certain that it's 50% off the cheaper game, not 25% off each (unless you're technically buying two games of the same price). So, in other words, you can buy a $40 game and a $5 game, and only receive $2.50 off the total purchase price.[/quote]

Right, I know. I was talking about a best-case scenario, where you maximize your savings by buying two equally priced games.

They had a bunch of PS2 games at my Blockbuster for $9.99 including Madden '04, THUg, Simpsons Hit & Run, and various others. The only reason I could see for the low price was that they didn't have the cover art, but I managed to get the manuals for all of them. At buy 1 get one 50% off, it was a steal!

[quote name='encendido5']They had a bunch of PS2 games at my Blockbuster for $9.99 including Madden '04, THUg, Simpsons Hit & Run, and various others. The only reason I could see for the low price was that they didn't have the cover art, but I managed to get the manuals for all of them. At buy 1 get one 50% off, it was a steal![/quote]

Damn! That is a great deal!

The best I was able to do was Shinobi and Max Payne 2 for PS2 for a total of $24.xx after tax. Not bad though...

My Blockbuster had GameCube games in really good condition, I got NFL 2k3 and the case sucked, but the game worked without a hitch. So, chances are since the GC games get next to no rentals if you want a game for the GC you'll get a good quality used game.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Damn! That is a great deal! [/quote]

Too bad it wasn't for me though. I don't have a PS2 so I agreed to get them for a friend of mine. Maybe I should keep them in case I get a PS2 eventually. He'd be so mad though, hehe.

[quote name='encendido5'][quote name='chickenhawk']Damn! That is a great deal! [/quote]

Too bad it wasn't for me though. I don't have a PS2 so I agreed to get them for a friend of mine. Maybe I should keep them in case I get a PS2 eventually. He'd be so mad though, hehe.[/quote]

Too bad indeed. Your friend is lucky.

I've seen Max Payne 2 for $13 (xbox). . . but to find a companion . . .

Ape Escape 2 for $13??? Rogue Squandron 3 for $15???

Buying a second crappy game inorder to save money just dosen't work for me.

Crazy Taxi 3 . . . that was a find . . . my BB has shit . . .

I have Jak II, Max Payne 2, THUG, and True Crime at my blockbuster 20 each in good shape (although true crime didn't have instructions). All are PS2 and 20 each (so 30 for 2). If anyone wants em, let me know and i'll pick em up. Think they had Mega Man X7 and Ape Escape 2...can't remember the others.

Came back from my local Blockbuster and they said that there was no such sale going on. Oh well, at least I picked up Conflict Desert Storm 2 for $20, even though the price tag on the box said $30. :D

I think i might have got the best deal of all
I went in to one of my loca BB's and picked up Max Payne 2 (Xbox)
Tomb Raider AOD (PS2)
Mega Man Legends (PS1)
and Ready 2 Rumble Boxing (PS1)
for a total of 17.40

I figured out how when I got home...
When I first went to pay for the games, the toal rang up around 29 bucks,
sensing something wrong I inquired them about the deal, which they hadnt rang into the computer. I kept the 2 PS1 games together since they were regularly 3 bucks each, the other 2 i kep separate and told the cashier ring do these as separate groups... but instead of doing that he rang up the 3 dollar PS1 games as regular price, while taking half off the Max Payne 2 and Tomb Raider...

Thanks for the heads up on the buy one, get one 50% off deal. I nabbed Street Fighter Alpha 3 & Asteroids for the PS1 for a grand total of $4.50. Then headed to the next BB and got Spongebob (for my wife, I swear!) and Midnight Club 2 for $15 total. One more trip and Harry Potter Quidditch Cup (again, for the Mrs.) and Wario Ware (GC) were mine for the low price of $30 total. I'll take that.

Thanks again!

RD

[quote name='encendido5']They had a bunch of PS2 games at my Blockbuster for $9.99 including Madden '04, THUg, Simpsons Hit & Run, and various others. The only reason I could see for the low price was that they didn't have the cover art, but I managed to get the manuals for all of them. At buy 1 get one 50% off, it was a steal![/quote]

I MANAGED THE SAME DEAL AT MY BB yesterday... I picked up copies of the NEW James Bond and Sonic Heroes for the PS2 (I kindly asked the cashier if he could get me the manuals... it was no problem to get them)... if anyone here picks up a similar Simpsons hit and Run like this (with Manual)... Id be glad to trade for one of mine I just picked up :p

I don't know how many are complete, but several of the BBs around me have a pretty decent selection of PS1 stuff. In fact, I think they are closing out their PS1 sections altogether, so this will probably be the last chance to score some deals for stuff like that there.

RD

I got MegaMan Legends(PS1) and Ridge Racer with instructions for $4.50. They had a ton of other games which I'll go back for. The crappy part is that they don't have any covers.

For those that are looking at some of the newer releases and you happen to live near a BB with a GameRush, they're running this deal where you can trade in any 2 ps1, ps2, xbox, gcn, and/or gba games and you can get any used game they have in stock for a mere $9.99 (minus the trade-in credit)... My brother in law traded in 4 old ps2 games and managed to pick up Socom 2 and Prince of Persia for $.81 each. Not too shabby... :shock:

If you're looking for the cheap $9.99 games in Denver, save yourself some time and head to the store on 80th and Wadsworth. They have a whole rack full of them - mostly older games though. The manager said that none of the other Blockbusters will deal with the cheap games - so they get all of them. They did have a few soul caliburs with no cover for that price.

Got Dino Crisis 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3 for $4.75 total after tax ($2.99 each normally).

The cashier had no idea what to do though. First he wanted my blockbuster card because he thought they were rental games. Then he doesn't take off the 50% discount off and I have to tell him that they are used games (he thought they were new!). Right on the case it says "Previously played"

this deal is going on at 2 blockbusters near me. I bought only WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain for 32.99. Some other stuff I remember seeing, just in case anyone is interested what this sale might include. Oh and if the disc is so scratched it won't play, or is more scratched then you would like it, just bring the receipt and ask for a less scratched copy. One of the employees, went through 6 different copies of the WWE game to get me a copy that wasn't so badly scratched.

WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain (32.99)
Rainbow Six 3 (39.99)
Madden 04 (no box/booklet, 9.99)
Gaunlet Legends, Dark Legacy (9.99 no booklet/box)
True Crime (24.99)
Legacy Of Kain: Defiance (16.99)
Chaos Legion (19.99)

there was a whole lot of others, again YMMV. just giving everyone the heads up.

bread's done
Back