Blockbuster buy 2 previously viewed games get 1 free starts today

gaggil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Stopped by Blockbuster last night and was told by the manager if I was buying any used games to wait until today because they would be starting the buy2 get 1 free promotion again.

I found Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy both for $16.99 each for the XBOX.

Nothing else stood out but the manager said they would be stocking a lot more games for the sale.

cool man, i wish it was two weeks ago, I'm too in to buying SC 2 and NG for the xbox right now to get in this deal.

Knowing my Blockbuster all they will probably have is a million copies of "Enter The Matrix" and single discs of the Xbox GTA set for $30 each.

[quote name='gaggil']Stopped by Blockbuster last night and was told by the manager if I was buying any used games to wait until today because they would be starting the buy2 get 1 free promotion again.

Nothing else stood out but the manager said they would be stocking a lot more games for the sale.[/quote]

if I get Jedi Academyy for that price it will be time to invest in a new Starter kit

Hey, called the 4 Blockbusters around me. One said that this promotion was only for movies, 1 said that they were unaware of this promotion, 1 said that their current promotion is 2 DVD's for $20, and the last Blockbuster said that the 2 for $20 promotion had been extended until March 9th, and the buy 2 get 1 free will be the next promotion. Also the last store said the deal would be good for previously viewed video games. These stores were Located in El Cerrito, San Pablo and Pinole California.

[quote name='leavemealone']Hey, called the 4 Blockbusters around me. One said that this promotion was only for movies, 1 said that they were unaware of this promotion, 1 said that their current promotion is 2 DVD's for $20, and the last Blockbuster said that the 2 for $20 promotion had been extended until March 9th, and the buy 2 get 1 free will be the next promotion. Also the last store said the deal would be good for previously viewed video games. These stores were Located in El Cerrito, San Pablo and Pinole California.[/quote]

As with all new promotions at retailers some managers are on the ball and some arent. If this promotion is indeed going to be starting again this soon (it seems it just ended last december or so, and I thought they went every 6 months not every 3...) Then give it a few days and retry. Within the week most should show the promotion if it indeed is valid.

I went to Blockbuster today and got the Deer-In-Headlights response from both people working there as well.

"Huh? No, we probably won't do that again until..."

Now bear in mind that this is the same lazy Blockbuster that told me one of their other deals over Christmas was over 2 weeks before it actually ended because they were too lazy to ring it up, but in light of everybody else's findings we seem to be seeing a pattern...

Went to three Blockbusters at lunch, two had this deal going, the other I didn't ask but they didn't have any signs saying buy 2 get 1 like the other two. The one that didn't (not sure if this had anything to do with it) had the worst selection of games for sale. I was looking for the Star Wars games that the original poster said were at the store he went to, but didn't see Outcast or Academy at any of them. The prices of the games were NOT very impressive. Some where actually funny like Madden 04 PS2 for $43, WTF?

My advice: it's worth checking out if you have three older games that you're interested in getting. If you're looking for newer games (released in the last year) they will be overpriced (ie True Crime for $40, Tiger Woods 2004 $40).

One decent price was Max Payne 2 (xbox & ps2) $20, lots of copies.

My local bb have had this deal for awhile, however paying for 2 rental used games at high prices despite the savings with 1 free didnt seem better than what I pay for the game on ebay or ebgames. Always worth it if you can get something like Skies of Arcadia

Does this sale apply to Gamerush locations as well, or just the typical Blockbuster? The Gamerush store near me didn't carry the last 2 for 1 sale.

It looks like my $25 gift card there will be very handy in a little bit.

For those of you without previous experiences at Blockbuster, you're likely to find some discs that are pretty scratched up. Blockbuster is usually nice about letting you pick the best quality disc, so don't feel hesitant to grab several copies of a game in order to pick out the disc that's in the best shape.

[quote name='little_krampy']I was looking for the Star Wars games that the original poster said were at the store he went to, but didn't see Outcast or Academy at any of them. The prices of the games were NOT very impressive. Some where actually funny like Madden 04 PS2 for $43, WTF?
One decent price was Max Payne 2 (xbox & ps2) $20, lots of copies.[/quote]

Same deal at my local BB, prices were ludicrous. $45 for a used Medal of honor Rising Sun? $40 for True Crime, Simpsons Hit & Run etc. They'd also split the GTA double pack up and were selling the 2 GTA games for $30 each! What a ripoff. Max Payne 2 was $30 at my store, which is a lame deal, you can find used copies on ebay for as low as $15 if you're patient and hunt around.
This was frustrating, as I got a GREAT deal when they did the same buy 2 get 1 free offer in December, for $40 & tax I got Rebel Strike, Conflict desert storm 2 and KOTOR. Good times!

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Knowing my Blockbuster all they will probably have is a million copies of "Enter The Matrix" and single discs of the Xbox GTA set for $30 each.[/quote]

Priceless.

CTL

Just FYI, if your local Blockbuster has a "GAME RUSH" store, then this deal probably doesn't exist. I think it's called game-rush, or game-high, or game-fix. Something theat must have taken hours to think of by committee. Anyway, they've never run the standard Blockbuster deals in my area in Michigan.

I came back from my local BB and it only worked for movies, not games. The game selection was crap too, mostly Aggressive Inline and Hot Shots Golf 3. Oh well, at least I was able to pick up Aliens Collector's Edition dvd. I've been searching for it for a while and finally found it today.

BTW, this was in San Jose, CA

And they're doing the 2 for 20 DVD, 2 for 10 VHS deal again too...a great way to catch up on some recent films. Picked up the Hulk and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for 20...gonna go back for Once Upon a Time In Mexico and who knows what else later.

at one of my local blockbusters, i ask him if they had the 2 for 1 sale going on....and he hasn't heard anything about it. It's hard to believe because the one 10 mi up the road had the sale going on. :evil:

tell them to call the other blockbuster and maybe they will get clued in about it.

This deal doesnt seem to great either.

High price games Very Used but u buy 2 u get 1 "free" .
sounds like a rip off unless u find suikoden 1,2 for ps1 for 9.99

This is like the crappy kbtoy "Sale" where crap is "cheaper then there usual high prices"

And old crap games for ps1/ps2 are 12-19.99 (instead of 9.99 at all othr stores)

Hey everyone, I used to work for a Blockbuster, you may find differences in the promotions because some are individual franchise owned and some are corporate owned. The corporate one's should be abiding by the promotion on the site, but those individual franchises may have the right to run their own promotions and so may not actually go by what the web site says. Just FYI

I think I Got a pretty good deal. Star Wars KOTOR, Panzer Dragoon Orta and NBA STreet 2 for 47.77 with taxes and all.

My Local Blockbuster (Bay City, MI) has the game deal going on. There are some games that caught my eye and might go back tomorrow to pick them up. :) Also, how long does this promotion last?

my local blockbuster ran a two for one used deal a couple months ago. they never advertised it to my knowledge...unless i was there on like the first day. i picked up two used ones and that cashier told me it was buy two get one free. i guess blockbusters aren't really good at the whole discount game. oh well i check in every now and again and they have used manhunts selling for 40 bucks... :shock:

[quote name='GiantPacu']my local blockbuster ran a two for one used deal a couple months ago. they never advertised it to my knowledge...unless i was there on like the first day. i picked up two used ones and that cashier told me it was buy two get one free. i guess blockbusters aren't really good at the whole discount game. oh well i check in every now and again and they have used manhunts selling for 40 bucks... :shock:[/quote]

My local Blockbuster has used Manhunts for $30. :shock:

I saw this deal back in December but around my are of North Jersey. All the games came with no instructions. Is anyone seeing this problem too?

[quote name='rrunner05']I saw this deal back in December but around my are of North Jersey. All the games came with no instructions. Is anyone seeing this problem too?[/quote]

Well in the past, I have asked them if I can have the manuals and have gotten them. Once or twice they didn't have the manual. Usually they keep the manuals in the game cases on the rental shelves. You can open them yourself to see if they are there, and I'm sure if you take the manuals up to the counter with the games you want to buy, they won't refuse. Or maybe they will if they're weird about it...!
Oh and to answer another question, I don't know if this is just my BB that I buy used games from, but I haven't had stickers on the actual discs, usually there is a sticker on the back of the game case though, but it's easy to peel off (not one of those horrible stickers that leaves sticky crap behind!)

[quote name='gaggil']Stopped by Blockbuster last night and was told by the manager if I was buying any used games to wait until today because they would be starting the buy2 get 1 free promotion again.

Nothing else stood out but the manager said they would be stocking a lot more games for the sale.[/quote] i need academy

my local blockbuster had a managers special where every game was $19.99 or lower. So if there was a $29.99 games it would automatically be $19.99. Any game already lower then $19.99 would be the same price. I talked to one of the workers and he said its only certain blockbusters that have this deal, so YMMV.

this was in southern california

here were some of the games that they had
-sw rebel strike III gc
-max payne 2 ps2 only
-choas legion
-tony hawk underground
-WWE smackdown hctp
-goblin commander xb
-true crime streets of LA xb and ps2
-kirbys air ride gc
-mario golf gc
-animal crossing gc
-rainbow six 3 xb
-jak 2

WOW!, last time I got some great deals, but this time everything was really expensive and not much selection. only decent deal was Guily Gear X2 for $19.99

[quote name='bowsernieb']And they're doing the 2 for 20 DVD, 2 for 10 VHS deal again too...a great way to catch up on some recent films. Picked up the Hulk and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for 20...gonna go back for Once Upon a Time In Mexico and who knows what else later.[/quote]

I just got Star Wars: Episode II (full screen, but I wasn't the one paying for it) and Pirates of the Caribbean. :D

bread's done
Back