Blockbuster CANADA - 50% off all NEW games $29.99 and under

The only thing worth getting that I saw at that location was Brain Age. So you can get it new for $15 plus tax. But BestBuy has it for $19 so the savings aren't that significant

This is an EXCELLENT deal for those looking for some older games. I know my BBV has quite a few new games that are 10-15 bucks at mine.
Its time to hunt down every single DVD in my house and trade them in for 5 dollar credit!

Are these used??? Or by NEW do you mean actually NEW? I never see NEW NEW games in Blockbuster lol

There are some new games at Blockbuster but not much really.. The location I went to (near Metrotown) has only one good game that's eligible. Super Monkey Ball 2 I think it was for $24.99/2 = $12.50.

[quote name='Spades22']Are these used??? Or by NEW do you mean actually NEW? I never see NEW NEW games in Blockbuster lol[/quote]
Really? The ones in our area have tons! Last time they did this, I got:

NFL Head Coach
Paper Mario 2
Kameo: Elements of Power
Project Gotham Racing 3

Man I'm gunna check this out then...this IS across Canada right? There's a few games I'd like to pick up...including Kameo, GRAW, Metroid Prime, Baten Kaitos, etc...

I noticed this a few days ago. I was thinking about doing this for UGnG for PSP (since it dropped in price recently I think, FS has it for 25) but then found out BBV doesn't even carry the game at all (well the guy said Ghosts and Goblins but close enough). Though at another BBV I saw Godhand was 20 bucks. I need to hit that one whenever I can while this is still going on.

Today I got King Kong (360) for 10 bucks!
Will be going back to my local Blockbuster, hopefully they have BigBrainAcademy there (they did last time, it hasn't been sold)

Just thought I would mention that this deal has been extended until April. And as the woman at the store pointed out, this means that when more games drop in price they will be eligible for this deal.

I beleive the "buy one half on the second one" deal is on but only in select locations. One of the stores near me says it is finished and the other one still supports it so defintely YMMV.

I love Blockbuster.
From the sale:
Tomb Raider Legends

From Used Land (hopefully the ONLY used games I buy):
They still have buy 1 Get one Half Off going on!
Destroy All Humans 2 (9.99-BEFORE 50% OFF)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (19.99)
Total for ALL: 45 DOLLARS

Ya I was gonna mention that the buy 1 get one 50% off deal is back on (just started today) for previously played games. Apparantly they have this deal almost all the time and only take short breaks from it every once in a while.

From both deals I got:

PP
Timesplitters 2 - $9.99
Viewtiful Joe - $4.99

GTA Vice City (Like new, didn't know this was possible at a video place) - $9.99
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $2.49

New
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $9.99
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - $9.99

These were all for ps2. I really love blockbuster, great deals and the staff are all really friendly and helpful (one employee went out of her way to find me POP: SoT).
I'm just hoping a copy of Twisted Metal Black shows up as well as a copy of Shadow Hearts: Covenant (but I think thats stretching it a bit). All in all I'm very happy.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']is 50 % off games 29.99 and under still on?[/quote]

This should answer your question.
[quote name='imcrazy']Just thought I would mention that this deal has been extended until April.[/quote]

And last I check, their big blue poster is still up and they're still doing it. I managed to snag UGnG from another BB(10 bux ftw!) as well as Godhand (also 10).

And tip, if your BB doesn't have much but seems to be a rather big store, ask to do a computer search or ask to check if they have something hidden somewhere. That's how I got those two games. ;)

[quote name='Firestorm']Do all Blockbusters sell new and used games or only the locations that accept game trade-ins?[/quote]

I am pretty sure all locations sell used and some new games. My town has a by law that makes trade in illeagal so they outsource to other stores to get previoiusly played games. Every blockbuster I have vistited usually has a few new games kicking around somewhere.

I saw Timesplitters: Future Perfect new for $10 using the 50% off deal. Unfortunately I needed those 10 dollars to last me for my lunch for the week.

I'm guessing that 50% off select new games (like dead rising) deal is US only? We always get screwed on the great deals. :(

[quote name='Caro']I'm guessing that 50% off select new games (like dead rising) deal is US only? We always get screwed on the great deals. :([/quote]
Yes. And stop complaining. Nobody wants to hear "US is ALWAYS BETTER ZOMGS" complaints. Unless your out of it, we've been getting fantastic deals lately.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Yes. And stop complaining. Nobody wants to hear "US is ALWAYS BETTER ZOMGS" complaints. Unless your out of it, we've been getting fantastic deals lately.[/quote]

... calm down

went to my blockbuster...all they had was junk for both deals lol. Was like maybe 10 games and 50 of each xD

went to the blockbuster on burnhamthorpe and westmall (in etobicoke) and they have junk also. was pretty disappointed.

Does anyone know if the 15% off all gaming accessories sale is on? I need a Microsoft Points card. Worms is coming out for Xbox Live Arcade next week =)

i called a couple days ago, they said it was over. but they could be clueless.

i needed points for worms too

[quote name='Firestorm']Does anyone know if the 15% off all gaming accessories sale is on? I need a Microsoft Points card. Worms is coming out for Xbox Live Arcade next week =)[/quote]

I went to 5 blockbusters around here and the accesories were full price. :(

bread's done
Back