Blockbuster.com - 30% Off - New Games, DVD's, Blu-Rays - Now with 94cent Shipping!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Taken from Slickdeals:
[quote name='Wessider']Save 30% on select DVDs from our Previously Viewed Collection. It doesn't say the criteria, just select DVDs.
Enter promo code holidaysurprise at checkout. We will even pay for shipping and handling. Offer expires on 1/31/09.

www.blockbuster.com

UPDATE: The 30% code worked on anything I tried but doesn't give free shipping unless it a select used DVD.
UPDATE: They have Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero search results
UPDATE: Added screenshot of email. Sorry it has no details about which used DVDs have free shipping. [/quote]

Tried it on a few games and it works. Be sure to enter the code with no spaces.

I know some of you out there have a ton of GameRush credit so now's the time to spend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Track Pack 1 for PS2, its 26, and with discount, $20.17 (free shipping, 1.57 tax).

Ive been looking for this since it was released in July, and Id never seen it below 27$

Edit : WTF

• Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 1 is no longer available for purchase. Please revise your cart.
They tell me this after I enter my credit card and submit? Idiots.

Got GOW2 for $46.33 rounds out my list at good prices (free shipping worked automatically for me) fallout 3, fable 2, cod waw, gears of war 2, sniper elite, ICO, last remnant, COD 4 (in the last month) I have only really played fable 2 and COD 4 most of the others are still unopened. I think I will skip L4D. Don't like the reliance on others enough and to have time to play with 3 friends at the same time in single player too busy

[quote name='charlescheese']I did two transactions without issue. Are you sure that on your second order you didn't have a space in code somewhere or at the end? Who knows, maybe they changed it since yesterday and only let you use it once now.[/quote]

Yeah, I tried entering the code three times (no space) - went back to this thread to verify the code. Since you were successful placing multiple orders, maybe the system was just buggy when I placed my second order

[quote name='david12795']Hmm weird. I was gonna buy mario kart wii but people on slickdeals were saying their orders were not going through[/quote]
Is that just on Mario Kart that orders aren't going through or is that everything?

Some of my orders have already shipped, at least according to the BB site. We shall see and I will post when they arrive. I have to call about one because it said it charged my credit card as well as my gift card.

[quote name='walletandgromice']Burnout Paradise and Orange Box (360) for $32.57 shipped.

OP, you rule!

BTW: I just ordered, and just received an e-mail confirmation not 2 minutes later...[/QUOTE]

WOW . . . I thought getting Orange Box for $15 shipped (Amazon) was a great deal but it can be had for less than $13 here!

[quote name='Flak']Is that just on Mario Kart that orders aren't going through or is that everything?[/quote]

I think its just the mario kart.

[quote name='thebob101']Some of my orders have already shipped, at least according to the BB site. We shall see and I will post when they arrive. I have to call about one because it said it charged my credit card as well as my gift card.[/quote]
My order is still sitting in "In Progress" status, which is not even one of their possible status states listed on the same page you view your order on. Oh well - I can wait. If they charge my credit card too, then I might start to get annoyed.

I got my copy of Valkyria Chronicles from BB.com earlier today. They are were pretty fast with my order. I placed the order on Tuesday, received shipping confirmation on Wednesday, and it's was sitting in my mailbox Saturday after I got off from work.

would I be better off buying Orange Box alone with this deal, or could I maybe find it used and get it for free with GTA IV...

I guess I'll have to go check, if they aren't both in stock I'll just order it online for 13.01, thanks.

I received my Wii Remote yesterday, though it was ordered when shipping was $3.97.

Is this deal still live? Do we know when it ends? I've got some Gamestop credit and will attempt to transfer it via some used purchases/flips if possible, but the local GSs are pretty cleaned out. It would be worth the trouble if I knew I could then get another 30% off via this code when all was said and done.

[quote name='crunchewy']I received my Wii Remote yesterday, though it was ordered when shipping was $3.97.

Is this deal still live? Do we know when it ends? I've got some Gamestop credit and will attempt to transfer it via some used purchases/flips if possible, but the local GSs are pretty cleaned out. It would be worth the trouble if I knew I could then get another 30% off via this code when all was said and done.[/quote]
when did you order? i could use some reassurance that my stuff will come because i came across some other forums threads talking about this and the posts mainly consisted of ppl saying their stuff was stuck in "not yet shipped/in progress" mode. the posts following were about them arguing with blockbuster to cancel their orders. pretty upsetting stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='malfuncti0n']when did you order? i could use some reassurance that my stuff will come because i came across some other forums threads talking about this and the posts mainly consisted of ppl saying their stuff was stuck in "not yet shipped/in progress" mode. the posts following were about them arguing with blockbuster to cancel their orders. pretty upsetting stuff.[/quote]

Mine has been in that "Not yet Shipped" mode since Saturday night which I can understand because it was a holiday weekend but I expect to see some progree soon seeing were on week days now. :whistle2:\"

Yeah I'm not ready to freak out yet, we just went through the holiday period, and I wouldn't have expected much movement from them yet. I am hopeful that things will change today though.

I was tempted by POP:LE for the PS3, but I'll pass. It would've been around $39 after tax. That's with free shipping, subscriber discount, and the 30% off.

I've got a ton of titles to catch up on. Plus, it sounds like POP would make a good rental given the length.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Mine has been in that "Not yet Shipped" mode since Saturday night which I can understand because it was a holiday weekend but I expect to see some progree soon seeing were on week days now. :whistle2:\"[/quote]
I don't think you understand how hammered they got with orders. Several times their site was inaccessible due to all the traffic.

I ordered midday last Tuesday, and mine's still "In Progress". It will probably take several days for them to get caught up with all the orders.

[quote name='jpw21683']I don't think you understand how hammered they got with orders. Several times their site was inaccessible due to all the traffic.

I ordered midday last Tuesday, and mine's still "In Progress". It will probably take several days for them to get caught up with all the orders.[/quote]

I can understand they may have got a lot of orders over the holiday and im not complaining at all because the game I ordered I can wait for, but the thing is you should never branch out to selling online if you can not handle the capacity that brings with it especially nowdays with people seemingly not wanting to ever do more then do to the mail box..

Its kind of funny because they sometimes look as though they can not even run the stores and now they have the site open for purchase orders as well..

They supposedly have the limited edition of Gears of War 2 for $45 with tax for me, but I don't know if I'll pull the trigger on it.

I can't add anything to my cart. Is anyone having this same problem?

EDIT: Nvm, the site is just super slow.

Scratch that. It's excruciatingly slow.

And, there it goes. The system dumped all of my stuff out of the cart. What a POS.

[quote name='Tazzer88']They supposedly have the limited edition of Gears of War 2 for $45 with tax for me, but I don't know if I'll pull the trigger on it.[/QUOTE]
Hmm... I may do this. Thanks for the post. I could probably sell my normal Gears of War close to that.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmm... I may do this. Thanks for the post. I could probably sell my normal Gears of War close to that.[/quote]

You can sell the gold lancer code for $40+...>_> It will pay itself off. Selling your normal Gears is just icing on the cake.

[quote name='DarkRider23']You can sell the gold lancer code for $40+...>_> It will pay itself off. Selling your normal Gears is just icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit. 40 dollars? Why? And I think I already got the lancer from when Xbox.com was messing up with all of those preorder downloads...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Holy shit. 40 dollars? Why? And I think I already got the lancer from when Xbox.com was messing up with all of those preorder downloads...[/QUOTE]

Drugs. Before making a purchase, many people seem to use them.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I can understand they may have got a lot of orders over the holiday and im not complaining at all because the game I ordered I can wait for, but the thing is you should never branch out to selling online if you can not handle the capacity that brings with it especially nowdays with people seemingly not wanting to ever do more then do to the mail box..

Its kind of funny because they sometimes look as though they can not even run the stores and now they have the site open for purchase orders as well..[/quote]
You're 100% right...they should've anticipated the deluge of orders.

Oh well, I'm not in any hurry. As long as I get my order sometime, I'll be happy.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Holy shit. 40 dollars? Why? And I think I already got the lancer from when Xbox.com was messing up with all of those preorder downloads...[/quote]

The code was going for $70+ the day Gears 2 came out...

[quote name='DarkRider23']You can sell the gold lancer code for $40+...>_> It will pay itself off. Selling your normal Gears is just icing on the cake.[/quote]
Are you sure the Gold Lancer code comes with the LE? If so, I'm in for one..

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']OMFG I left to go turn my credit into a gift card and it's saying the promotion is expired. I can't believe this.[/quote]

It happened to me too. It was still good until about an hour ago when I put the code in but I didn't check out at that time because I wanted pick a few more games. When I was done and tried to check out, it said the promotion was expired. Isn't it supposed to last until the end of Jan?

Goddamn it. That is such crap. It was working right before I left. And I've been on hold with Blockbuster customer service for 15 minutes now. I'm about to fart blood out of my ass.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Goddamn it. That is such crap. It was working right before I left. And I've been on hold with Blockbuster customer service for 15 minutes now. I'm about to fart blood out of my ass.[/quote]
wow. if i knew bloody farts was a possible outcome i don't think i would have bothered.

bread's done
Back