Blockbuster game rental rates?

[quote name='Drnick']its somewhere around 7-8 dollars. I know sometimes they have rent 2 for 10 dollar deals[/QUOTE]

When they do that deal it only applies to xbox/ps2/gc/psp games, so just a heads up

Go on ebay and search for blockbuster game coupon.

You can get like 5 free rental coupons for 3-8 dollars depending on the demand at the time. They email you PDFs with your name on them. can't beat that

I haven't stepped foot into a blockbuster in years. Why do you need to verify a debit/Credit Card to rent from them now? I didn't have to have a debit card verification when I rented from them before.

[quote name='popemogoth']I haven't stepped foot into a blockbuster in years. Why do you need to verify a debit/Credit Card to rent from them now? I didn't have to have a debit card verification when I rented from them before.[/QUOTE]
Because they don't have late fees anymore. They just bill your card for the retail price of the item after two weeks, and take the charge off when you return it. Makes sense - that way, you're less likely to walk off with their games.

[quote name='popemogoth']I haven't stepped foot into a blockbuster in years. Why do you need to verify a debit/Credit Card to rent from them now? I didn't have to have a debit card verification when I rented from them before.[/quote]

:lol: Best of luck to BBV when/if they ever try charging the card I used when I opened the account, since that checking account of mine has been closed for YEARS now.

Then again, I think it's also been years since I rented anything from them, since the local game/dvd shop sells stuff SUPER CHEAP so I can just get my games/movies there and OWN them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Best of luck to BBV when/if they ever try charging the card I used when I opened the account, since that checking account of mine has been closed for YEARS now.

Then again, I think it's also been years since I rented anything from them, since the local game/dvd shop sells stuff SUPER CHEAP so I can just get my games/movies there and OWN them.[/quote]

We have a store here like that, their highest price is $24 on anything used, even teh new 360 stuff, their only problem is that they dont have much of a selection because people buy the stuff as soon as it comes in.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Best of luck to BBV when/if they ever try charging the card I used when I opened the account, since that checking account of mine has been closed for YEARS now.
[/quote]

They don't check when renting a movie, but they automatically check your card to see if it is valid when renting a game. I lost the debit card that I had on my Blockbuster account. It was cancelled and replaced. When I went to rent a Xbox 360 game, they refused me until I gave them the new card to put into the system.

But then again, maybe it was because I was using a free game rental coupon?

They only require a CC/Debit card if you're renting current gen games.

Every time I've rented GC & PS2 games in the past year from them(using free rental coupons :)), not once have they asked for a CC. They don't even have one on file for me, since a bill for my college classes was good enough to get an account there.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Then again, I think it's also been years since I rented anything from them, since the local game/dvd shop sells stuff SUPER CHEAP so I can just get my games/movies there and OWN them.[/quote]

I wish, but between blockbuster and netflix, all the mom&pop movie rental stores near me closed down.

If someone, hell, even blockbuster, would come up with a MOVIE AND GAME rental service, I'd be happy. That's the only reason I still have a blockbuster account.

The one near me (South Charlotte, NC) and the ones back where I used to live (Maryland in the DC area), are between $7.99 and $9.99 to rent, the place where it is $9.99 is in Maryland and they also charged $5.49+tax to rent just regular DVDs there.....rip-off I think...

Anyways, good luck finding some coupons!

bread's done
Back