Blockbuster Gamerush doesn't sell Zelda - get preorder refunded

TechVW

CAGiversary!
So I preordered Zelda for Gamecube almost 2 years ago for a great price. The deal at Gamerush was trade in 2 games and get any preorder for $30. Of course the game was delayed, and then later announced for the Wii. A few weeks before the Wii launch, I transferred the preorder to the Wii version.

Come launch day, they still didnt have Zelda. Over a month later, still no Zelda with no ETA. So yesterday I finally went in and got a refund. So if anyone else out there is still waiting for their Zelda preorder, ask for a refund, they will make an exception to the corporate policy. I was given the full price ($50+tax) back in cash, so I still got the good deal.

How can a gaming store not sell the GAME OF THE YEAR? Is this a sign that they are closing shop soon?

It was pressed in limited quantities. This is why bigger stores (Target, Wal-Mart) get replinished, while other smaller stores (GameCrazy, GameRush, Rhino) either got two, one, or no shipments.

He said he switched it to Zelda for the Wii. (I assume you are talking about Zelda GC being pressed in limited quantities. But if Zelda Wii did have a limited pressing I'd have to question the intelligence of everyone at N.)

My Gamerush store got in exactly 1 Zelda for the Wii and 1 Zelda for the GC. Many other locations got many more. Though no GR stores got lots of them (like Target) it was store-specific as to quantities. My GR never got a Wii or any accessories in (though others did) - which is a much worse sign as far as I'm concerned than any particular game.

You were lucky GR had any record at all of your original Zelda preorder after nearly 2 years (so that you could switch it to the Wii version). Most preorders are purged from the local store's system after 1 year. They can recover that info if they call corporate, which is what they had to do with my Zelda and FF XII preorders. It took about 2 months to sort out.

Anyway, we've gone over all of this repeatedly in the Gamerush thread. You might want to post any further discussion over there:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109452

Many others (including me) have cancelled preorders before and we usually get the $50 in credit back (cash is a bit unusual - is that what you meant by an 'exception to the store policy'?). I tend to just roll over my preorders to other things when they don't come in. But this is far from the first game that they haven't gotten in :rofl:.

Skipped over the Wii part - though initial shipments of Zelda were limited on Wii, it's fairly common now. Kinda weird that GR never got any of the Wii version in, though

Blockbuster in general is losing alot of money due to people buying their own DVDs, online rentals, and of course the $1 rentals at the mom and pop stores.

Oh yeah.. Those movie pirates also can be blamed for their demise in revenues.

Blockbuster = the next Tower Records.

I keep reading they are closing more stores and store hours are getting reduced.

Thus, they arent able to buy enough software when software prices go down by the day.

[quote name='io']
You were lucky GR had any record at all of your original Zelda preorder after nearly 2 years (so that you could switch it to the Wii version). Most preorders are purged from the local store's system after 1 year. They can recover that info if they call corporate, which is what they had to do with my Zelda and FF XII preorders. It took about 2 months to sort out.

Anyway, we've gone over all of this repeatedly in the Gamerush thread. You might want to post any further discussion over there:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109452

Many others (including me) have cancelled preorders before and we usually get the $50 in credit back (cash is a bit unusual - is that what you meant by an 'exception to the store policy'?). I tend to just roll over my preorders to other things when they don't come in. But this is far from the first game that they haven't gotten in :rofl:.[/QUOTE]

You are right, they did not have record of my preorder, thank goodness I still had my reciept! They said they normally do not refund preorders, but would make an exception in this case. I was surprised I got cash back, but there was no record of how I originally paid for it, and the clerk felt bad that they didnt have the game.

[quote name='TechVW']You are right, they did not have record of my preorder, thank goodness I still had my reciept! They said they normally do not refund preorders, but would make an exception in this case. I was surprised I got cash back, but there was no record of how I originally paid for it, and the clerk felt bad that they didnt have the game.[/QUOTE]

Man, and they did it just with the receipt? Of course, most people's experience has been that they don't believe us (even with receipt - I had mine as well) and need to check through the entire account history to make sure we didn't switch or cancel it in the mean time (which is a valid concern - but since the whole preorder loss is their fault they could be more accomodating about it). I had to push and push and push over multiple visits JUST to get myself another preorder to replace it. If I left it up to them I wouldn't have gotten a thing.

bread's done
Back