Blockbuster/Gamerush Min $10 Trade Credit ALL 360/Ps3/Wii Games/$6 DS games Mar 10-23

so basically most sport games and DLCs of Guitar heros.... i dont get why they are doing this, they can't make profit from it, all they can do is sell it for 9.99, which is basically making even.

[quote name='heimdal']Awesome. I was kicking myself for being lazy and missing out on the last one.[/quote]

Same here broham, I had a stack ready and suddenly... eh.

Can't miss out on this one.

anyone know if i can trade in games that are missing manuals or cases or both and it will still apply to this deal?

[quote name='rkpoole49']anyone know if i can trade in games that are missing manuals or cases or both and it will still apply to this deal?[/quote]
It's YMMV that your BBV will accept without manuals, mine have never rejected them because of missing manuals, but who knows with your local stores. BBV will not accept games without the original case, they do not accept disc only games at all.

[quote name='kathos']I'm guessing they don't take multiples at all do they?[/quote]
Their official policy is to only accept 2 copies per account per day, but some stores will only take one, and then some don't care at all and will accept mmore than 2, but it's really YMMV for that. If you do happen to have more than 1 or 2 copies, you can just go around to multiple locations and trade them all in on one day or trade the 2 per day at one store.

[quote name='greywolf501']Their official policy is to only accept 2 copies per account per day, but some stores will only take one, and then some don't care at all and will accept mmore than 2, but it's really YMMV for that. If you do happen to have more than 1 or 2 copies, you can just go around to multiple locations and trade them all in on one day or trade the 2 per day at one store.[/quote]

I only ask 'cause I'm gonna get my hands on a ton of those crap $24.99 Tiger Woods '08 and World Poker Tour sets, and just trade them in. But damn, does Blockbuster have any crazy trade-3 deals? Or is that just EB?

[quote name='rkpoole49']anyone know if i can trade in games that are missing manuals or cases or both and it will still apply to this deal?[/quote]

at my store, no manual was ok, but they said no to no case (as i assumed they would).

good deal though...last time i traded in madden 06, mlb 2k6, nhl 07, college hoops 2k6, smackdown vs raw 2007, and table tennis. $60 credit...no complaints here.

Do they put up signs to advertise this because I don't think my Blockbuster is doing this I live in Ontario if that helps, what are good games to pick up and trade in for the bonus?

There were no signs last time, the staff didn't even know. They jsut all scanned at $10.

the downtown Kingston location it depends on what staffer you get as to what their policy is on more then 1 of the same game. At least one has claimed that its one only and they get in trouble of they take two, but others dont care.

Greywolf, you try a pm at bestbuy lately? the GM that was there last june has been replaced. I've heazrd the new guy is a lot better at responding/resolving complaints. haven't heard if anyone has managed an eb pm/pm with receipt. The operations manager Nicole I argued with over that (who lied) is still there.

Hmm so what games do they not buy? Thinking of buying like 4 used 5$ games, trading em in, and using the 20$ credit I have to get SFIV or something...I have some junk I'd like to get rid of like CoD3 ...

EDIT: what the...just looked at tivs.ca. How does cod3 have a 16$ TIV at EB? Wish EB had a trade 2 + 10 deal right now.

It doesn't make much sense to buy a few $5 games just to trade in towards a new release, when one can or could have bought the same game for quite a bit less at amazon

No one can say what will work, they can blacklist any game completely (like wii rockband and at times others that have been hoarded at eb) at any time, and individual stores can refuse anything they are overstocked on.

So I'd be pretty careful loading up on old sports games unless you don't mind keeping them if they wont take them...Doens't seem worth it to me trying to buy $5 games to get (maybe) $10 at BBV, especially since they've inflated the prices of a lot fo the stock. By all means dump the crap you already have.

The BBVs here don't seem to be getting in a lot of trades, nowhere near the inventory they had last summer. Its baffling they are running this promo that only encourages near unsaleable crap to borught in

The thing is I already have credit at EB and BBV. I'd like to use it, and get a good deal with it while I'm at it. Essentially I'd run over to EB, use my credit there to buy a few cheaper games, run over to BBV, and use my credit there plus the couple games I'd buy. I mean, I never buy the games unless I can return them...so I'll see what EB says.

[quote name='greywolf501']Anyone have any more confirmation of this starting tomorrow?[/quote]

I went into BBV last week and the employees seemed lost and said no... looked it up after awhile and said yes so... I'm going in tomorrow and hopefully their answer doesn't change again

[quote name='ShocWave']Are sports games allowed? I have a old copy of Nhl 2k6.[/QUOTE]

I traded in nba 2k6 during the last promo and got $10 for it. It depends on the store's stock of the game. I was able to trade in madden 06 and 07 but they wouldnt take nhl 2k6 or nhl 08 because they had to many copies already

I called three BB near me and all of them said they weren't doing this. The one game rush store by me scanned a 360 game and said it would give $4 in credit for it, not the $10.

Went to my local BBV to trade in some crapactular games.

They only took 1 out of the 4 I brought in.

Madden 07 and MLB 2K7 were too old
Enchanted Arms was showing up as "do not buy back" or whatever

Project Sylpheed was the only game they took.

I guess I'm stuck with these games forever...

[quote name='heimdal']Went to my local BBV to trade in some crapactular games.

I guess I'm stuck with these games forever...[/quote]

Just have a viking funeral for the 2007 sports games and EA. Except a lot less glorious, just burn 'em and douse 'em in water.

Traded in the following for $10 each:
-All pro football 2k8 (ps3)
-Gun (360)
-PGR3 (360)
-NHL 2k6 (360)
-Prey (360)

only game they would not take was nhl 08 because he said they already have too many copies

Took advantage nicely last time - some of the games I traded in were bought at a BBV months ago for $2-$5, even! Weird.

I did have a minor hassle last time in St. Albert, where I used some 'on file' credit to buy NHL 2K7 for $5 *first*, but they wouldn't let me trade it in right away. I went back to the first location and got hassled by the same CSR who went into the back and CLEARLY phoned the other store and wouldn't take it. Manager wouldn't come out to talk, which was sucky.

I ended up trading it (and another game I found later) at a BBV in Cochrane as we were going past it that weekend anyway.

BUT, they did take every last crap-tacular game I had (in the end). Definitely would hassle me on trading in multiples of the same game in St. Albert (near Edmonton), though.

Will be trying again later today, hopefully. I want to use this as a cheaper way to get RB2 and/or GH:WT since I missed the big HMV sale earlier. With all games costing me $5 or less, it should get me that 50% off thing for those special editions.

And I did the same thing earlier - used some EB Games credit to buy cheap cheap games to trade in at BBV.

Wish me luck for tonight, but at least this promo's lasting longer than the last one so I could zip out to other non-Edmonton stores (Sherwood Park/Spruce Grove) if necessary.

Bart

[quote name='heimdal']Went to my local BBV to trade in some crapactular games.

I guess I'm stuck with these games forever...[/quote]

I would definitely try a different BBV location first before giving up, if at all possible... or ship them to a friend in a different city to try, or *something*.

Heck, even try selling for $5 or 3 for $10 or something (craigslist, kijiji, etc.)!

Good luck!

Bart

Got 10 tic for each of the following:

NFL All Pro 2k8 (PS3)
NFL Tour (PS3)
NHL 2k6 (360)
NHL 2k7 (360)

The only one they didn't take was EA Sports NHL 2007 (360).

Not bad really.

bread's done
Back