Blockbuster - In Store - Buy 1 G 1 Free 14.99 and Under

[quote name='admiralvic']Why didnt you just post here?[/QUOTE]

So, best buy has a dozen threads for their sales and Blockbuster is confined to one thread, eh?

You know what, screw it... I'm tired of people that nitpick deal threads. I just won't share any deals I run across anymore.

[quote name='avwjase']You know what, screw it... I'm tired of people that nitpick deal threads. I just won't share any deals I run across anymore.[/QUOTE]

Come on, man. You've got to think about it logically. The deal started two days ago, at a major chain, and you didn't think anybody on here knew about it? (especially considering there are a few CAGs who work for BBV) You're just the first person to stumble upon a B1G1 sale at BBV? Really? I'd even give you a pass if the BBV thread was outdated and didn't have the sale listed in its title. But it does...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Come on, man. You've got to think about it logically. The deal started two days ago, at a major chain, and you didn't think anybody on here knew about it? (especially considering there are a few CAGs who work for BBV) You're just the first person to stumble upon a B1G1 sale at BBV? Really? I'd even give you a pass if the BBV thread was outdated and didn't have the sale listed in its title. But it does...[/QUOTE]

Blah. Blah. Blah. I checked the first three pages before I posted and the sale was not listed anywhere, although I possibly glossed over it with the gamerush in the title. Be that as it may, as with my giveaways, hosting group buys and buying stuff and sending it to people that they can't find in sales... I was just trying to help out and alert people to the deal. I had no idea it started two days ago, as far as I knew it started today.

Buy hey, people on here like to bitch so much at people just tyring to help out that I really have to question why I even bother. I'll just go to straight lurking now, I suppose.

P.S. - Too bad, my store had all kinds of MOH's (at least 6, I nabbed one for myself) and I woulda gladly nabbed one for you, too. Too bad I no longer care to help you out. RE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8628068&postcount=2582

I appreciated it, some of us don't live in the BBV thread and it's lame when good deals get buried because of some asshats that think everything should be categorized into massive retailer threads ... so thank you OP

I was just at BBV and it was basically all fallout NV, MoH, and star wars FU2. There were a few others sprinkled in but nothing really worth it to me.

[quote name='etcrane']I appreciated it, some of us don't live in the BBV thread and it's lame when good deals get buried because of some asshats that think everything should be categorized into massive retailer threads ... so thank you OP[/QUOTE]

See people like you who support this crap that are the real asshats. This wouldn't be a problem if the Blockbuster thread was PAGES back (it was 2 topics under this one when I posted) or even if the title was misleading.

Explain to me how this makes any sense...

His thread (limited details, plus some vague promisses): "Blockbuster in store B1G1 free 14.99 and under."

Vs the official thread with just about every drop in the past year and the title "The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXV - B1G1 free when second game is $14.99 and under!"

Most people want 1 huge thread for BIG deals like this one. Theres a lot of data to go around and not really limited in anyway. Things like MK 9 TE being 60 is a straight up deal many would miss reading the thread so its ok to post it. This is all common sense really and I dont even understand why someone couldnt grasp this.

[quote name='admiralvic']See people like you who support this crap that are the real asshats. This wouldn't be a problem if the Blockbuster thread was PAGES back (it was 2 topics under this one when I posted) or even if the title was misleading.

Explain to me how this makes any sense...

His thread (limited details, plus some vague promisses): "Blockbuster in store B1G1 free 14.99 and under."

Vs the official thread with just about every drop in the past year and the title "The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXV - B1G1 free when second game is $14.99 and under!"

Most people want 1 huge thread for BIG deals like this one. Theres a lot of data to go around and not really limited in anyway. Things like MK 9 TE being 60 is a straight up deal many would miss reading the thread so its ok to post it. This is all common sense really and I dont even understand why someone couldnt grasp this.[/QUOTE]

This is stupid and you both should feel stupid for participating in such a stupid argument. Yes he may have overreacted but that's understandable given that people on these forums do sometimes nitpick.

[quote name='etcrane']I appreciated it, some of us don't live in the BBV thread and it's lame when good deals get buried because of some asshats that think everything should be categorized into massive retailer threads ... so thank you OP[/QUOTE]
So I suppose by your logic we should have a thread for EVERY clearance game that's popped up at Target(Kmart/Sears/etc), no matter how YMMV it is to find some of them?:roll:

Things like this just clog up the boards with 'deals' that're already posted about. But I keep forgetting that people want all of the information without doing any work to find it themselves, especially if it means they have to read/skim more than ONE post.

Moreover, this thread doesn't even accurately list the sale, as the sale is not limited to just $14.99 and under this time. This time, your first game in each group can be ANY price, while the 'free' game must be $14.99 or under.

If a deal is particularly good, then it deserves its own thread. Half the time, it's easy to miss out on deals because they get bogged down in larger threads that sometimes get their titles updated and other times don't.

I would encourage people to post exceptionally good deals, like B1G1 outside of the huge retailer threads because it adds visibility that is lacking. If you're so concerned with threads "clogging up the boards" then maybe you should complain about the ongoing threads that deal with full priced pre-orders and campaigns to get games released in the U.S. Those aren't deals ... this is a deal ...

So quit bitching people out because you're so damn concerned about whether it should be posted in a larger thread ... who the fuck cares? I mean, really? Just let the thread be and if a mod sees the need to move it ... then they will ... but last time I checked, neither of you are mods.

As far as thread accuracy, that's a completely different issue, but at least people know about the deal and sometimes that's enough. I still stand by the OP ... and I'm sick of seeing CAGs jump on other CAGs for trying to contribute and actually do SOMETHING rather than just bitch and complain.

[quote name='avwjase']Blah. Blah. Blah. I checked the first three pages before I posted and the sale was not listed anywhere, although I possibly glossed over it with the gamerush in the title. Be that as it may, as with my giveaways, hosting group buys and buying stuff and sending it to people that they can't find in sales... I was just trying to help out and alert people to the deal. I had no idea it started two days ago, as far as I knew it started today.

Buy hey, people on here like to bitch so much at people just tyring to help out that I really have to question why I even bother. I'll just go to straight lurking now, I suppose.

P.S. - Too bad, my store had all kinds of MOH's (at least 6, I nabbed one for myself) and I woulda gladly nabbed one for you, too. Too bad I no longer care to help you out. RE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8628068&postcount=2582[/QUOTE]

As I said, if the BBV thread didn't have it in the title and wasn't kept immaculately up to date by io, I'd have no problem with it (unlike some people on here who expect everybody to read every page of every thread). My point was just that it wasn't very difficult to find. But stay classy.

Last edited by a moderator:
My comments weren't directed specifically at you, or any other CAG ... its the repeat occurrence of people needing to attack a person who is attempting to contribute to the boards rather than appreciating their effort that I would refer to as asshats.

I understand your point, but in awwjase's post before he deleted and replaced it with "nada." he had most of the pertinent details. Sure it was featured in the BBV thread but stuff gets buried in threads like that all the time, so like I said, I tend to side with a poster who may make a separate thread over folks who just come in and feel the need to correct and criticize. But that's just me ..

If you want to take my comments personally, I can't stop that ... but frankly it doesn't bother me in the least.

[quote name='etcrane']If a deal is particularly good, then it deserves its own thread. Half the time, it's easy to miss out on deals because they get bogged down in larger threads that sometimes get their titles updated and other times don't.

I would encourage people to post exceptionally good deals, like B1G1 outside of the huge retailer threads because it adds visibility that is lacking. If you're so concerned with threads "clogging up the boards" then maybe you should complain about the ongoing threads that deal with full priced pre-orders and campaigns to get games released in the U.S. Those aren't deals ... this is a deal ...

So quit bitching people out because you're so damn concerned about whether it should be posted in a larger thread ... who the fuck cares? I mean, really? Just let the thread be and if a mod sees the need to move it ... then they will ... but last time I checked, neither of you are mods.

As far as thread accuracy, that's a completely different issue, but at least people know about the deal and sometimes that's enough. I still stand by the OP ... and I'm sick of seeing CAGs jump on other CAGs for trying to contribute and actually do SOMETHING rather than just bitch and complain.[/QUOTE]

All im going to say is...

the big thread had it in the title
it was about the only thing in the topic there
all their data + more was in the other topic
the sale ends tomorrow which really makes the thread pointless

[quote name='etcrane']I still stand by the OP ... and I'm sick of seeing CAGs jump on other CAGs for trying to contribute and actually do SOMETHING rather than just bitch and complain.[/QUOTE]
Believe me, I've experienced the bitching and complaining first hand when I've tried to post what I felt was a deal. You have people who I swear must sit by their computers waiting to post 'durrrr shipping kills the deal' or any number of other 'witty' responses rather than just leaving the thread be if the deal isn't for them.

However, when I noticed this thread, the main BBV thread was one spot above this one. What kind of info was in the OP of this thread before the OP edited it to only say 'nada'.

Did he have a detailed list of $14.99 and under titles for each platform? No? Well the main BBV thread has a bunch of those.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']As I said, if the BBV thread didn't have it in the title and wasn't kept immaculately up to date by io, I'd have no problem with it (unlike some people on here who expect everybody to read every page of every thread). My point was just that it wasn't very difficult to find. But stay classy.[/QUOTE]
So you're ok with people coming into a thread and asking a question that may have been answered 2-4 posts above theirs rather than skimming a page or two back to see if they can find their own answer before clogging a thread with questions?

This is why so many of the main deal threads(Target, etc) have to be rebooted so often, since people are too f'n lazy to look for an answer on their own BEFORE asking a redundant question.

Hell. Most won't even read the OP of a thread, even if it has all of the pertinent information for a sale/deal. I know this all too well from maintaining the guide thread when people come in and ask if such and such guide is pennied at X or Y store rather than skimming through the second post with the detailed list of what dropped where and when.

I really think at times this site's name should be changed to Lazy Ass Gamer, since that's how I feel about some of this community at times.:whistle2:#

[quote name='admiralvic']All im going to say is...

the big thread had it in the title
it was about the only thing in the topic there
the sale ends tomorrow which really makes the thread pointless[/QUOTE]

Well both points of view have their merits but if someone hasn't seen a thread for a sale then they should post a new thread even if it ends in the next 30 minutes.

[quote name='admiralvic']
[/QUOTE]

Actually, no it was not. I listed some games that I saw 14.99 and under that are not listed in the main thread. I do not think the list in that thread is complete OR it is YMMV. One or the other. But hey, my thread contributed nothing so I find it funny you guys keep visiting it just to incessantly bitch about it. As if someone forces you guys to read the thread -- you know, you could have just left the thread well enough alone from the start.

Anyway, I already reported the thread to a mod for deletion so it won't clutter up your precious little board much longer.

I like how IATCG has now started arguing with both sides, effectively making himself a 3rd side in the debate ;)

Anyway, this really shouldn't be a huge argument, I apologize to whomever may have been offended by the term asshat, I can see where most of you are coming from in regards to duplicate posts however I'm still annoyed by the tendency on this site to immediately attack people just trying to share a deal. Sometimes its just better to ignore a duplicate post or thank the OP and let the mods make the call, rather than alienating or insulting an OP that might have more to contribute in the future.

I'm sure this thread will be disappearing shortly

why hasnt this thread been deleted by a mod yet? everyone is wasting their time arguing

the blockbuster thread has been on the first page for the past 4-5 days

[quote name='etcrane']I like how IATCG has now started arguing with both sides, effectively making himself a 3rd side in the debate ;)[/quote]
I can do so since I've been on the receiving end of the smarmy idiotic responses too, but I'm one for keeping the boards clear of duplicated deals(and spam). I only usually go to the main deal threads and I largely ignore the dupes since they disappear quickly enough usually.

But acting like you're doing a great service for CAG by making a dupe thread and then getting uppity when people say the deal is already posted doesn't ingratiate yourself to anyone either imo and that's how the OP here seems to have reacted to being told the main BBV thread already has this deal posted.

[quote name='etcrane']I like how IATCG has now started arguing with both sides, effectively making himself a 3rd side in the debate ;)
[/QUOTE]
I love IATCG!!!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I can do so since I've been on the receiving end of the smarmy idiotic responses too, but I'm one for keeping the boards clear of duplicated deals(and spam). I only usually go to the main deal threads and I largely ignore the dupes since they disappear quickly enough usually.

But acting like you're doing a great service for CAG by making a dupe thread and then getting uppity when people say the deal is already posted doesn't ingratiate yourself to anyone either imo and that's how the OP here seems to have reacted to being told the main BBV thread already has this deal posted.[/QUOTE]

This.

bread's done
Back