Blockbuster no late fees on Games question

stone1061

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Ok.
I have the monthly coupon from Total Access for a game or movie rental. If I keep the game past the due date, after a week they will charge me the price of the game. If I return it within 30days i get a credit back minus the restocking fee $1.75.
So i can keep the game for around 40 days, with it only costing $1.75 restocking fee, besides the temporary charge to my credit card.
Has anyone taken advantage of this 'plan'?
Though of using it on Madden next week.

1) Negatively affects credit.
2) They don't really care about the restocking fee, IMO I think its just a way to have people return the said games.

[quote name='Foo228']1) Negatively affects credit.
[/QUOTE]

What?
How do you mean?

If you mean your credit report, then you are wrong.

Only if they decide to turn the amount over to a collection agency and then they report it to the credit bureau would it ever affect credit. This is usually a process that takes at least a year and only if you don't pay for the item to begin with.

With the new late fee policy, they charge to your credit card on file once the day arrives on the receipt. Essentially you purchase the game then and life goes on. If you return it within the 30 days then no harm, no foul.

Basically you're trying to "rent" the game for $5(rental fee) + $1.75(restocking fee) for 37 days? It sounds reasonable, and I don't see any glaring flaws. I'm not too sure how it would negatively affect your credit though... Why would it be any different than any other CC charge?

I worked at Blockbuster over the summer. We told customers to do this all the time.

Say you rent a PS2 game. The regular rental period is 7 days. You have 10 days after the due date to return it without getting charged anything. More than that and the game sells to your account, and your credit/debit card gets charged.

After that 10 day period, it essentially becomes a pre-owned game sale. You can return it to the store within 30 days and just pay $1.25 restocking fee.

Can I do the same thing renting a system as well? I want to play Banjo Kazooie 3 when it comes out, but won't buy a 360 until it is much cheaper.

[quote name='Gamerguy']I worked at Blockbuster over the summer. We told customers to do this all the time.

Say you rent a PS2 game. The regular rental period is 7 days. You have 10 days after the due date to return it without getting charged anything. More than that and the game sells to your account, and your credit/debit card gets charged.

After that 10 day period, it essentially becomes a pre-owned game sale. You can return it to the store within 30 days and just pay $1.25 restocking fee.[/QUOTE]

I also am a current Blockbuster employee (sigh for almost a year now....) and yes just keep it. You pretty much get it for over a month for a couple bucks, and now it doesn't negatively affect your CC it's just another charge.

bread's done
Back