Blockbuster on its way to bankruptcy?

Man i went over to blockbuster today and got the hell cussed out and was told to get the ##$#$$# out of his store.

i went in to see if they were selling any empty DVD cases.... Well i found smackdown 2008 for the ps2 for 4.99 and went up and paid for it... I then asked if they had any DVD Cases and was told no... I then asked if they think if Blockbuster goes bankrupt wil it just be the online or the stores will close..

The dudes eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his freaking head and starting yelling

EVEN IF I KNEW ANYTHING THERE IS NO ##$#$# WAY THAT I WOULD TELL YOU . YOU WOULD HAVE TO CALL THE MAIN COMPANY AND ASK THEM (he was screaming this)

I was like well i was just asking cause i was thinking about buying a movie pass card

I SAID THAT I WOULD NOT EVEN TELL YOU ANY INFO IF I HAD IT WHY DONT YOU GET THE #$#$#$# OUT OF MY #$#$#$# STORE

either this guy did not know a thing or he knew his ass was about to be fired and was pissed that someone in the public knew they were going to shut down ...

[quote name='io']Well, you sound like someone who doesn't go there very often - so do you really know there isn't anyone in their stores, or is this just based on a drive-by in the middle of the day? I love how people who use Netflix or Gamefly just assume no one goes to BBV because they themselves like the other service so much.[/QUOTE]

The ones I've been to (and Hollywood Video as well), never have more than 1-2 customers when I go in, even on a Friday or Saturday. The Redbox machines in this area always have a line of 5-6 people in comparison (and the gas stations just got them - they're in pretty much every supermarket chain in this area, too). Not to mention probably 4-5 Blockbuster locations in the area (probably more) have closed in the past couple years in this part of Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Surprisingly, some Mom & Pop rental places are still doing ok around here (though my friend's store, that had a lot of Criterion/rare stuff is gone. got a lot of good deals when they closed!). But yeah, I never see that many people go to Blockbuster here anymore. Maybe it's different in other parts of the country.

And about CDs...I think it's funny that I know more people that buy vinyl LPs than CDs now, as more of a "collectible". I hate CDs myself, and got rid of my collection a couple years ago. My DVD collection I've pretty much dumped since Netflix has most of the titles I owned. Saves me space and puts money back in my pocket. :) I only keep TV seasons and my foreign films for the most part.

bread's done
Back