Blockbuster Online 2-months Free

My local blockbuster video is closing in April and was handing out these fliers:
I figured it could be a good deal, especially because they have games now

b294b1a5.jpg

I'm totally debating this.
By the way, the dots on the page are seriously tiny, but they are down there.

I haven't signed up yet, but the game selection they have is several months old and they won't be receiving recent titles for several months. Skyrim is going to be new to rent at the end of this month, for instance, and Kingdoms of Amalur won't be available to rent until May.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up a few weeks ago to get Soul Calibur, it won't be available for months. My Q is filled with games like Rango, CSI, and Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, all "Unavailable" or "Long Wait".

I just canceled my one month free trial and it still let me to sign up for another two. Even though the game selection isnt great, a decent amount of blu rays are available.
Thanks for the tip!

Eh they're not supposed to be doing this, but I don't work for blockbuster as of today so I don't give a flying fuck. Just a note, that employee will eventually receive $5 for everyone that signs up. So if there's a local employee you'd rather help out, it's better to head down to your local store.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I signed up a few weeks ago to get Soul Calibur, it won't be available for months. My Q is filled with games like Rango, CSI, and Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, all "Unavailable" or "Long Wait".[/QUOTE]

Just keep looking for things to add until you find some available titles. I signed up the night of this thread's creation, and I already received 2 Blu-rays and a 360 game in my mail today.

I won't list out all 3, but one of the BDs was Human Centi 2; a very new release that I was surprised to see available.

I just signed up as well and took linkbear's advice by going down to my local Blockbuster to help out an employee who usually does the same for me. Thanks for the heads up on this, OP!

Lol, pretty sure the lady offered me 3 months at one......I didn't know you get $5....I've been in and out checking the latest price drops maybe I'll sign up just to be nice. The people at the one in my town SUCK but the ladies at the other one I went to pretty nice.

I was just curious if anyone else is having more problems getting movies than games. For some reason I have a ton of movies that say long wait, but my games are shipping first.

Not sure what games you are getting, but the 360 selection sucks. I tried the blockbuster thing a couple years back and didn't really have a issue with games or movie. It was the time it took for them to get the stuff to me.

This time however, the selection of games and movies is pitiful. Sure, if you want to play a game from 5 years ago, you might be able to get one. I have cancelled my trial once again and I can honestly say I'm glad BB is closing up everywhere.

With that being said. Things were supposed to change when Dish bought them out, stores were going to increase their stock and things would turn around. What a joke! I'll stick to Redbox for my movie and game rentals.

Just signed up last week, but I noticed something strange with the shipping. 3 movies left at the same time, but only 1 came yesterday. I assume that I'll get the others today.

The shipping time is god awful. Two of my games/movies got shipped on Monday, but won't be here til Thursday at the earliest. The other game sat there waiting to be shipped for three days and just now got shipped, so I probably won't even get that until next week.

[quote name='krashhole']Not sure what games you are getting, but the 360 selection sucks. I tried the blockbuster thing a couple years back and didn't really have a issue with games or movie. It was the time it took for them to get the stuff to me.

This time however, the selection of games and movies is pitiful. Sure, if you want to play a game from 5 years ago, you might be able to get one. I have cancelled my trial once again and I can honestly say I'm glad BB is closing up everywhere.

With that being said. Things were supposed to change when Dish bought them out, stores were going to increase their stock and things would turn around. What a joke! I'll stick to Redbox for my movie and game rentals.[/QUOTE]

Oh your glad people are going to lose their jobs how nice...

[quote name='Tsel']The shipping time is god awful. Two of my games/movies got shipped on Monday, but won't be here til Thursday at the earliest. The other game sat there waiting to be shipped for three days and just now got shipped, so I probably won't even get that until next week.[/QUOTE]
still not as bad as gamefly's available status crap. the next day someone else gets it.

took upwards of 3 weeks to actually get a game i wanted.

Just did another tour of my local store last night. All of their blurays were 2.99. The games were only 30% off, though.

[quote name='specter316']Just got the girl with the dragon tattoo, and it looked like it was bootlegged. Did anyone else have this happen?[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thng when I got a copy of the from Redbox. It wasn't until I noticed the additional printing on the disc that I realized they must have just made the disc that way. I almost emailed Redbox and complained about bootlegged copies before I realized it probably wasn't.

[quote name='specter316']Just got Darkest Hour yesterday and watched it. If anyone is interested, it's awesome.[/QUOTE]

no its not its just plain stupid LOL

bread's done
Back