Blockbuster Online E-Coupon

Karuto

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys. I have a Total Access account set up with Blockbuster, and one of the perks is that I get a free movie/game rental a month with an e-coupon. My question is, where exactly do I find this online? I assumed that's where it would be located since it's right in the name: e-coupon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

when I used to subscribe, i would get an email notification. if i deleted that, i could find the coupon on the my account page.

[quote name='Karuto']Hey guys. I have a Total Access account set up with Blockbuster, and one of the perks is that I get a free movie/game rental a month with an e-coupon. My question is, where exactly do I find this online? I assumed that's where it would be located since it's right in the name: e-coupon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It's under My Account

[quote name='Karuto']Hey guys. I have a Total Access account set up with Blockbuster, and one of the perks is that I get a free movie/game rental a month with an e-coupon. My question is, where exactly do I find this online? I assumed that's where it would be located since it's right in the name: e-coupon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Did you get grandfathered in for this?
I had Blockbuster Total Access and they took the eCoupon away from me when they stopped offering them over the summer.
Having a free game rental on top of the movies was the only reason I stayed with Blockbuster to begin with.

I switched to netflicks. Its Cheaper! Our total access went up in price twice in 6 months. They took the e coupon away and only let us get two movies in store. It wasn't worth it anymore. We told them we switched to netflicks and they were like why????

[quote name='obiwayne']Did you get grandfathered in for this?
I had Blockbuster Total Access and they took the eCoupon away from me when they stopped offering them over the summer.
Having a free game rental on top of the movies was the only reason I stayed with Blockbuster to begin with.[/QUOTE]

you can always right in and said a movie didnt work. ususally they give you a free coupon. DOnt know if they still do this or not

im probally going to try to go back to blockbuster next week. I was going to try it this week but lack of new releases this week and bone eater comes on sci fi next saturday ( usually just watch movies on sat)

I was a BBO member for over three years. They took away my two free game rentals a month and unlimited instore exchanges, while raising the subscription price multiple times. I'm not sure anyone gets ecoupons anymore, even those members who were originally supposed to be grandfathered in. I finally decided last week to switch to Netflix and I couldn't be happier (until the day they start throttling me). Website layout and speed is better, three out at a time for the same price as BBO's two out at a time, and unlimited online viewing of select movies.

[quote name='Legolas813']I was a BBO member for over three years. They took away my two free game rentals a month and unlimited instore exchanges, while raising the subscription price multiple times. I'm not sure anyone gets ecoupons anymore, even those who were originally supposed to be grandfathered in. I finally decided last week to switch to Netflix and I couldn't be happier (until they one day start throttling).[/QUOTE]

if they thrott you just call and complain. they did it to me a few times in nov and i got a free 1 movie upgrade for a month

paid 3 at a time but got 4 at a time in dec

never got throttled in jan but i just cancelled my account since my 20% off promo expired and there is really nothing coming out for two weeks that i want to see. and i got a 1 free month blockbuster online code that i want to try to use.

personally i find netflix 100% better then blockbuster

Netflix 99% of movies come within a day i always made sure i returned all my movies by saturday so i had all open slots on monday so all new release movies ship (if you have open slots on monday and new movies dont ship call and compain until they give you something for free )

blockbuster all movies took 2 to 3 days . It cost me 3.50 to return the movies (gas) so even if i only returned them in store once a week that is 14 bucks in gas on top of the charges so personally i find BB twice as much or half of th emovies

hell at least they are not as bad as gamefly 4 to 5 days for games and expect gamefly to get even worse since they are opening up a 3rd shipping center meaning fewer games in the other 2 ........ its just too bad netflix wouldnt start doing games as well... Blockbuster few years back said they were going to do it but they said people said they wouldnt be intersted

3 at a time movies or games i heard was to run 39.99 or 49.99 PER MONTH

and this was before the instore returns

This wasn't really a discussion about which service is better.

Under My Account, it says in my Subscription plan: "+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month". Where in My Account would I find this coupon at? It's not really sticking out for me.

[quote name='Legolas813']I'm not sure anyone gets ecoupons anymore, even those members who were originally supposed to be grandfathered in.[/quote]

I still get the coupon. I've been with BBO for two years now.

I still get the coupon, oddly enough for Jan I got two coupons...don't know how or why, a second one just popped up.

[quote name='Legolas813']I was a BBO member for over three years. They took away my two free game rentals a month and unlimited instore exchanges, while raising the subscription price multiple times. I'm not sure anyone gets ecoupons anymore, even those members who were originally supposed to be grandfathered in. I finally decided last week to switch to Netflix and I couldn't be happier (until the day they start throttling me). Website layout and speed is better, three out at a time for the same price as BBO's two out at a time, and unlimited online viewing of select movies.[/QUOTE]

I do.

They grandfathered me in.

BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium
$19.99 / month (plus taxes)
3 at-a-time, unlimited mailings
unlimited in-store movie exchanges
+2 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month

[quote name='Karuto']This wasn't really a discussion about which service is better.

Under My Account, it says in my Subscription plan: "+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month". Where in My Account would I find this coupon at? It's not really sticking out for me.[/QUOTE]

Under My Account, it's near the top under "View Account Activity"

bbtx3.jpg

[quote name='JLazzuri']I still get the coupon. I've been with BBO for two years now.[/QUOTE]

Nice to know that I had been a member for over three years, yet people with less time than me get to keep the ecoupons. Though I heard it was also based on usage. Those who rented the most movies/games had their benefits taken away sooner. I am under the impression that everyone will lose these benefits, just over a period of time, but I'm not totally sure on this. So I guess we will have to wait and see whether those that still have the ecoupons will be able to keep them in the coming months or year.

I guess you have to be outside of the trial period to get the coupon, which is unfortunate. Oh well. Thanks anyway, guys!

[quote name='Karuto']I guess you have to be outside of the trial period to get the coupon, which is unfortunate. Oh well. Thanks anyway, guys![/QUOTE]

If you don't already have the ecoupon, it's unlikely they will give it to you later. They have been slowly taking them away from select members. AFAIK, the trial period should give you the same benefits as if you were a paying member.

[quote name='Karuto']I guess you have to be outside of the trial period to get the coupon, which is unfortunate. Oh well. Thanks anyway, guys![/quote]Wait, what trial? If you are in a trial there can't be a coupon, as it means you just set up your account, and new accounts don't have coupons whatsoever. Odd that it mentions it in the account page though, that's exactly what it would say.

[quote name='Karuto']This wasn't really a discussion about which service is better.

Under My Account, it says in my Subscription plan: "+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month". Where in My Account would I find this coupon at? It's not really sticking out for me.[/QUOTE]

On "my account" it was at the bottom right corner. It was a blue link that said ecoupon. You clicked it and it opened a link with the coupon in it. You then printed it and took it to the store. It had a bar code on it and they would scan it and there you go.

Just write them an email explaining the situation and that you're thinking about switching to Netflix. Same thing happened to me. I was supposed to be grandfathered in but it dropped off for some reason. They initially said it was a system problem or something so I gave them a couple months to get it straightened out. After that I just wrote in to complain, threatening to leave and they added it back onto my account.

[quote name='polly']Just write them an email explaining the situation and that you're thinking about switching to Netflix. Same thing happened to me. I was supposed to be grandfathered in but it dropped off for some reason. They initially said it was a system problem or something so I gave them a couple months to get it straightened out. After that I just wrote in to complain, threatening to leave and they added it back onto my account.[/quote]Hey Polly, is that Murray in your avatar? Actually, I'm sure that it is since it's the picture on the cast page for Flight of the Conchords. I love that show; been a while since I watched it.

there are different levels of total access believe it or not. Here is mine:

$16.99 / month (plus taxes)
2 at-a-time, unlimited mailings
+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month

[quote name='dmendro']there are different levels of total access believe it or not. Here is mine:

$16.99 / month (plus taxes)
+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month[/QUOTE]

That was the old plan (the one I had) they then decided to take away the unlimited in store exchanges and make it 3 per cycle, after that it cost 1 or 2 dollars (I forget which) to do an instore exchange. they also took away the bonus coupon. so I dropped them and went to netflix.

[quote name='polly']Just write them an email explaining the situation and that you're thinking about switching to Netflix. Same thing happened to me. I was supposed to be grandfathered in but it dropped off for some reason. They initially said it was a system problem or something so I gave them a couple months to get it straightened out. After that I just wrote in to complain, threatening to leave and they added it back onto my account.[/QUOTE]

I tried that back in August. This is the response I got:

[quote name='Blockbuster CSR']We have recently updated our plan to further provide you highest level of service. This changes would work for your advantage. We will update you as quickly as possible for the new offers. Like all retail businesses, we must periodically review our products and services structure. In introducing a wider range of subscription plans, we considered a number of factors related to online memberships including in-store activity on a given account. We’re giving our most frequent renters like yourself the option of either continuing with limited in-store exchanges at a the same price point or moving to a new plan if you'd like to continue your unlimited exchanges and agree to a higher price point. Unfortunately, eCoupons are no longer available.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drnick']That was the old plan (the one I had) they then decided to take away the unlimited in store exchanges and make it 3 per cycle, after that it cost 1 or 2 dollars (I forget which) to do an instore exchange. they also took away the bonus coupon. so I dropped them and went to netflix.[/quote]

I dunno about that man. In store exchanges seemed to always be unlimited.

• BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium
  • $16.99 / month (plus taxes)
    +1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month
  • Next Billing Date:
    February 22,2008

that is as of 2 minutes ago. Had this thing for 18months now and it hasnt switched.

bread's done
Back