Blockbuster online rentals $1 for 1st month. Returning customer only.

awesome. thanks i cancelled a while back after i went broke and had to pay for books. i couldnt afford another month. but a buck, wow, thanks OP.

[quote name='slidecage']only works for those w ho got the email[/QUOTE]

Yep, even if you had an old account you have to get the email for it to work. Bummer.

And I see that the in-store coupons are only good for movies, not games. : (
I'm still on 14.99, I think it goes up next month, at which point, I might cancel to get caught up on my backlog of owned dvds and games. Unless they offer me a deal, which I do expect.

If you're a former member of Netflix, make sure you sign up for the netflix settlement, available at netflixsettlement.com, I believe. Basically if you're no longer a member, you get a free month in a few months. It's another one of those lovely class action suits where the lawyers get millions in cash, and the plaintiffs get the companys' merchandise or service worth less than 20 bucks.

Did anybody sign-up for this offer? I recieved the email and restarted my membership, but my account status shows "two week free trial". Anyone have this problem too? I emailed Blockbuster, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Thanks whitereflection for responding. Guess it's just my luck that I got the 'two week offer'! I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

[quote name='dts5000']Did anybody sign-up for this offer? I recieved the email and restarted my membership, but my account status shows "two week free trial". Anyone have this problem too? I emailed Blockbuster, but haven't gotten a reply yet.[/QUOTE]

Yea I got the same problem too! Hopefully they will fix this soon, if not then I'm cancelling right now.

The in store coupons work for games as well, I've tried them.

I've signed up for this deal an I received 2 of the 3 DVDs today. Not as fast at Netflix, but for $1, I'll take it.

[quote name='csantos']The in store coupons work for games as well, I've tried them.

I've signed up for this deal an I received 2 of the 3 DVDs today. Not as fast at Netflix, but for $1, I'll take it.[/QUOTE]

Does it say 'GAME' on the coupon as well as movies? My coupon is still not available in my account. Not only did I get the 'two week free trial' instead of the 'one month for $1 deal', I also don't even have access to the coupons! :cry:

The "free two weeks" thing happened to me also last week. While logged in my account page, I clicked the month offer link again (in a separate window) and it allowed me to "upgrade" to the month for $1 deal.

I received a response from Blockbuster a couple minutes ago, and they just told me to cancel and resign using the offer link again. Without cancelling, I just hit the link again to upgrade. It worked. Now my current status is "First Month $1.00 plus tax".

[quote name='csantos']The in store coupons work for games as well, I've tried them.

I've signed up for this deal an I received 2 of the 3 DVDs today. Not as fast at Netflix, but for $1, I'll take it.[/QUOTE]

I used my instore coupons for games, when I was a member the last time. I just re-signed up, but I assume I can still use them for games. That's what makes BB better than Netflix.

Got the email and resigned up.. the service is far better than last time I have to admit. More stuff in stock, quicker shipping. Cool.

Still going to cancel after the 1 month and stick with just Netflix...

I got in on this as well, service is excellent as always. I live about 1.5 hours from a distribution center though.

I got the entire season 1 of King of Queens here right now. :D

my roommate got this rejoined on weds and still NO movies have shipped..... just makes you remember why you left BB in the first place

i rejoined on 12.21 and have been very pleased with their service. Especially since it was 3 movie out at a time. The turnaround is about 1-2 days, so thats pretty good. But im sure once 1.20.06 rolls around, im going to cancel their service again.

I signed up for a free month through Papa Johns. Returned my first batch and now they sent some shit I never wanted to see, or put in my queue. No thanks Cockbusters.

Well, I just noticed that they are offering new account members the option of one free instore rental per week! However, when you get into the details it is for MOVIES ONLY! So, if you want to keep renting games DO NOT SWITCH Plans!

I noticed that too....I'm a CURRENT Customer and they offered to give me an extra IN-STORE rental (3 total), but it says Movie Only...they were sneaky about it. Of course, I'l keep my TWO in-store now that I can get GAMES with. The sub pays for itself right there.

bread's done
Back