Blockbuster Online

Karuto

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I recently canceled Blockbuster Online (in fact, last November). Are there any coupons that'll allow me to resubscribe with a discount? GameFly seems to throw these at me at least once a month, so I hoped Blockbuster had one. Thanks.

Yeah screw Blockbuster, I'll probably switch over to Netflix soon. Blockbuster is a good deal though if you do go to the store a lot and you get the unlimited in store rentals. Their online service sucks though. I returned three to the store on Saturday so I expected three to ship today. Oh look, they sent me two DVDs. What's up? Did they just not feel like shipping me a third one? Plus sometimes I go by days with nothing in my hands or nothing being shipped. Then I send an email complaining but by the time they check the email they finally have shipped things. Add to that that a lot of DVDs are not even available and are on Netflix, and I'm jumping ship.

Well, I only live down the street from a Blockbuster, and I do visit there a lot. But do you suppose Netflix will be better because of its service? My mother has had them for what seems like years, but I didn't know if I want to join... I mean, considering the fact that Blockbuster Online is cheaper by a dollar than Netflix in the 3-Movies-Out mail-in plan.

90430 is a code for a free month of 3 out at a time, unlimited in-store exchanges, 1 free movie/game coupon, and $19.99 a month after the first month (more benefits than the $34.99 plan for nearly half the price).

If you use a prepaid debit card with not enough $, or Paypal's Virtual Debit card, Blockbuster will try to charge your account for another 2-6 weeks, while still shipping out movies, before they cancel your account (extending the trial even more).

Easiest thing is to do the trial method, and cancel right before the trial ends. If you change your billing address, you can use the same card again for another free month trial. Rinse & repeat. I've been doing this method for a combined 15 months now (6 months now, 9 months a few years ago).

I like blockbuster. Whenever I do rent a movie (that's probably once per month), it's usually free (I usually trade in games at a GR that gives more credit than GS/EB).

[quote name='Bezerker']Easiest thing is to do the trial method, and cancel right before the trial ends. If you change your billing address, you can use the same card again for another free month trial. Rinse & repeat. I've been doing this method for a combined 15 months now (6 months now, 9 months a few years ago).[/quote]

So wait, does it matter what your billing address is, or do you have to keep using new cards? I only hae two addresses I can use. This method might not be too bad. :)

I used to do the Blockbuster online. I was in the membership when I was paying $10 a month for 2 out at a time with unlimited in store exchanges and I would get one coupon a month for a free game/movie rental. Without warning they changed the policy on me and completely dicked me over.

The new plan they forced me into was only two movie rentals a MONTH and two in store exchanges. The plan I had been on previously was now $20 a month. I called in to Blockbuster, chewed them out and canceled my subscription and told them I was going to Netflix.

[quote name='Karuto']So wait, does it matter what your billing address is, or do you have to keep using new cards? I only hae two addresses I can use. This method might not be too bad. :)[/quote]
You can put in any billing address as long as its an actual address I just pick random businesses and whatnot.

Even if you choose to continue, at least your first month will only be $19.99. After that first month at $19.99 they'll most likely bump you back up to $34.99 or start throttling the hell out of you. At least when you're on the trial, they try to ship stuff out as quickly as possible (so they can keep you on past the trial), so i find it better just to rotate trials. Sucks having to reload your queue each time, but sure beats paying $35 a month.

Well yeah if the store is really accessible to you, go with Blockbuster, as it's a great deal. I think I just need a change of pace. I hit up the store more in the summer when I work closer to it.

bread's done
Back