Blockbuster pass (games/movies)now $14.99 in stores

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Blockbuster now has their monthly pass price dropped to $14.99 for all in store video games, blu-rays, and dvds. 1 out at a time. First month is only $7.50. This deal is for the store you get the pass from only. I'm back in for now. As discussed in Hawaiiboy's bbv thread, games now rent at $1.99 per night for ¨hot titles” and $.99 for all others.

Last edited by a moderator:
The selection is poor, it's mostly the newer titles that you want to try out and they never have any out on the floor when you want to rent it. Can't remember the last time I rented a game must've been 4-5 years ago

[quote name='CaoPi']The selection is poor, it's mostly the newer titles that you want to try out and they never have any out on the floor when you want to rent it. Can't remember the last time I rented a game must've been 4-5 years ago[/QUOTE]

The last game I rented (which would eventuality lead it to being one of my all time favorite games) was kingdom hearts back in 2002. It would feel so odd for me to rent a game again lol

That pass is awesome. I used it a few times when it was $22. If you got the time you can play through ~5 games and then just cancel it at the end of the month.

Screw Blockbuster. I did the game pass rental for 2 months and they never had shit in stock. I'm actually glad the last store here closed up about a month ago.

[quote name='krashhole']Screw Blockbuster. I did the game pass rental for 2 months and they never had shit in stock. I'm actually glad the last store here closed up about a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it done that you can walk into a store and get a game that just came out under the Game Pass? Is there a special "Game Pass list o' games"?

I know that at my local BBV they have new games on the shelves the day they come out. Shouldn't I be able to walk into the store on that day and rent it under the Game Pass? BBV's explanation of the Game Pass sucks...

If your store actually got them on release day, and you were one of the first people to be there, I don't see a problem. Both stores here never got theirs on release day. It was usually the following week, and even then that was uncertain. Word was since Dish bought them out, their inventory was going to increase and they would have a better game selection. I guess they missed that obligation to their customers and just closed up the stores instead. I have had better luck with REDBOX and their $2 a day rental.

That is what I thought about the rentals. I guess I'm just lucky with my local stores. Can't believe you said you had better luck with Redbox and their games. They are so selective about the games they get and even nearly a year later they still don't run the game rentals well in the least bit. Their selection is horrible

[quote name='krashhole']If your store actually got them on release day, and you were one of the first people to be there, I don't see a problem. Both stores here never got theirs on release day. It was usually the following week, and even then that was uncertain. Word was since Dish bought them out, their inventory was going to increase and they would have a better game selection. I guess they missed that obligation to their customers and just closed up the stores instead. I have had better luck with REDBOX and their $2 a day rental.[/QUOTE]

$2 a day isn't too cheap at all, and yea the selection sucks at redbox

I've had the game pass for years. My blockbuster is pretty good about getting the new games on Tuesday and if not the by Friday. Mine is about ten minutes from my house and I don't find a game that I want to play then ill just rent a movie with it. Glad they are dropping the price since netflex went up. I like being able to go in the store and pick up the game instead of waiting foe it to come in the mail with Gamefly.

My local BBV offered this deal for 7.49 for the first month, so I jumped on it. You can't cancel until after two weeks, but I might keep it past the promotional price. Redbox can suck it now.

Wait, how is this better than the BBV Total Pass? This is only in-store, while TP is both online and in-store. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my Netflix plan.

[quote name='Dranakin']Wait, how is this better than the BBV Total Pass? This is only in-store, while TP is both online and in-store. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my Netflix plan.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can find better with this is you can make same day exchanges if you're done with a movie or game. So it works best if you live close to a blockbuster to maximize efficiency.

Wait .. so you can exchange by mail movies for games in store for free now as long as they are the .99 games ? I didnt see that listed anywhere on the Blockbuster site that I could find.

[quote name='strait edge follower']The last game I rented (which would eventuality lead it to being one of my all time favorite games) was kingdom hearts back in 2002. It would feel so odd for me to rent a game again lol[/QUOTE]

Dude, w/ AWD and Amazon/BB TIV's, who the hell needs to actually rent games?!?!

LOL, anyhoot, this is a pretty decent deal for folks who only like to play campaigns and their BBV has a decent selection of new games...It'll come in handy when the epic fall video game release starts in a couple week!!

[quote name='Stimes']So this pass includes the $1.99 games? With the mail pass you can only check out the $.99 games.[/QUOTE]
In-store pass gives you anything in the store.

Mail pass you can only do 99 cent games in store. Note some of the 1.99 titles appear in the mailer choices, as with the mailer you can rent games as well.

I have debated about switching my pass to in-store but my store doesn't carry new TV-on-DVD shows (very rare one shows up). This fact has me leaning to keeping my mailer going.

This is a fantastic deal actually. I have a BB 1 minute from my house. I bought this pass 3 months ago when it was $22 monthly and had no problem finding the games or movies I wanted to rent. I checked out LA Noire, Portal 2, Killzone 3, Tiger Woods Wolf, CoD, etc... they had all the latest games. Sometimes you just have to figure out when most people are doing their game returns so that you can take advantage of what is in stock.

Redbox is pretty meh. It is only good if you can beat a game in 1 or 2 nights. I definitely can't do that.

[quote name='Stimes']So this pass includes the $1.99 games? With the mail pass you can only check out the $.99 games.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I rented out Phineas and Ferb and it was marked 1.99.

I'm trying it out for a month, I figure I can exchange games/movies on my way home from school. The game selection was pretty good at my BBV. I ended up getting Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I am really tempted to do this as I still have a BBV 1/4 mile from my house. I don't know how it survived all the store closings but there it still stands. I'd dump the disc service from Netflix and switch to this. It will cost a little more that way, but I'd have new movies without the 30-day waiting period at Netflix plus access to games of course.

There are no restrictions on movie/game rentals, right (other than one-at-a-time obviously)? And it works for blu-ray? Another plus if so, as I never ponied up the $2 additional for blu-ray rental from Netflix ;).

Is the offer per calendar month, or does it run from your start up date? In other words, is the $7.50 intro offer just for September or does it run 30 days from when you sign up? If it is September, clearly I'd want to sign up now. If not, I'll wait a few weeks while I get some older things via Netflix before shutting them down.

Isnt this the pass you needed for the Tivo that could stream it or something? Or is that something different.

My local BBV offered this deal for 7.49 for the first month, so I jumped on it. You can't cancel until after two weeks, but I might keep it past the promotional price. Redbox can suck it now.

you can cancel anytime you want its just they would prefer that you not cancel as soon as you sign up as that is something that they keep track of.

There are no restrictions on movie/game rentals, right (other than one-at-a-time obviously)? And it works for blu-ray? Another plus if so, as I never ponied up the $2 additional for blu-ray rental from Netflix ;).

correct, works on anything we rent in the store. its 30 days from whenever you sign up.

The fact that normal game rentals (without Game Pass) dropped down to 1.99 in price is excellent (its only for ONE DAY but the option is great) and much, much better then $10 like it was previously. I like the idea of the Game Pass's lower price, but it really just ends up being similar in pricing considering the normal rental prices are much lower now too.

Nonetheless, these price drops save people money!

[quote name='nateeasy29']Wait game rentals are only $1.99 at blockbuster?[/QUOTE]
1.99 a day for new releases and .99 a day for older releases.

I called my local BBV and they said the game pass was still $21 something and said they didn't hear anything about it being lower. So is this just for certain areas? I'm in Georgia

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']The fact that normal game rentals (without Game Pass) dropped down to 1.99 in price is excellent (its only for ONE DAY but the option is great) and much, much better then $10 like it was previously. I like the idea of the Game Pass's lower price, but it really just ends up being similar in pricing considering the normal rental prices are much lower now too.

Nonetheless, these price drops save people money![/QUOTE]
That's the same price as renting from a Redbox. Redbox is probably more convenient unless you're looking for old games

They probably had to lower cause of RB too

[quote name='sqix']I called my local BBV and they said the game pass was still $21 something and said they didn't hear anything about it being lower. So is this just for certain areas? I'm in Georgia[/QUOTE]

It started yesterday(ish) so it's quite possible they are not quite caught up with the new program. This should be everywhere.

Hawaiiboy, thanks for the help with responses...sorry you are having to slightly tend to two threads, I am just real pumped for this deal (my local BBV keeps busy and has a good selection of games - not to mention a plethora of stuff coming out in the next few months).

[quote name='Wario64']That's the same price as renting from a Redbox. Redbox is probably more convenient unless you're looking for old games

They probably had to lower cause of RB too[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know its the same price as renting from Redbox, and it also ends up being the same price as paying $10 for the rental (for 5 days). The thing is that it gives you the option to keep it for 1 day if you want and you save a lot of money that way.

[quote name='paulwekiva']It started yesterday(ish) so it's quite possible they are not quite caught up with the new program. This should be everywhere.

Hawaiiboy, thanks for the help with responses...sorry you are having to slightly tend to two threads, I am just real pumped for this deal (my local BBV keeps busy and has a good selection of games - not to mention a plethora of stuff coming out in the next few months).[/QUOTE]

QFT on the first paragraph. This should be a permanent price drop (at least for a while), as should the $1.99 and .99 rentals.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']pass is only good at the store you purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that changes everything. I have two right next to me, but they each have different selections.

I think I'll go with the Total Pass for $10/month, but I still confused on how the game rentals work with this plan. The new terms (http://www.blockbuster.com/corporate/termsAndConditions) haven't been updated to reflect the plan's changes since the whole Netflix thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Pass for this month. Good till October 4th. $7.99! So damn happy about this cause my blockbusters gets games in before Tuesday release. This will be my go to now since it's only about 10 minutes from me.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']they dont have that option anymore. they have the 2 out kids pass for $9.99 which includeds kids/family games.[/QUOTE]
Do they have an one out at a time kids plan? If so how much is that? I will mostly be renting wii games for my kid.

I think I'll go with the Total Pass for $10/month, but I still confused on how the game rentals work with this plan.

there is no total pass for $10 a month. its a combo pass for $7.49 for the 1st month and $14.99 a month thereafter. its not that difficult. you can rent ANYTHING in the store 1 out at a time. you can exchange an item 10 times a day if you want or hold 1 item for 30 days it doesnt matter.

Do they have an one out at a time kids plan? If so how much is that? I will mostly be renting wii games for my kid.

1 OUT $4.99
2 OUT $9.99
3 OUT $14.99

now this on only good on kids/family catalog or library titles. no new releases. you can also rent any kids/family game with this pass.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']there is no total pass for $10 a month. its a combo pass for $7.49 for the 1st month and $14.99 a month thereafter. its not that difficult. you can rent ANYTHING in the store 1 out at a time. you can exchange an item 10 times a day if you want or hold 1 item for 30 days it doesnt matter.[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. I'm not talking about the in-store pass that's discussed in this thread. I'm talking about the $10/month Total Access pass (https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/m/plan/c.helloblockbuster/pt.helloblockbuster/r.hp) that was promoted in the Netflix price increase.

No, no, no. I'm not talking about the in-store pass that's discussed in this thread. I'm talking about the $10/month Total Access pass (https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/m...ockbuster/r.hp) that was promoted in the Netflix price increase.
oh ok got ya. you can exchange the envelope for any $.99 game rental (older catalog games). there is no incentive to exchange it for a new release $1.99 game as you would still have to pay the $1.99 daily rental rate.

if you have a bbv near you the in-store pass is the way to go as you also get 1 free online movie per month as long as you keep the in pass store as an added bonus.

This seems like a better deal doesn't it? Once you receive your first disc you can do unlimited store exchanges on anything.

no, because you have to wait for you next mailer to exchange it for something in store.

bread's done
Back