Blockbuster rent 1 game get another rental free

[quote name='ikaden']I think it's $9 or $10 to rent a game for a few days.[/QUOTE]

damn that's pretty high price. I haven't rented anything at blockbuster since the early playstation 2 days lol nearly a decade. Back then I think it was like 5 something for 1 game rental.

[quote name='Casteor']^

I don't go to Blockbuster anymore since they're a huge ripoff.[/QUOTE]

Why do you even bother posting?

It's $9 for a week. It's been awhile since I've rented something, but that's the last price I remember seeing on their sign. I guess it's worth $4.50 for 2 games, especially if you're able to beat one you were thinking about spending $60 on.

As far as I can tell, you post so that you can crap on each and every thread you "contribute" to. Do you add anything of value?

Watch the new terms on VG rentals at some stores. They are 5 day rentals and unlike movies they now charge an additional daily rental fee from day 6 to 10 at which point it transitions into a purchase just like movie and video games used to do. You can return the game within 30 days and get a refund minus $1.25 but they also now keep that additional daily rental fee (the receipt didn't say what the new fee was since I rented a movie) Yet another reason while I will stop using BB and go Netflix/Playon

[quote name='bg2001']22 bucks a month for 1 out at a time isn't too bad (monthly pass).[/QUOTE]

Thats a bad deal considering gamefly charges 22.95 plus tax for 2 at a time. But I guess you have the ability to go to the store at blockbuster.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']Thats a bad deal considering gamefly charges 22.95 plus tax for 2 at a time. But I guess you have the ability to go to the store at blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly is junk. I've given them 3 chances by now and for some reason I'll probably give them another but every time I try it out I remember why I absolutely hate the service.

[quote name='ShardZ']^ that reason being...?[/QUOTE]

You sit forever on anything newer waiting for it to ship. Now I know you can play your cards right to increase your odds but I don't want to send back a game earlier than I wanted just to have an open slot before a new release came out. You shouldn't have to play into any system for a service you are paying for. I want to love gamefly, I really do. The idea of a rental based service instead of dropping all this money for new games is fantastic and I love their used game sales so the gamefly rewards are a big plus. This is what I always tell myself and end up trying the service again and again. But really even though I want it to work out it just doesn't seem worth it once I'm actually paying for it. So while you end up waiting for something to ship in the mean time your subscription is becoming useless because you have no games in hand to play during the wait time.

That's where blockbuster pulls ahead. I've almost never had any problem finding newer released games at a blockbuster and even if you can't find what you're looking for, pick up something else to play that night, call back in the morning and see if the game you wanted is returned. At least you have something to play while waiting.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']damn that's pretty high price. I haven't rented anything at blockbuster since the early playstation 2 days lol nearly a decade. Back then I think it was like 5 something for 1 game rental.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dino88']Why do you even bother posting?

It's $9 for a week. It's been awhile since I've rented something, but that's the last price I remember seeing on their sign. I guess it's worth $4.50 for 2 games, especially if you're able to beat one you were thinking about spending $60 on.[/QUOTE]
In Houston, it's $8 a game. This wasn't too bad when they didn't charge late fees. Now they got around that by charging $1 for every day after it's due. But $4 a game for 5 days is not bad....think I will take advantage of this deal; if they have anything I see I like.

[quote name='kklems']Watch the new terms on VG rentals at some stores. They are 5 day rentals and unlike movies they now charge an additional daily rental fee from day 6 to 10 at which point it transitions into a purchase just like movie and video games used to do. You can return the game within 30 days and get a refund minus $1.25 but they also now keep that additional daily rental fee (the receipt didn't say what the new fee was since I rented a movie) Yet another reason while I will stop using BB and go Netflix/Playon[/QUOTE]

Take a close look at your receipt. Some parts of the country it's only 10 days to bring it back after it sells. I'm just glad my Blockbuster online started doing games through the mail so I don't have to worry about dealing with Gamefly, and I get all the newest releases guaranteed!!

bread's done
Back