Blockbuster store clearances have started! YMMV of course

Sito

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Didn't see a thread on this yet-

Just drove past 2 Blockbusters on my way home and each one of them had big "STORE CLOSING CLEARANCE- THIS STORE ONLY" banners outside. Haven't stopped in yet, but plan to tomorrow.

Two locations I know of thus far:

South Burlington, VT- Wiliston Rd
South Burlington, VT- Shelburn Rd

Yeah one near me closed last week. Couldn't sell the games though, they had to "send them back". Not sure to the publishers or corporate.

Prices were about average, even on the used stuff. Though I only looked at blu ray.

Same in Miami, FL. There's one by me that has had those signs up for a while. Discounts have not increased any in over a month.

Been to about 4 "closing stores" in the area.

Just another horrible liquidation as far as I've seen.

Whopping 15% their insanely high used prices for games that are in awful shape and you see piles of people actually paying it.

Heavenly sword that's been through a sand blaster for $15?! HELL YES!

Some stores have actually gone down a bit more in price but everything sells out way too early. Many of them simply close without ever reducing the game prices to a deal level.

The other blockbuster thread has some pricing for a few things, but most of the good deals were gone during their sales months ago.

They can return new games to the publisher for credit, so I'd be surprised if they had a sale on them . . . but we can hope.

The only one left near me says they are not closing (but what do they know right?) I will just keep checking...

For those of you with closing stores FYI:

In case you didn't know, the prices continue to drop as the closing gets closer. The prices start at 10%-15% off but by the end they will be 70%-95% off. It's all about waiting until that right moment to snatch that game up. Wait too long and someone will beat you to it. Buy it too soon and you don't get the right price. Also, preowned DVDs go for like $1 on the last day and the store fixtures (Which are also on sale) are perfect for media storage.
[IMG-L=5939]10983[/IMG-L]

The one that was closing around here which I stopped in also removed all the games from the store before the clearance, they likely just ship them off to another store that is remaining open. The prices on the DVDs were ludicrous, used DVDs at higher prices than what I could get them for at Amazon or Wal-Mart new.

My local blockbuster is closing and they have all their games 40% off. I grabbed Spiderman Shattered Dimensions for $17.99. The strategy guides however were only 10% off.

[quote name='spmahn']The one that was closing around here which I stopped in also removed all the games from the store before the clearance, they likely just ship them off to another store that is remaining open. The prices on the DVDs were ludicrous, used DVDs at higher prices than what I could get them for at Amazon or Wal-Mart new.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy... the one I went to had all DVDs $4.99, Blu-Rays $6.99, TV show sets $13.99.

Maybe the prices will go down when it gets closer to the closing date. The one I went to is closing April 10.

bread's done
Back