Blockbuster Summer of gaming:3 Month Unlimited Gaming Pass $50

Medium_Pimpin

CAGiversary!
I think you get 2 rentals at a time, no late fees and no return dates.
Regular Price: $19.99 a month
You Save: $9.97

Im sure you could rent every game in the store once if you had enough time. Im thinking of picking it up to tide me over till halo 2 and Doom 3 come out.

I have so many of my own games that I need to beat, I probaly won't want to do this.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']I think you get 2 rentals at a time, no late fees and no return dates.
Regular Price: $19.99 a month
You Save: $9.97

Im sure you could rent every game in the store once if you had enough time. Im thinking of picking it up to tide me over till halo 2 and Doom 3 come out.[/quote]

Its only 1 game at a time and bb usually has awful selection especially if everyone takes advantage of this. Another plus is that you can only use the store you got the card from.

Are you sure it's two games at once? It's normally only one game at a time on the $19.99 plan.

I tried it once with a coupon for $5 off and by the end of the month I was pretty tapped out for games. It was good for the $15 but I can't see spending $50.

a while ago when they first introduced the Game freedom pass like back in 2002 when i first got my Xbox they had 20 bucks a month with 2 games at once. It was great but now it sucks because you only get 1 at a time and 50 bucks is a whole new game which im gonna need during the mad winter season of gaming

[quote name='murcielago77']a while ago when they first introduced the Game freedom pass like back in 2002 when i first got my Xbox they had 20 bucks a month with 2 games at once. It was great but now it sucks because you only get 1 at a time and 50 bucks is a whole new game which im gonna need during the mad winter season of gaming[/quote]

Your not gonna use 50 on one game right???

This si a great deal especially if you live close to the BB you are getting it with. I calculated that i saved myself over a thousand bucks in games I may have bought using this last summer. I am like 2 miles from the store and one day i even swapped out games three times

I currently have the Game Freedom Pass for $20 a month and I love it. I've rented so many games with it. I might do this deal since it will save me $10.

Yeah they changed it to one game a time. Got mine friday. I like this card because if you rent a game and get stuck or is too hard, you don't have it sitting there until you have to bring it back, you can just go and exchange it.

[quote name='Togepy']I currently have the Game Freedom Pass for $20 a month and I love it. I've rented so many games with it. I might do this deal since it will save me $10.[/quote]

Yeah, I wonder what happens to people like us who have the $20 a month plan. We got served.

I was thinking on canceling and just going Gamefly anyway.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Are you sure it's two games at once? It's normally only one game at a time on the $19.99 plan.

I tried it once with a coupon for $5 off and by the end of the month I was pretty tapped out for games. It was good for the $15 but I can't see spending $50.[/quote]

I dont know, i did it last summer, and it was 2 games, maybe they changed thier policy.

The BB by me never has enough copies of the good games and people on these plans kleep the games forever. I can see if there was a backlog of older games you wanted to rent how it would work out good though.

I work at Blockbuster...and I'll tell you...if you have a Game Pass, it's almost a better deal to just cancel and jump onto the Flip Card (the name of the 50 bucks for 3 months deal). They're both one game at a time, though. It really depends on the selection your store has.

The real deal is the new Movie Pass. 25 bucks a month and you can have two movies out at a time. Might be good for those few minutes a day you aren't gaming. :)

[quote name='bowsernieb']I work at Blockbuster...and I'll tell you...if you have a Game Pass, it's almost a better deal to just cancel and jump onto the Flip Card (the name of the 50 bucks for 3 months deal). They're both one game at a time, though. It really depends on the selection your store has.

The real deal is the new Movie Pass. 25 bucks a month and you can have two movies out at a time. Might be good for those few minutes a day you aren't gaming. :)[/quote]

movie pass isn't really that good a deal..i can sign up with netflix and get a much much larger selection of movies and tv shows.. ballbuster only carries a few select tv shows

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Togepy']I currently have the Game Freedom Pass for $20 a month and I love it. I've rented so many games with it. I might do this deal since it will save me $10.[/quote]

Yeah, I wonder what happens to people like us who have the $20 a month plan. We got served.

I was thinking on canceling and just going Gamefly anyway.[/quote]

you should definately give gamefly a shot. If your BB is anything like mine, the game selection is really lacking. Based on my two week free trial with gamefly, i was very happy with them.

Yeah, I did the gamer's freedom pass the first summer they introduced it, and it was ok, except that every time I went in, there were only, like, 5 games left, and two were the ones I just brought back.

I've been a member of Gamefly since Sep. of last year, and I love it. They get almost every game that comes out, most of them are usually in stock, and the deals on buying them used are pretty good, since they're usually in nearly new condition anyway. I'd recommend Gamefly to anyone.

However, if you don't have a credit card, the BB thing isn't too bad. I guess it mainly depends on your store.

Hollywood Video just came out with their own version. It's $20 a month with one rental at a time. I was seriously thinking of getting this since my BB is on the other side of town and my HV is close and has a lot of games.

My only fear would be not having enough time to play the games to justify paying the monthly fee.

Currently, I hardly rent at all. I figure, why spend $4-$5 on a game when I can go buy a next-gen game for just a bit more than that.

bread's done
Back