Blockbuster Total Access Adds Video Games

freezedried74

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Taken from SD.

Starting December 19, 2006, Blockbuster Total Access (online) will start giving customers 1 free video game rental each month.

1. Members will be able to exchange online movies for titles at their local bb store for no charge beginning Nov 2nd. (online mailer/movie will work like a coupon).
2. Members will also receive 1 in store coupon every month for a free movie OR video game (even during free month).

[quote name='Damian']Damn...I thought that meant that the Total Access system would work with games. This doesn't really have anything to do with Total Access. BB used to give two coupons a month good for movies/games before they changed to movies only.[/QUOTE]

Well they still do if you never switched. I'm on the old plan that gives 2 games or movies a month.

[quote name='doubledown']The movies are NOT supposed to be removed from your queue until the warehouse receives them.[/quote]

That's fine and dandy except on the 3 out at once program they won't let you have more than 6 movies out at a time, even if you've already returned all 6, at least in my experience. So, when 6 movies I'd returned to the store 7-14 days ago were still in my queue, the system wouldn't ship me any more games. I had to report them as returned to get them to send me any new discs.

[quote name='Rictor']That's fine and dandy except on the 3 out at once program they won't let you have more than 6 movies out at a time, even if you've already returned all 6, at least in my experience. So, when 6 movies I'd returned to the store 7-14 days ago were still in my queue, the system wouldn't ship me any more games. I had to report them as returned to get them to send me any new discs.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... sounds like you are having some real problems. Possibly with the store not shipping the movies back. Luckily I haven't had any problems and they report them as physically received the next day usually just like if I mailed it own myself.

[quote name='Indiana']Well they still do if you never switched. I'm on the old plan that gives 2 games or movies a month.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's my point. This is new people getting something worse than what longer term members already have. That's why I was disappointed. The title led me to believe that the Total Access program (return a mail in movie in store for a free rental) would be expanded to games.

[quote name='doubledown']The movies are NOT supposed to be removed from your queue until the warehouse receives them.[/QUOTE]

im sick of blockbuster not sending the stuff out so i started to take out all of the movies in my Queue as soon as i drop them off.

I returned movies but havent cleared my Q yet is what i report them

hell if they cancell my account for using it too much i will just say they told me to do it ( cause that is what they told me to do when i called for the 8th time bitching nothing is shipping)

if they cancell my account i just go back using the 100 hollywood video free movie/game coupons i got off ebay last summer

[quote name='slidecage']im sick of blockbuster not sending the stuff out so i started to take out all of the movies in my Queue as soon as i drop them off.[/QUOTE]
That doesn't make any sense. You can't remove the movies that show as Shipped, and if you remove everything else in your queue they won't have anything to send you.
They'll send more movies out the next day after they scan them in at the store regardless of what your queue shows. I've had 6 movies showing as Shipped on my 3 out plan before because I've returned 3 of them to the store and 3 more have been shipped but the first 3 haven't reached the warehouse yet.
Stop playing games with the system, you're not helping anything and only have the potential to screw up more people.

Thanks OP again, didn't use my current month's coupon so I just printed it out today after they added the games. Going to be able to rent a Wii game today when I drop off my current mail rentals for some free in-store movies.

[quote name='Damian']That doesn't make any sense. You can't remove the movies that show as Shipped, and if you remove everything else in your queue they won't have anything to send you.
They'll send more movies out the next day after they scan them in at the store regardless of what your queue shows. I've had 6 movies showing as Shipped on my 3 out plan before because I've returned 3 of them to the store and 3 more have been shipped but the first 3 haven't reached the warehouse yet.
Stop playing games with the system, you're not helping anything and only have the potential to screw up more people.[/QUOTE]

i was told to do this again today by the people on the phone. They was not sending out the movies even after being reported back in the store for 3+ days. I return movies sunday i never got nothing shipped till Thursday or later

they said there is something wrong with my account and they can not remove the movies until they get them back in hand and the spot does not free it self up.

if you get a movie DVD in-store; do you have to return it to that store, or could I return it to another store and get my next movie from there?

[quote name='testikleez']if you get a movie DVD in-store; do you have to return it to that store, or could I return it to another store and get my next movie from there?[/quote]

When you return a movie that you received in the mail to a store, it acts as a "coupon" of sorts to give you a free in-store rental. If you use it, and rent a movie from the store, you should just think of it as a regular in-store rental. This means it would need to be returned to the store that you rented it from, and it needs to be returned in time or else they will charge you like they would if you did a normal in-store rental.

I just use my free rental to get 360 Rainbow Six: Las Vegas. It's a 5 day rental but since there are no late fees---it will be an eleven day rental for me.

[quote name='dragonxxiv']I just use my free rental to get 360 Rainbow Six: Las Vegas. It's a 5 day rental but since there are no late fees---it will be an eleven day rental for me.[/QUOTE]

i would watch my credit card bill to make sure they dont charge you. I had a game and it was late 2 days. I get a phone call saying the the game was never return. even though it was

[quote name='dragonxxiv']I just use my free rental to get 360 Rainbow Six: Las Vegas. It's a 5 day rental but since there are no late fees---it will be an eleven day rental for me.[/quote]

Actually, it will cost a total of $1.25 to rent a game for 41 days:

5 day rental +
7 day "no late fees" grace period +
29 days "plus $1.25 restocking fee" reverse sale.

Though slidecage is right, you get charged the "Own It" price on your credit card but it is refunded (minus the $1.25 fee) when you return your game.

Same with free rental movies.

[quote name='OzCatter']When I went in today, they had no idea about it, so I hope that they get the memo soon[/quote]

You have to print the coupon from Blockbuster.com's website. Go in to your account page and there is a link for the coupon.

All I am saying is make sure to remember that BB is the king of reneg'ing on deals. If they ever get a leg up on Netflix, they will drop all these perks.

Anyone remember "No more late fees!"...

They are shady.

if you were a member back when they did 2 coupons and resign up will you get 2 coupons again? *is puzzled by this thread*

[quote name='scrapdawg02']Actually, it will cost a total of $1.25 to rent a game for 41 days:

5 day rental +
7 day "no late fees" grace period +
29 days "plus $1.25 restocking fee" reverse sale.

Though slidecage is right, you get charged the "Own It" price on your credit card but it is refunded (minus the $1.25 fee) when you return your game.

Same with free rental movies.[/quote]
It doesn't cost exactly $1.25 because after the 7 days "no late fee" period, they charge you the full amount of the game minus the rental price. If you return it within the next 29 days, they will refund the charged amount in "STORE CREDIT" minus the $1.25 restocking fee.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Anyone remember "No more late fees!"...
They are shady.[/QUOTE]
How is "no late fees" shady? And why would I have to "remember" it since it hasn't gone anywhere?

[quote name='GrayWolf323']if you were a member back when they did 2 coupons and resign up will you get 2 coupons again? *is puzzled by this thread*[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='dragonxxiv']It doesn't cost exactly $1.25 because after the 7 days "no late fee" period, they charge you the full amount of the game minus the rental price. If you return it within the next 29 days, they will refund the charged amount in "STORE CREDIT" minus the $1.25 restocking fee. [/quote]
http://www.blockbuster.com/stores/membershipTerms
The membership terms say you get back a "credit". It doesn't necessarily say store credit. It could be read to mean you get your money back. Are you sure it is store credit only? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I wanted to make sure because I thought I remember my brother returning a movie he had been charged for and receiving his money back.

I don't really know. I just guess it would be store credit because otherwise people would just exploit the "no late fee" program. Maybe I'm wrong.

Starting December 19, 2006, Blockbuster Total Access (online) is giving customers 1 free video game rental each month plus the first month is Free.

Use promo code 1944TA

Facts:
1. Offer changes to 2-week trial beginning Jan 15 2007. 3 movies out at a time.
2. Members will be able to exchange online movies for titles at their local bb store for no charge beginning Nov 2nd. (online mailer/movie will work like
a coupon).
3. Members will also receive 1 in store coupon every month for a free movie OR video game (even during free month).
4. Only $17.99 per month after the 1st month.
5. As soon as the online movies are exchanged at the store the next movies in your que will ship as well. YES YOU WOULD THEN HAVE 6 MOVIES
AT ONCE WHEN THE ONLINE TITLES ARRIVE!!
6. OFFER GOOD TO 1ST TIME BB ONLINE USERS ONLY.
Here is an article posted on Yahoo: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061219/datu004.html?.v=85

Happy Holidays!

[quote name='Pratt75']Can you rent out three games at once?[/QUOTE]

NO, you cannot use the envelope to rent a game...only a DVD. You can only use the in-store COUPON (that you have to print out) to rent a game....1 per month for new subscribers.

[quote name='leilarichards7']Starting December 19, 2006, Blockbuster Total Access (online) is giving customers 1 free video game rental each month plus the first month is Free.

Use promo code 1944TA

Facts:
1. Offer changes to 2-week trial beginning Jan 15 2007. 3 movies out at a time.
2. Members will be able to exchange online movies for titles at their local bb store for no charge beginning Nov 2nd. (online mailer/movie will work like
a coupon).
3. Members will also receive 1 in store coupon every month for a free movie OR video game (even during free month).
4. Only $17.99 per month after the 1st month.
5. As soon as the online movies are exchanged at the store the next movies in your que will ship as well. YES YOU WOULD THEN HAVE 6 MOVIES
AT ONCE WHEN THE ONLINE TITLES ARRIVE!!
6. OFFER GOOD TO 1ST TIME BB ONLINE USERS ONLY.
Here is an article posted on Yahoo: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061219/datu004.html?.v=85

Happy Holidays![/QUOTE]
1944ta works. Got my free rental today. Awesome.

1991ta IS A CODE THAT CAN BE USED TO GET:

1 FREE MOVIES ONLINE
2 FREE MOVIES IN STORE
3 FREE GAMES
4 FREE SHIPPING

--- ALL FREE FOR A MONTH ---

IF YOU LIKE NETFLIX, YOU'LL LOVE THIS. CHEAPER & FASTER TURNAROUND ON MOVIES

JUST GO TO BLOCKBUSTER.COM
CLICK ON FREE TRIAL
AND ENTER THE CODE AND INFORMATION

LET ME KNOW IF THIS DOESN'T WORK AND I HAVE SOME OTHER CODES

EMAIL [email protected]

TO ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS

1. THE CREDIT BACK REFERS TO YOUR CREDIT CARD GETTING REFUNDED THE MONEY TO YOUR CARD...NOT STORE CREDIT

2. ONLY 1 GAME PER MONTH IS AVAILABLE AS A FREE INSTORE RENTAL

3. THEY ARE NOT ENDING THIS PROMO ANY TIME SOON WHICH IS A RUMOR OUT THERE

CODE 1991ta WORKS

bread's done
Back