Blockbuster Total Access Free Month w/ Games

baz82

CAGiversary!
By using the promotion code erewards1mspecial you get 4 weeks of Blockbuster Total Access for free. Normally the free trials are for only 2 weeks plus this promo codes gives you 3 movies/games out at a time.

https://www.blockbuster.com/signup/m/plan/

User promotional code erewards1mspecial
Add games!

I was never given the option to put in a promotional code. Sent them an email to sort it out. Thanks though.

Is this more than one time use?

I'll just try for myself in like 20 mins and check.

• The promo code you entered is not valid. In case you have a gift code, please click here to redeem your gift subscription.
=(

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure to select 'Have a Promotional Code' near the 19.99 Free Trial option. You enter erewards1mspecial in that box and select 'Start Free Trial'

I just tried it again with success

So are new release games not released by Blockbuster when they are actually released? I looked up Enslaved and Force Unleashed II and both won't be shipping until next year. So lame!

Here's what I love/hate about Blockbuster game rentals. They wont have Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 until next February. They won't have Fable 3 until next February. newer games are expected months after they are released. Will blockbuster even still be around next year?

Also how does their shipping speed compared to Netflix/Gamefly? and can I turn in a game to a Blockbuster store and have them count that as sent in?

Just coming back to say blockbuster responded to my email about being unable to find where I put the promotional code in. What they did was add the month long trial on to my two week trial so now I have a six week trial. Pretty cool for a messup on my part.

I was expecting them to just say sorry, read more thoroughly next time. Or at best make my two week trial a month long one. Good on ya Blockbuster. It's a shame your rental selection is so god awful.

[quote name='ohram']Just coming back to say blockbuster responded to my email about being unable to find where I put the promotional code in. What they did was add the month long trial on to my two week trial so now I have a six week trial. Pretty cool for a messup on my part.

I was expecting them to just say sorry, read more thoroughly next time. Or at best make my two week trial a month long one. Good on ya Blockbuster. It's a shame your rental selection is so god awful.[/QUOTE]

lol the selection really is terrible =)

Having done my trial, here are my two cents:

If you're considering paying after the trial for the game rentals, don't do it. I spoke to one of the Blockbuster clerks, and she said new games are not available for rent online until about 2 -3 months after the release date. This is to encourage in-store rentals. However, even if you have Total Access, you pay for a DISCOUNTED game rental (normally ten bucks-ish for five days, but discounted to five bucks) in store. Overall the online selection is pretty sparse, and I never actually received any of the games during my trial period.

Now for movies, I do actually like the options available. They get their movies on the release date (not like Netflix, which is a month after for most popular titles), and five in-store exchanges is great. It's all included with the price. I live in the Bay Area, and the turnaround time for the mailed movies is the same as Netflix.

However, ultimately I chose to keep Netflix since it's cheaper and I get the streaming movies. If the gaming options were better, it would've been a tougher decision for me...

[quote name='pscloud']However, even if you have Total Access, you pay for a DISCOUNTED game rental (normally ten bucks-ish for five days, but discounted to five bucks). Overall the online selection is pretty sparse, and I never actually received any of the games during my trial period.[/QUOTE]

I'm a tiny bit confused by this part, renting a game with my trial will still cost money, or am I just reading it wrong?

EDIT: I think I caught what was confusing me. Instore rentals cost money, but do online game rentals?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pscloud']Having done my trial, here are my two cents:

If you're doing this for the game rentals, don't do it. I spoke to one of the Blockbuster clerks, and she said new games are not available for rent online until about 2 -3 months after the release date. This is to encourage in-store rentals. However, even if you have Total Access, you pay for a DISCOUNTED game rental (normally ten bucks-ish for five days, but discounted to five bucks) in store. Overall the online selection is pretty sparse, and I never actually received any of the games during my trial period.

Now for movies, I do actually like the options available. They get their movies on the release date (not like Netflix, which is a month after for most popular titles), and five in-store exchanges is great. It's all included with the price. I live in the Bay Area, and the turnaround time for the mailed movies is the same as Netflix.

However, ultimately I chose to keep Netflix since it's cheaper and I get the streaming movies. If the gaming options were better, it would've been a tougher decision for me...[/QUOTE]

there is quite a few games avaliable its just most of them are not good. I managed to find a few and I am pretty sure they'll be here in plenty of time for me to play them.

[quote name='ohram']I'm a tiny bit confused by this part, renting a game with my trial will still cost money, or am I just reading it wrong?

EDIT: I think I caught what was confusing me. Instore rentals cost money, but do online game rentals?[/QUOTE]

You're correct - Instore rentals cost money, but the online rentals are all part of your Total Access cost (no additional charge)

And can you cancel this online, or am I going to have to call?

And damn, I wish I had known about this earlier. My bank account was just charged $16 from GameFly for only 1 game at a time. And I'm not exactly requesting anything new.

bread's done
Back