Blockbuster: Used Xbox 360 Guitar Hero II Controller - $39.99

jgressley

CAGiversary!
**Update: I purchased the controller today and it rang up for $39.99+tax, not $44.99 as I originally posted. Some trade-in values, too:
  • Crackdown (360) = $32
  • DOA 4 (360) = $19
  • Full Auto (360) = $15
  • WSOP (360) = $15
  • Fuzion Frenzy 2 (360) = $15
  • Wii Play (Wii) = Don't accept
  • DDR 2 and DDR 3 (Xbox) = $9.50 each.
Not a super-awesome deal, but since the Xbox 360 Guitar Hero II controllers are scarce to find without buying the full game I figure someone may benefit from this.

Needed:
  • Blockbuster online membership with free game rental coupon*
  • Blockbuster (prob. Gamerush) that rents the guitar controller
Do:
  • Rent the Guitar controller using the coupon
  • Inspect the receipt and check the price for controller ($44.99)
  • Test the controller at home to be sure it's to your liking
  • Pay $39.99 + tax to Blockbuster to keep ($42.99 total for me)
*The online membership is not necessary but paying $7.99 to rent the controller reduces the benefit of the deal.

Every retailer ive been to has the stand alone 360 guitar for less than $50. So, kind of a weak deal unless you've got credit to burn.

that's not true. the retail price for the stand-alone controller is $59.99. since it is selling very well, no retailer would have any incentive to offer a sale price on this.

[quote name='Bezerker']Every retailer ive been to has the stand alone 360 guitar for less than $50. So, kind of a weak deal unless you've got credit to burn.[/quote]

Where have you seen it for that price? I've been to at least 8 Gamestop/EB stores and a couple FYEs. None of them are selling the controller alone, and they very, very rarely get one in used if at all. (For the record, if you are lucky enough to find a used Xbox 360 Guitar Hero II controller at Gamestop they sell for $39.99...)

I have yet to see a 360 GH standalone controller in any store anywhere...and I have also called around and even EBGames say they don't carry it.

I got desperate and bought a whole other package because my buddy who is working on GH3 came to visit and there was no way we weren't going to play co-op. I gave him the game, since he can probably borrow a controller from work.

bread's done
Back