Blood Bowl (360) $15 @ BB, YMMV

keyed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I bought Blood Bowl last month for $30 with the Best Buy Gamer Zone coupon.
On Wednesday, I saw (1) Blood Bowl blue dotted (50% off) in the bargain bin and (2) a printed Best Buy sign in the 360 isle that Blood Bowl was on sale this week for $30.
I successfully price-matched it down to $15.

Make sure the $30 sale sign is there as Blood Bowl was still pulling up at $50 in the computer.

I'll have to check this out tomorrow. Blood Bowl got pretty mediocre reviews for brutal AI, but I do love me some Warhammer. Even if it is a sports game within a fantasy table-top strategy game.

Recommend if you like meaty board games. The translation to a digital format is pretty solid (I've only played the PC version; one of these days I'll get around to playing my 360 copy) and the underlying game is great. Check BoardGameGeek if you want reviews of the actual game from people who routinely play and enjoy complex board games (unlike the vast majority of video game reviewers)...

If you're an experienced Blood Bowl player, the AI only really uses one tactic and is a little too easy, even on hard. Also don't expect a lot of online play with the 360 version. Last time I tried it was a complete ghost town....

PC version is definitely the better version, but 360 version is still pretty solid (DS version is absolute TRASH). Totally worth $15.

Can't wait for Legendary Edition.

[quote name='Flexei']If you're an experienced Blood Bowl player, the AI only really uses one tactic and is a little too easy, even on hard. Also don't expect a lot of online play with the 360 version. Last time I tried it was a complete ghost town....

PC version is definitely the better version, but 360 version is still pretty solid (DS version is absolute TRASH). Totally worth $15.

Can't wait for Legendary Edition.[/QUOTE]
I rented Blood Bowl when it came out and played with a friend. We both had played the board game before and it's a lot of fun, but playing the AI on 360 sucked because it was too easy and the game is so barebone in terms of presentation and features. It's really the BG without any of the set up and for $15 it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the table top game.

[quote name='Flexei']If you're an experienced Blood Bowl player, the AI only really uses one tactic and is a little too easy, even on hard. Also don't expect a lot of online play with the 360 version. Last time I tried it was a complete ghost town....

Can't wait for Legendary Edition.[/QUOTE]

I am not an experienced player, last time I played b4 I got the PC version was 1995. The AI is still pretty easy and my Skaven usually win with no problems.

The game is terrible. For the CAG BBers out there you can play on FUMBBL.COM. They have all the teams. It is still LRB 4 rules which is kind of old but the basics of the game are the same. I play online with the PC version against friends but there is only 9 of the 21 teams and one of the teams is Goblins so they arent even competitive. Also the new edition for the PC comes out in October I think and it is not backwards compatible with this version.

Has this game gotten any better at all? I did the closed beta test on the PC and found it very blah,but have been looking for a new sports game lately.

bread's done
Back