BloodRayne.....The Movie

Journey

CAGiversary!
Here we go again.............I liked this movie more when it was called Blade....... :wink:

Ben Kingsley will play the vampire Kagan, the evil ruler of an army of bloodsuckers, in an upcoming film adaptation of the video game BloodRayne, opposite Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines), the Associated Press reported. Set in 18th-century Romania, the film chronicles the adventures of a half-vampire, half-human who has the super strength of a monster but the emotions of a person, the wire service reported.

Loken will play the heroine, who must overthrow Kingsley's character—who is also her father—in order to save the world from the living dead. The $47 million movie is set to begin filming in Romania later this month, according to video-game publisher Majesco, which released the game, the wire service reported.

The BloodRayne video game debuted in 2002, and a sequel is set for release this October.

I just don't get it - lets pretend that this is an alternate universe where video game moves DON'T suck 99% of the time and ask why take a game and change the story? If I wanted to see a Blood Rayne movie I'd want to see it based on the story I've played. Not some other story that's only connection is the name of the character. Now for comic book movies or even a movie based on a long series of games I understand the need to make the story accessable to non readers/gamers. HOWEVER there is only one Blood Rayne game (2 is out on halloween), with only one story line, so why change it?

First a Driver film, now a Bloodrayne movie? WTF? Who is greenlighting this crap? Metroid I can understand, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Halo and Metal Gear are announced as films, but BloodRayne? At least they probably didn't have to pay a lot for the license.

I believe the guy in charge also did House of the Dead, with that said I know the movie will stink, me seeing it will be based on how much cleavage is shown.

[quote name='Fatesealer']There's still hope for that Tetris movie...[/quote]

oh yes, and a pac man, and a nice one called Pong

[quote name='mousin'][quote name='Fatesealer']There's still hope for that Tetris movie...[/quote]

oh yes, and a pac man, and a nice one called Pong[/quote]

And hopefully Shaq-Fu!!

It can't be worse than what they did to Super Mario Brothers. What the hell were they thinking?

Oh, and I almost forgot about the awful Street Fighter movie. I wish I could...

[quote name='MetroidFan1164']It can't be worse than what they did to Super Mario Brothers. What the hell were they thinking?

Oh, and I almost forgot about the awful Street Fighter movie. I wish I could...[/quote]

I only just now got out of treatment for Street Fighter intervention and then you bring this up... gah... ::downing a Sierra Mist on the rocks::

[quote name='rebenns']First a Driver film, now a Bloodrayne movie? WTF? Who is greenlighting this crap? Metroid I can understand, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Halo and Metal Gear are announced as films, but BloodRayne? At least they probably didn't have to pay a lot for the license.[/quote]

Hey that E.T. game that came out on Atari 2600 way back in the day would make a kick ass film... oh wait...

I could of sworn on the Universal Studios tram ride they guide said thousands of scripts get sent to Hollywood everyday but only a few make it into movies..

I just finished playing BloodRayne this weekend. The storyline for the game is terrible. I can't imagine the movie being much better.

Still, It can't be worse than Tomb Raider - or maybe it can be???

[quote name='Renzokuken']http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383222/

Oh boy Uwe Boll...[/quote]

diebolldie.gif
[/img]

He's already on board for a movie adaptations of FarCry and Alone In The Dark as well. It's like some inverse property. The worse a movie is recieved by it's target demographic, the more oppurtunities the person who is responsible for said shittiness is given to fuck things up even more. Guess what kids! Crime does pay. And Uwe here stands to make a killing.

nope - it says "this october" - that's like a month and a half filming and post-production schedule . . .

That's fast moving - like diarrhea on film.
EDIT - Duh, I didn't read it right - the game sequel is coming this October. I'll grab it for $5 at CC when it drops in November.

on the IMDB, it says 2005. and I rememebr back in the day when this was fist posted (i posted it second.), so this is somewhat old news.

i liked the game, but Uwe Boll totally trashed HOTD, so i'm kinda scared about what he's doing to this movie. on the other hand, there are real actors and a real studio involved with this movie, so they won't put up with his "rotating camera" shit, and hopefuly they hired a decent AD to make up for the slack that Uwe will most likely cause...

[quote name='Renzokuken']I could of sworn on the Universal Studios tram ride they guide said thousands of scripts get sent to Hollywood everyday but only a few make it into movies..[/quote]

Yeah, it seems like the shittier the script, the greater its chances it will be made into a multimillion dollar Hollywood movie. And video game movies are a cop out. Basing a movie off a video game requires no imagination or originality whatsoever...the video game developers already did that hard work. I can see why lazy Hollywood producers are so keen on snapping video game franchises for movie adaptations.

bread's done
Back