[Blu-Ray] Amazon.co.uk: Planet Earth BluRay 5-Disc BBC Edition - $48 CAD

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Planet-Earth-Complete-BBC-Blu-ray/dp/B000SKNIWE/

This is the BBC version and has 5 discs. Region-Free. It adds to cart for less than listed price due to reduction of VAT I believe. After shipping it's about $48 Canadian.

The Discovery Channel one has a different narrator, less content, and is at a lower resolution.

The BBC version found in US and Canada has 4 discs instead of 5. I'm not entirely sure why. Hopefully someone can shed some light on that.

Will not arrive before Christmas under the cheapest shipping.

That's a great price for this series on Blu-ray. I was about to pay 80$ for it last week, but Boarders (a US retailer - like Chapters) ships to Canada and reduced the price of their HD DVD boxsets to 10$US. I got the HDDVD version for a little over 19$CAD shipped.:D Still a great deal at that price.

They'll let you ship it here?

I remember in the past, you couldn't buy DVDs from the .com or .co.uk sites, because they weren't allowed or something. Has that changed?

great find i already posted on other site but just confirming here it does work for 48 canadian

and some people on other site have already bought it from amazon.uk and said its come through fine customs free

firestorm u r the best! I have been looking to get this on blue ray. Around April 2009 they are releasing a theatre version of this playing at a theatre near you.

The final price of the set alone (minus VAT) is £18.23 (~$32.84 CAD), with shipping at £3.08 (~$5.55 CAD). Really sweet deal. Thanks again Firestorm!

I just paid 25.23 pounds which is about $45 shipped. Still a good deal, considering I paid $100 for the American version. I'll see if I can't get $40 for the american version on eBay.
~S

Has anyone had any problems receiving their Blu-Ray's from Amazon UK? I'm primarily worried about dislodged discs and whatnot. Thanks!

edit: balls, price went back up...serves me right for hesitating.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an awesome deal. I ripped them onto dvds and they look like uttertrash compared to how it looked like when I first saw it on tv. (recorded it to a vhs and then converted to a dvd). Thanks for the deal. Now gotta go find a sub200 bluray player.

[quote name='grumpygrunt']That's an awesome deal. I ripped them onto dvds and they look like uttertrash compared to how it looked like when I first saw it on tv. (recorded it to a vhs and then converted to a dvd). Thanks for the deal. Now gotta go find a sub200 bluray player.[/quote]Watch for the next time the Sony BDP-S350 drops to that price.

Ordered friday recieved it on the following wednesday 5 days earlier than expected. I'm sure this is an extremely informative show, but my eyes were so overwhelmed by the beauty of the picture I think my other senses cut out for bit. The two bonus episodes on the 5th disc of the region 2 set (Desert Lions and Snow Leopards) both look awesome as well. Thanks OP, Well Worth the $40.

Against better judgement, I made an order for this set. It went from 49 per cent off to 50 per cent off earlier today; while that wasn't the reason that pushed me over, it was a nice bonus. I should be able to pick this up from the post in about 3 weeks. :D

Awesome! Just ordered it for £24.80 shipped! XE says about $45, so I'm happy =D

Just got a PS3 and this is the perfect Blu-ray to get me started.

Skardee: I'd recommend Wall*E for your bluray player in addition to that since the movie is pure cane sugar for the eyes.

[quote name='poiuiu']Skardee: I'd recommend Wall*E for your bluray player in addition to that since the movie is pure cane sugar for the eyes.[/quote]
Let's not forget Band of Brothers;) (If you're into that sort of thing)

I ordered this it was about 45 CND shipped, came Canada Post, perfect condition, no extra fees! and I'm about 3/4 of the way through all 5 disks (this has an extra Disk the US version doesn't have) and it's just stunning I can't just sit down and watch 1 episode, I just want more! Mind you I have a PS3 and a 46" 1080P Sharp with a wicked 5.2 surround sound system, so that helps add to the awesomeness of this set, if you want to see the wonders of the world and wonder how they got certain amazing never before seen shots of the earth I highly recomend it!

My box containing a planet arrived in pristine condition however I had to pay 11 bucks for customs. ERGH! Still better than 100 after tax tho. :)

bread's done
Back