Blu-ray Anime Deal Thread you see a Blu-ray Anime deal then post it here

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm hoping for a good deal on Akira Bluray! $35 if too much for me, lol.[/QUOTE]

A 40% to 50% off Coupon from Borders is your best chance.

[quote name='VANDALHEART']Only bad thing is that it's a bare bones blu ray.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I think I might just stick to the DVD for this one, as much as it pains me to say that. The lack of any of the extra features from the DVD is bad enough, but no 5.1 mix? That's just ridiculous. The worst part is that the Japanese blu-ray release does have the 5.1 mix in Dolby TrueHD (but no English subtitles, alas), so an HD audio master does exist for it. :bomb:

[quote name='arcane93']Seriously. I think I might just stick to the DVD for this one, as much as it pains me to say that. The lack of any of the extra features from the DVD is bad enough, but no 5.1 mix? That's just ridiculous. The worst part is that the Japanese blu-ray release does have the 5.1 mix in Dolby TrueHD (but no English subtitles, alas), so an HD audio master does exist for it. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The video transfer is really really nice. And although it is pcm 2.0 the sound does really well if you have a receiver that will try to upgrade it for you. At 11.99 I don't regret getting it one bit and I have the series on original "sessions" dvd release, the Anime Legends edition, the DVD version of the movie and an import version on DvD as well.

bread's done
Back