Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

[quote name='TheRock88']Ah, thanks.

So I'm guessing Dark Knight wont work. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Some people already have TDK in hand...hoping to get mine from Warner in the next few days.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']hahaha i feel bad for those who paid more than 100 bucks for that set on hd dud. Poor souls :(
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GizmoGC']Since they were able to sell them for far more then $100 after I doubt that.

Have we had any comparisons between the two or are we already in the assume mode that the BD is better? Because I'd be more then happy to point to several releases where the HD DVD remains superior - even though it came out first.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sporadic']No, I totally regret importing Band Of Brothers and Equilibrium.

Here I wasted $110 and only got $240 in return. Boy am I a dumbass :lol:[/QUOTE]

The verdict is in:
HD DVD is still superior :lol:

The BD has some DNR added to it...comparisons between the DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1085043

[quote name='GizmoGC']Wrong.

Speed Racer (IIRC) was their last release that would not work the iPod (they later fixed this anyway). Get Smart, for example, works with iTuns (instructions inside the case). Warner will be doing a Digital Copy with 90% of all Day and Date titles for now on. They have their reasons why.[/quote]

Warner WAS only compatible with non ipod, theyve changed after get smart. Forgot, since I didnt get a review copy of get smart for some odd reason, never cared enough.

New line however is still not compatible, nor have they said anything in the future.

Your generally not converting the video but getting the video from a regular DVD onto your computer. At least that is the way it worked with Rambo. My laptop does not have a bluray drive but the digital copy came via a DVD. As to why one would want to view it on a 3 inch screen? Oh maybe to pass the time on a bus ride, train ride, place ride etc. etc.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Why would someone convert a blu ray movie for use on a 3in. screen... ? xD

It's like putting 92 premium gas in a Geo Metro.[/QUOTE]

I am trying to decide if I should get Kung Fu Panda on Blu ray or DVD with the Secrets of the Furious Five. I like blu ray but hate to miss out on the extra

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']
New line however is still not compatible, nor have they said anything in the future.[/QUOTE]

Journey to the Center of the Earth, a Newline title, had a DC that is compatible with the iPod family.

[quote name='62t']I am trying to decide if I should get Kung Fu Panda on Blu ray or DVD with the Secrets of the Furious Five. I like blu ray but hate to miss out on the extra[/QUOTE]

Secrets of the Furious Five is only like 24 min long .
Check the back of the package to confirm .

[quote name='Richlough']Secrets of the Furious Five is only like 24 min long .
Check the back of the package to confirm .[/quote]

Wow, they were advertising that like it was a full feature film.

[quote name='synergy3000'] As to why one would want to view it on a 3 inch screen? Oh maybe to pass the time on a bus ride, train ride, place ride etc. etc.[/quote]

Yes, I know. That's obvious, but why use a blu ray? It's not like quality is going to be better and it will take forever to convert it.

Alright, I got my replacement of Barack in and...

THIS ONE STILL DOESN'T fuckING WORK :bomb:

AnyDVD reads this one but my drive is still making horrible whining noises while trying to read it and it doesn't play.

fucking ridiculous. I blame it on that horrible eco packaging bullshit since Band Of Brothers and Firefly both work.

Looks like I'll be stuck getting a refund and passing on this movie all together.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Journey to the Center of the Earth, a Newline title, had a DC that is compatible with the iPod family.[/QUOTE]

Well then thats great to hear, I never ordered that movie, just assumed since it was new line it wasnt compatible like the last few.. Harold/Kumar.. etc.

Got both of these today....

Jarhead includes both commentaries and My Scenes. Missing everything else (deleted scenes, fantasy sequences, interviews etc.)

Kingdom looks like it has everything from the HD DVD. The Mission Dossier: Surveillance is noW a U-Control feature. Oh, missing the Web-Enabled content...though not sure of Kingdom had any but it mentions it on the HD DVD case. Oddly enough, this shows the running time as being a minute longer then the HD DVD...

[quote name='GizmoGC']Got both of these today....

Jarhead includes both commentaries and My Scenes. Missing everything else (deleted scenes, fantasy sequences, interviews etc.)

Kingdom looks like it has everything from the HD DVD. The Mission Dossier: Surveillance is noW a U-Control feature. Oh, missing the Web-Enabled content...though not sure of Kingdom had any but it mentions it on the HD DVD case. Oddly enough, this shows the running time as being a minute longer then the HD DVD...[/quote]

No kingdom to my knowledge never had anything on hd dvd for web content.. it was released around christmas time but nothing ever happened.

Maybe bluray has a minute longer credits? Theres no unrated version or extended version on dvd.

The HD DVD for the Kingdom mentionsthe HD DVD portal website...probably just like BD-Live on many titles...just trailers and whatnot.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Can't believe that there were no good deals on Tropic Thunder...might have to hit up DeepDiscount with their 25% off thing.[/quote]

Free t shirt at best buy or free poster at FYE.. yeah nothing really.

My best buy had maybe 2 copies AT MOST of 3 disc blu ray of WALL-E Left.. but over 200 cubes left.

"minimum 50 per store" screwing ad -_-V

Minimum = At least

That means that they can always have more, but don't chew them out if they only get 50.

The shirt at Best Buy is crap...I have some movies to trade a DVD planet, maybe I'll just wait till I get the credit from them, if not I'll take the DD route.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Free t shirt at best buy or free poster at FYE.. yeah nothing really.

My best buy had maybe 2 copies AT MOST of 3 disc blu ray of WALL-E Left.. but over 200 cubes left.

"minimum 50 per store" screwing ad -_-V[/QUOTE]

You mean you don't want an ugly XXL T-Shirt? :lol:

[quote name='GizmoGC']You mean you don't want an ugly XXL T-Shirt? :lol:[/quote]

yeah, sorry best buy im not a 400 pound fat ass that needs a double XXL t-shirt.. @_@ Im not jack black.

I remember when I ran a video game store...every promotional shirt was either XL or XXL. It was funny giving an XXL shirt to a 95 pound, 13 year old boy. Guess that size is the gamer demographic :lol:

[quote name='GizmoGC']I remember when I ran a video game store...every promotional shirt was either XL or XXL. It was funny giving an XXL shirt to a 95 pound, 13 year old boy. Guess that size is the gamer demographic :lol:[/quote]

yeah im not that big my BOOTY actually SWEATS.

get it? I used the tshirt terms.. me funny.

Regarding the digital copy/iTunes movies that comes with some movies: Are they tied to your hardware or your Apple Store account? I'm putting them on my laptop right now (iTunes on Mac), but I'm probably gonna get a Mac desktop soon. Will it allow me to do the download onto the desktop as well with the same code?

I waited until 8 pm last night to try and get the 3 disc version of wall e (with the digital copy). That was a mistake. Neither best buy or target had it, so ended up snagging one of 2 copies left at Fry's. I didn't anticipate it selling near that fast.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Regarding the digital copy/iTunes movies that comes with some movies: Are they tied to your hardware or your Apple Store account? I'm putting them on my laptop right now (iTunes on Mac), but I'm probably gonna get a Mac desktop soon. Will it allow me to do the download onto the desktop as well with the same code?[/QUOTE]

With the iTunes, it's a download from the store. I would assume that you would be able to authorize another computer just like music.

When I bought Wall-E I was told it had a $3 off coupon for Prince Caspian. I haven't opened it yet but has anyone else seen it in their copy?

I spoke to someone at best buy yesterday and he said the blu-ray shipment of wall-e won't be in til friday. Some best buys got their shipments, others didnt.

[quote name='neocisco']When I bought Wall-E I was told it had a $3 off coupon for Prince Caspian. I haven't opened it yet but has anyone else seen it in their copy?[/QUOTE]

Nothing in mine

[quote name='neocisco']When I bought Wall-E I was told it had a $3 off coupon for Prince Caspian. I haven't opened it yet but has anyone else seen it in their copy?[/QUOTE]

My review copy did not have it (3 disc version)

[quote name='neocisco']When I bought Wall-E I was told it had a $3 off coupon for Prince Caspian. I haven't opened it yet but has anyone else seen it in their copy?[/quote]

That's a no on my 2-disc copy as well.

I was thinking this would be the result. There's nothing on the packaging indicating a coupon so I didn't really have my hopes up. Thanks for the responses, everyone.

[quote name='rahxephon01']Wtf got my 3 disk Wall-E but no Digital Authorization code inside the package?[/quote]

it should be on the very first insert at the bottom of it i think.

If anyone got Tropic Thunder...do yourself a favor and watch the commentary with the cast. It was quite possibly the best/funniest commentary I've ever heard in a long ass time. I could not stop laughing.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Ugh.. I just started watching "MEET DAVE" with eddie murphy.. my first movie Giz.. its sooo awful.. I wanna jump out of the window.[/QUOTE]

Puh-lease :cool:. You know what I just got? The Longshots! Can't wait to pop that stinker in... :lol:

Also got Lost Season 4...so not all is bad :)

Speaking of Lost...

Got my S4 Blu-ray today...and just as I expected, Disney changed the outer box. Gone is the nice hard cardboard style case with velcro and instead we get a simple slipcase. Sigh. Getting tired of the studios changing the way the slip cases look compared to other sets/movies (POTC, Smallville, Saw films etc.)

Went and picked up 27 Dresses (and A Room With A View HD DVD) as Xmas presents for my wife. Bought them used ($12.99 & $5.99).

Got home, and he gave me a brand new 27.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Puh-lease :cool:. You know what I just got? The Longshots! Can't wait to pop that stinker in... :lol:

Also got Lost Season 4...so not all is bad :)[/quote]

u suck... i wanted lost season 4 damnit lol :)

and no, longshots>meet dave. TRUST ME. this is worse than pluto nash.

[quote name='oemor']MastaGamer is it true the commentary by the actors are in character?[/quote]
Only Downey JR. it is pretty hilarious if u ask me.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Sorry dude :lol:

Would you like The Cheetah Girls?[/quote]

Hell yeah. You see the one girls pics online? Boooooing.

Ill take that one :)

You should uh.. let me snag lost season 4 off of you when ur done.. wink wink paypal wink wink reduced price wink wink

[quote name='GizmoGC'] This Weeks Releases for November 18th:

-Becket
-Carlin It's Bad for Ya'
-Dreamboat Annie Live
-Flesh for The Beast
-Fred Claus
-GUNNIN FOR THAT #1 SPOT
-Hall & Oats Live
-Hancock
-Live From Madison Square Garden
-Meet Dave
-Ricky Martin Live Black & White Tour
-Shadow: Dead Riot
-Space Chimps
-Superman - Doomsday
-Talento De Barrio
-Talk to the Hand[/QUOTE]

Also two Jimi Hendrix titles and a B.B. King came out.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Hell yeah. You see the one girls pics online? Boooooing.

Ill take that one :)

You should uh.. let me snag lost season 4 off of you when ur done.. wink wink paypal wink wink reduced price wink wink[/QUOTE]

Lost is my favorite show so its staying with me. But Amazon has it pretty cheap right now ($50).

bread's done
Back