Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

Does anyone know much about the Digital copy that comes with some Blu Ray movies?

Is there a time limit as to when it will expire?

Is there a limit on how many devices you can put it on?

Thanks

[quote name='gmsisko1']Does anyone know much about the Digital copy that comes with some Blu Ray movies?

Is there a time limit as to when it will expire?

Is there a limit on how many devices you can put it on?

Thanks[/quote]

Time limit - its roughly a year til they expire and the code is invalid.

Limit on devices - no, not to my knowledge.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Time limit - its roughly a year til they expire and the code is invalid.[/quote]

Seriously? wow... ghey. Maybe I should try to sell my digital copes then. :roll:

I don't know if this has been answered yet but is it a site or a list somewhere of all the Blu-ray with Digital Copy somewhere? I just was wondering because I have four at the moment and my girl wants to add to the movies on her laptop so I'm trying to focus on buying movies that feature this.

So is the Total Recall Blu really that bad? I was about to get of my DVD copy and upgrade but then read some of the reviews...sounds like a horrible transfer. Some even said if you have a good upconvert DVD player (which I do) to just stick with that...so is that the consensus?

[quote name='lawdood']So is the Total Recall Blu really that bad? I was about to get of my DVD copy and upgrade but then read some of the reviews...sounds like a horrible transfer. Some even said if you have a good upconvert DVD player (which I do) to just stick with that...so is that the consensus?[/quote]

Yes, yes it is. I wouldn't take the Total Recall Blu-ray for free, you couldnt pay me to watch it again based on quality of the video.. its awful man. I almost recommend seeing it just to see how bad it is lol.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Seriously? wow... ghey. Maybe I should try to sell my digital copes then. :roll:[/quote]

They actually go for a few bucks. Some of them require the extra disc, some do not ( i know some like 10,000 BC do not)

I wonder how 2010 is on Blu Ray.. I have my walmart copy I got for 14, but worried it might be a bad transfer (like short circuit). I know this release had NO real extra's for the 25th anniversary...not even a tribute to Roy S. :(
It would have been nice for a director's commentary or visual effects bts, but over all it's a great movie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder how 2010 is on Blu Ray.. I have my walmart copy I got for 14, but worried it might be a bad transfer (like short circuit). I know this release had NO real extra's for the 25th anniversary...not even a tribute to Roy S. :(
It would have been nice for a director's commentary or visual effects bts, but over all it's a great movie.[/quote]

It's done very well, it's a HUUUUGE leap over the pos DVD. You'll be pleasantly surprised if you've ever seen the horrible crap that was the DVD

Not sure if this is the right place, but I have a question about Blu-ray.com.

I'm searching through the site, and apparently Collateral (Tom Cruise, Jamie Foxx) is going to be released sometime in 2009, but there is no other info.

I do remember searching for Collateral in that site in the past, but it wasn't even in the database. So I guess that movie was announced to be released recently? Any info on this? How reliable is that site?

[quote name='shivaedge']Not sure if this is the right place, but I have a question about Blu-ray.com.

I'm searching through the site, and apparently Collateral (Tom Cruise, Jamie Foxx) is going to be released sometime in 2009, but there is no other info.

I do remember searching for Collateral in that site in the past, but it wasn't even in the database. So I guess that movie was announced to be released recently? Any info on this? How reliable is that site?[/quote]

Tons of movies have been announced, but we dont know the date until its actually given to websites. WIthout tech specs, the date for a movie such as Collateral can happen at any point.

For example, amazon listed today entries for hot Fuzz/Shaun of the dead, yet no announcement was made. It means that we will see them at SOME Point, we just dont know when :(

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']So to anyone who's seen the wrestler..

Damn she gets naked a lot.. and the ending is.. sigh?[/quote]

Marisa Tomei has a newfound fondness for getting naked. Along with The Wrestler there's Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, right in the opening scene and that's just for starters.

[quote name='neocisco']Marisa Tomei has a newfound fondness for getting naked. Along with The Wrestler there's Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, right in the opening scene and that's just for starters.[/quote]

I noticed. I heard it was only like one scene, but damn theres like 10.

24 Season 7 Blu-Ray details were officially revealed the other day. Blu-Ray is scheduled for a May 19th release, the day after the season finale of Season 7. I have never seen a TV show come to DVD the day after it finished the season, but I am not complaining. Can't wait to see this in 1080p, and TRUE HD 5.1 sound.

1458049.jpg

*Warning, there are spoilers about Season 7 in the details of the Blu-Ray. Read at your own risk*
Spoilers are within the spoiler tags.

Article taken from: TVShowsonDVD.com
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/24-Season-7/11656

OFFICIAL FOX PRESS RELEASE, for those who can't access the links.

24 -Official Fox Press Release for the 7th Season on DVD & Blu-ray
6-disc set available in both standard and high-def formats on May 19th
Posted by David Lambert
4/09/2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

THE WAIT IS OVER AS JACK BAUER RETURNS
FOR HIS MOST ASTONISHING DAY YET

SEASON SEVEN

Highly-Anticipated Emmy® Award-Winning Series Returns
With An All-New Action-Packed Season
On Blu-ray Disc For The First Time Ever And DVD May 19
From Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment

CENTURY CITY, Calif. - Get ready to get addicted again with another heart-pounding, nail-biting thrill ride when "24" Season Seven arrives for the first time ever on high-definition Blu-ray Disc and DVD May 19 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. The countdown starts over as Jack Bauer (Emmy® Award winner Kiefer Sutherland) is thrust back into action in a new city, with a new role and a new enemy to bring down. Set in Washington, D.C., Jack is under investigation for his "high crimes" during his time at CTU as a mysterious new threat is attempting to take the government down. As the race against the clock escalates, Jack is forced to take matters into his own hands, working with old friends and new allies to once again protect the country. Featuring stunning performances by returning-from-dead cast member Carlos Bernard ("Tony Almeida"), Mary Lynn Rajskub ("Chloe O'Brian"), James Morrison ("Bill Buchanan"), Carlo Rota ("Morris O'Brian") and
Elisha Cuthbert ("Kim Bauer")
, new faces emerge including comedian-actress Janeane Garofalo (The Truth About Cats & Dogs, Ratatouille) and two-time Tony Award-winner Cherry Jones, as the first female President of the United States.

Fans can experience the long-awaited return of the nonstop adrenaline-charged intense thriller only "24" on Blu-ray Disc and DVD can bring, loaded with special features including deleted scenes, commentaries and featurettes. The "24" Season Seven Blu-ray Disc will be available for the suggested retail price of $69.99 U.S. and the DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $49.98 U.S. On DVD & BD, you control the clock!!

"24" Season Seven Synopsis:
Set in Washington D.C., for the first time, the season opens four years after Season Six with the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) dismantled and Jack on trial for all his "misconduct" at CTU. Jack's day takes an unexpected turn when the government is threatened and his expertise are needed once again.

Blu-ray Disc Specifics
The "24" SEASON 7 Blu-ray disc is presented in widescreen format with English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio and includes English, French and Spanish subtitles. Disc content and bonus feature details are listed below.

Disc 1
Episode 01: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Episode 02: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Episode 03: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Episode 04: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer/Director Jon Cassar and Carlos Bernard
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer Manny Coto, Co-Executive Producer Brannon Braga and Carlos Bernard
The Fimucité Festival Presents: The Music of 24

Disc 2
Episode 05: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Episode 06: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Episode 07: 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Episode 08: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Commentary by Executive Producer/Director Jon Cassar and Annie Wersching

Disc 3
Episode 09: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Episode 10: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Episode 11: 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Episode 12: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Commentary by Executive Producer David Fury and Hakeem Kae-Kazim
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Commentary by Executive Producer Manny Coto, Co-Executive Producer Brannon Braga and Annie Wersching
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Commentary by Co-Executive Producer/Director Brad Turner and Tony Todd

Disc 4
Episode 13: 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Episode 14: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Episode 15: 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Episode 16: 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM Commentary by Co-Executive Producer/Director Brad Turner, Composer Sean Callery and James Morrison
9:00 PM - 10:00 PM Commentary by Executive Producer Juan Carlos Coto, Annie Wersching and Bob Gunton

Disc 5
Episode 17: 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Episode 18: 1:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Episode 19: 2:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Episode 20: 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM
1:00 AM - 2:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer Howard Gordon, Carlos Bernard and Jeffery Nording
Hour 19: The Ambush

Disc 6
Episode 21: 4:00 AM - 5:00 AM
Episode 22: 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM
Episode 23: 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Episode 24: 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
5:00 AM - 6:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer Evan Katz, Mary Lynn Rajskub and Glenn Morshower
6:00 AM - 7:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producer David Fury, Co-Executive Producer Alex Gansa and Glenn Morshower
7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Commentary by Executive Producers Howard Gordon and John Cassar
Deleted Scenes with Optional commentary by Co-Executive Producer Stephen Kronish and Producer Paul Gadd:
*Jack Talks About His Daughter
*Colonel Dubaku Sends a Message
*Larry Confronts Sean
*President Taylor Recites Her Message
*Jack Helps Henry Until the EMTs Arrive
*Chloe disseminates Dubaku's Files
*Agent Walker Tells Kim that Jack is Sick
*Kim Visits Her Father
*President Taylor and Tim Woods Discuss the Emergency Response Protocols
*Tony Drags Jack
*President Taylor Doubts Herself
*The Contingency Plan is Revealed
*Agent Walker Orders that the Suspect be Transported back to FBI
*Tim Worries About President Taylor
24-7: The Untold Story

DVD-Specific Special Features:
The "24" SEASON 7 standard DVD is presented in widescreen format with English 5.1 Dolby Surround as well as French and Spanish Dolby Surround and includes English, French and Spanish subtitles. The DVD contains all the same content and bonus features listed above.

[quote name='neocisco']Plus she's 44 and doesn't look anywhere near it, body or face.[/quote]

There are a few jokes about her age at the start that made me chuckle, she must be a good sport to put up with them. Most women I know who had that stuff said to them woulda decked the people saying it LOL

Did anyone get an email from Warner Bros. about their Blu-Ray Rewards? Basically you buy 5 of their select BRs and get 1 free. The deal lasts from April 2009 to April 2010. I just signed up. Here's the link.

If anyone has bought a WB BR this month, did it have an insert with a code in it? I'm curious what code you enter on the website since I recently bought Troy (Director's Cut) from them but haven't opened it yet since I don't have a BR player yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cleaner7']Did anyone get an email from Warner Bros. about their Blu-Ray Rewards? Basically you buy 5 of their BRs and get 1 free. The deal lasts from April 2009 to April 2010. I just signed up. Here's the llink.

If anyone has bought a WB BR this month, did it have an insert with a code in it? I'm curious what code you enter on the website since I recently bought Troy (Director's Cut) from them but haven't opened it yet since I don't have a BR player yet.[/QUOTE]

It's not all their BR's only selected ones that they include on that website. So far I think Yes Man is the only one that's out yet.

I hope more shows take that cue from 24 and release their DVD set fairly shortly after the finale of that season airs, it sucks having to wait months after the season finale of a show ends to either catch up or re-watch the episodes when they release so close to when the next season begins.

[quote name='gunm']The Wrestler is out next week? Nekkid Marisa Tomei, here I come! Pun intended?[/quote]

There is a ton crap of nudity, so have fun with that. Pun intended!

[quote name='dg7md']I hope more shows take that cue from 24 and release their DVD set fairly shortly after the finale of that season airs, it sucks having to wait months after the season finale of a show ends to either catch up or re-watch the episodes when they release so close to when the next season begins.[/quote]

I agree. Im pissed off at lionsgate for waiting like 5-6 months to release weeds season 4 on blu-ray.. although its going to coincide rather soon with the fifth season, it still blows.

I stopped watching 24 after the first few episodes...not by choice, damn DVR killed an episode...I never caught up...might as well just get the Blu-Ray and watch it in all it's glory.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']There is a ton crap of nudity, so have fun with that. Pun intended!

I agree. Im pissed off at lionsgate for waiting like 5-6 months to release weeds season 4 on blu-ray.. although its going to coincide rather soon with the fifth season, it still blows.[/QUOTE]

Same deal with MAD MEN except it's closer to a YEAR inbetween when the series aired and when the BD/DVD will be available!

The Wrestler was good, I disliked the ending a bunch.. I watched it on DVD so there were no extra features. I'll probably pick it up on Blu next week.

[quote name='Scorch']The Wrestler was good, I disliked the ending a bunch.. I watched it on DVD so there were no extra features. I'll probably pick it up on Blu next week.[/quote]

Um.. there are extras.. two of them

Music video for "The Wrestler" and a lengthy feature about the film..

Actually this will be the last we see of Terminator.. it was just canceled :(

Stupid fox, they kill off a good show by moving it from monday to friday.. I wouldnt be surprised if Dollhouse doesn't make it to season 2 :(

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Um.. there are extras.. two of them

Music video for "The Wrestler" and a lengthy feature about the film..[/quote]

The copies sent out for rental don't have any special features, chief.

[quote name='Scorch']The copies sent out for rental don't have any special features, chief.[/quote]

Oh thats right, Fox is one of the studios sending out DVD's with no special features in an attempt to get people to buy their DVDs rather than rent them.. lol...

[quote name='Scorch']Yep. Glad I get free rentals.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, have you heard anyone complain about the no special features? Or any funny stories about it @_@

I work at Game Crazy. I don't deal with customers renting at Hollywood Video. I just get free rentals from there since GC is like a sister company.

[quote name='TheRock88']Cant wait for Chuck S2, hope the visuals dont have the same problems as the first season's release.[/QUOTE]

Chuck S1 Blu has looked fine on both my HTPC (via Corel WinDVD) and my LG BH200. No green tint that others have commented on.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Oh thats right, Fox is one of the studios sending out DVD's with no special features in an attempt to get people to buy their DVDs rather than rent them.. lol...[/QUOTE]

I thought I read in Video Business that they were stopping this partly due to their big mixup with sending the wrong copies of Slumdog's DVD to Amazon.

Looks like amazon did an early match on BB's price of The Wrestler. Was $25.99 for the past few days.

BTW ice2: Terminator:SCC hasn't been confirmed as officially canceled yet. I think we'll know for sure this week, though.

[quote name='gunm']Looks like amazon did an early match on BB's price of The Wrestler. Was $25.99 for the past few days.

BTW ice2: Terminator:SCC hasn't been confirmed as officially canceled yet. I think we'll know for sure this week, though.[/quote]

Its gonna happen. The ratings have been horrible for it since it moved to Friday from Monday. Plus from what I read its not the cheapest show to shoot... so if I were betting on it Id say yes.. :(

[quote name='gunm']Well finally! But...ouch:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance[/quote]

Yeah, for some reason ppl create threads on this rather than talk about it here.. Ill never understand why :(

Theres no way thats gonna sell at that price.. Id personally wait til it hits below 150 to even think about it.

Remember when Lost Season 3 on Blu was like $35 shortly after its release?

There's always deals if you wait :)

Or get a movie reviewing website to hire you and ask for that one ^_^

Went ahead and preorder The Wrestler and Sin City on Blu-Ray from Amazon, I ordered the X-Men Trilogy a week or so ago when it was $49. I ended up paying only $5 or so out of pocket since I had a lot of credit on Amazon.

There's always deals if you wait

Or get a movie reviewing website to hire you and ask for that one ^_^

I think with a price tag like that review copies of that box set are going to be very, very hard to come by....and given how stingy Universal has become sending out review product, I'd say they may not be sending out any copies of it whatsoever.

Either way, I ain't payin' for it. $244 (with the "discount") is obscene!!! lol.

There's a separate thread for BSG on Blu? Unless it's for a sale/deal, then I don't think it's necessary either.

I just got some credit for Amazon myself, so maybe I'll pick up Sin City and The Wrestler now as well.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I think with a price tag like that review copies of that box set are going to be very, very hard to come by....and given how stingy Universal has become sending out review product, I'd say they may not be sending out any copies of it whatsoever.

Either way, I ain't payin' for it. $244 (with the "discount") is obscene!!! lol.[/quote]

yeah I mean why would universal want reviews of their product.. no one ever pays attention to those.. like who blows 200+ on a movie before reading a few reviews on it... @_@

[quote name='DestroVega']I would like to write movie reviews on a site... how would I go about that?[/quote]

Dunno, see if your college/high school paper will hire you to do it. That usually works (its how I started).. then go from there!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Dunno, see if your college/high school paper will hire you to do it. That usually works (its how I started).. then go from there![/quote]

I'm 29... I actually was the editor of the Entertainment section of my college paper at UConn.

I could email a few places I guess.

Try local papers to build up your clips. I had no experience writing (well, I wrote things, but you know what I mean)...no college paper...no high school paper...nothing. I was able to get some freelance work, though, and nearly got a full-time position a few times.

bread's done
Back