Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
It came up like it was going to print, then acted like I had entered a unique code and said it had been redeemed already or something like that. And I actually own the version that qualifies--I'm gonna be pissed if SD/whatever broke this for me since I guess this is the only way you get credit for the upgrade. . .

i cant find the original either but this will bring it down to 10 bucks right? its almost hard to turn down for that price

There is a stickied coupon thread at the top, it's in there. These things also tend to end up in their own threads as well, due to people not reading the DVD/Blu-Ray coupon thread.

1st code didn't work, 3rd one did. I knew about this thanx to the coupon thread but thanks for your effort OP. I don't think alot of people venture into the coupon thread to check current things out

EDIT: says I alreaedy printed this coupon twice!?!?!?!?

went to print off the disney coupons. Chihuahua for the kid, Alice for the fam (which said i already printed twice...bulll!!) and found an $8 coupon for the secretariat movie my wife wants to see.

[quote name='shadowkast']1st code didn't work, 3rd one did. I knew about this thanx to the coupon thread but thanks for your effort OP. I don't think alot of people venture into the coupon thread to check current things out

EDIT: says I alreaedy printed this coupon twice!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I'll try to print it and scan it for you because I dont need to use it. Pm me if you want me to.

i'm getting the same thing with two different accounts saying ive already printed it too many times...wtf

Wondering if that just means the coupon isn't entirely active yet.

I am going to try some different UPC codes and see what I can get (that is if I have any of them....time to scrounge through the media closet!)

Disney posted on the FB page that they were having "technical difficulties" with the Alice coupon...

"Please know we are looking into the problem with the Alice coupon. We'll let you all know as soon as we have a fix in place!"

[quote name='micmonmel']Disney posted on the FB page that they were having "technical difficulties" with the Alice coupon...

"Please know we are looking into the problem with the Alice coupon. We'll let you all know as soon as we have a fix in place!"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I am getting the already printed error too.

[quote name='gravel']There is a stickied coupon thread at the top, it's in there. These things also tend to end up in their own threads as well, due to people not reading the DVD/Blu-Ray coupon thread.[/QUOTE]

I think the idea of having a "Coupon" thread with all the coupons randomly posted throughout the thread (mine is now on page 10, mixed inwith everyone's comments about other coupons) is a really terrible way to organize this.
Can anyone explain to me why this is a good idea? I think this is an absolutely ridiculous way to have to search for these coupons.
And also - can anyone explain to me why this is a better idea than just putting up the coupon in a regular thread?
I'm just saying - this is really stupid.

[quote name='chuckstaton']I think the idea of having a "Coupon" thread with all the coupons randomly posted throughout the thread (mine is now on page 10, mixed inwith everyone's comments about other coupons) is a really terrible way to organize this.
Can anyone explain to me why this is a good idea? I think this is an absolutely ridiculous way to have to search for these coupons.
And also - can anyone explain to me why this is a better idea than just putting up the coupon in a regular thread?
I'm just saying - this is really stupid.[/QUOTE]

I think the idea was, to have the OP update the first thread with all current coupons. Having said that, if you just follow along in this thread you are usually kept up to date with all coupons and deals associated with them.

M

Lots of decent coupons for blu-rays on coupons.com today. $5 off The Wrestler, $3 off Juno, $10 off Alien Anthology, $3 off Patton + more that might be useful to someone if they haven't been mentioned already.

[quote name='javeryh']OK, so now that the $10 Alice coupon is live where is the cheapest B&M place again?[/QUOTE]
I am really wondering what TRU's price is going to be. With the $5 off when you reserve Bambi it seems like it may end up being the best place, but I have not seen an advertised price yet.

[quote name='javeryh']OK, so now that the $10 Alice coupon is live where is the cheapest B&M place again?[/QUOTE]

As of right now it would be BB. It's $19.99 at BB with the coupon it'll come out to $9.99. I doubt TRU will have a cheaper price then BB and I would go the Bambi route but I don't feel like canceling there and going through the headache of that place.

I was able to do the Amazon deal back in Nov. when you preordered Bambi and got $10 off price of that. Plus they have the offer if you combined it with another Disney movie you got an additional $10 off.

So getting both for around $25 and I'm ok with that.

[quote name='chuckstaton']Disney usually does these $10 off coupons for all their blu-ray releases, but I feel like in the past they've gone public earlier than this one (AIW is coming out Tuesday).
I saw this on Slickdeals and I wanted all the CAGs to know:

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/alice-upgrade - $10 off coupon "Alice in Wonderland (60th Anniversary)" blu-ray, but it's not active yet, so the site will load, say this offer is expired, and then re-direct you, but the coupon WILL be active soon and available for Tuesday.

According to SD, these are UPCs that will give you the coupon (you usually have to enter a UPC to activate the Disney coupons):

786936126679[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the codes OP got my coupon and BB is the best for me right now: $19.99 - 10= $9.99
Not a bad deal for Blu-ray and DVD. If they only had the digital copy or a steelcase......:cry:

Got my DMR coupon printed out.

$10 for Alice is cheap enough for me.

Dunno what I'll do with the DVD though, my nieces(who get all my combo pack DVDs) already have this.

[quote name='manthing']Dunno what I'll do with the DVD though, my nieces(who get all my combo pack DVDs) already have this.[/QUOTE]

Just, uh, leave it in the case and forget about it? ;)

Though I believe they've done some additional remastering and clean-up for this release beyond what was done for the previous one. So even if they've got an older version, this one might be better (if they'd notice or care).

[quote name='chuckstaton']I think the idea of having a "Coupon" thread with all the coupons randomly posted throughout the thread (mine is now on page 10, mixed inwith everyone's comments about other coupons) is a really terrible way to organize this.
I'm just saying - this is really stupid.[/QUOTE]i do agree with ya. They should just have their own threads and when the deal dies after a week, the thread will just get buried (which is fine)

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I think the idea was, to have the OP update the first thread with all current coupons. Having said that, if you just follow along in this thread you are usually kept up to date with all coupons and deals associated with them.

M[/QUOTE]unfortunately this is how it works, you just gotta follow the thread and every damn post whether you want to or not. Or get your info from slickdeals:D

Will try again tomorrow to get my coupon. Tried to get secretariat for the wife today but it was $29.99 at bestbuy and $24.96 at walmart?!?! (yes i had them ring it up) I'm not paying $17.xx for a movie I won't watch and she'll watch twice....I'll get it from redbox for $1.50 (or maybe $0.50 if they give out a freebie next monday like they didn't in Jan.:bs:)

[quote name='chuckstaton']Wait - did you mean someone already posted this here? I can't find it.[/QUOTE]

I had posted the numbers already lol

I cant wait to get this Tuesday!

[quote name='shadowkast']i do agree with ya. They should just have their own threads and when the deal dies after a week, the thread will just get buried (which is fine)

unfortunately this is how it works, you just gotta follow the thread and every damn post whether you want to or not. Or get your info from slickdeals:D[/QUOTE]

that is my fault and how it is supposed to work.

Yeah I got this coupon as an email because I'm a Disney Rewards member. I already had a $1.01 Amazon gift card balance, so my order total was $8.98 for the Alice in Wonderland Blu Ray. Sweet Deal ;). Disney's Blu Rays are always amazing, even when the movie is 60 years old.

[quote name='Animal7390']that is my fault and how it is supposed to work.[/QUOTE]
It would be fine and easier on the OPs if the threads had a Wiki that anyone could update.

A single thread is much better, especially when the forum search function doesn't work well.

If a forum has an effective alert system, or people used the tags more effectively multiple threads would be fine. Otherwise you have to crawl through pages of threads and it's a PITA.

Can you imagine how ridiculous the forums would be if every Target clearance item and every guide that 'pennied had it's own thread? You have to monitor each forum non-stop, instead of one thread daily or you would miss everything but the biggest deals. Same goes for blu-ray coupons. Believe me, as flawed as this is- it's still better.

The Disney ones would be easy with individual threads, because their pattern is so well established- but I (others) would have missed many of the other ones that don't correspond to a new release (especially re-releases/catalog titles).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Can you imagine how ridiculous the forums would be if every Target clearance item and every guide that 'pennied had it's own thread? You have to monitor each forum non-stop, instead of one thread daily or you would miss everything but the biggest deals. Same goes for blu-ray coupons. Believe me, as flawed as this is- it's still better.

The Disney ones would be easy with individual threads, because their pattern is so well established- but I (others) would have missed many of the other ones that don't correspond to a new release (especially re-releases/catalog titles).[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm not saying EVERY single thing should have their own thread, but for Disney coupons - and in this case, it is cutting the price of a brand new blu-ray in half - should certainly get their own threads, and are a big enough deal to warrant that.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']
Can you imagine how ridiculous the forums would be if every Target clearance item and every guide that 'pennied had it's own thread? You have to monitor each forum non-stop, instead of one thread daily or you would miss everything but the biggest deals. Same goes for blu-ray coupons. Believe me, as flawed as this is- it's still better.

The Disney ones would be easy with individual threads, because their pattern is so well established- but I (others) would have missed many of the other ones that don't correspond to a new release (especially re-releases/catalog titles).[/QUOTE]
target clearance threads are YMMV though, disney coupons are not. I totally get your point though. There are not that many coupons released that would add too many threads and clutter to the forum I think.

I completely agree with the wiki and other features needed here. I hate to say it but cag needs to take a page out of slickdeals book. Especially with their mobile site. Of all the mobile sites I've been to, SD's is by far the best!

sorry for the OTT OP ("yeah you know me")...hehe
[quote name='javeryh']Is it out now or not until Tuesday?[/QUOTE]
your on the internet. are you really gonna wait around for an answer or can you easily answer this yourself!? ;)

It seems pretty easy to check the coupon thread every time a Disney movie comes out though. There is always a coupon, and they are always found here.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Yeah I got this coupon as an email because I'm a Disney Rewards member. I already had a $1.01 Amazon gift card balance, so my order total was $8.98 for the Alice in Wonderland Blu Ray. Sweet Deal ;). Disney's Blu Rays are always amazing, even when the movie is 60 years old.[/QUOTE]

Do Disney coupons work on Amazon now?

[quote name='ackbar7']I am really wondering what TRU's price is going to be. With the $5 off when you reserve Bambi it seems like it may end up being the best place, but I have not seen an advertised price yet.[/QUOTE]TRU had absolutely *no* BDs or DVDs in its Sunday ad; expect them to charge the same price as online, $29.99. Better off with BB or someone who will PM them; TRU won't.

This ends today (Jan. 31) and isn't the greatest deal, so I'll post here instead of making a new thread:

If you rent Scott Pilgrim (or one from many other movies/tv shows) for $4 from Amazon's Video on Demand service, you will get a $4 credit toward the BD/DVD purchase of that movie/tv show. This can be a good way to get rid of the $5 VOD credits that come with many purchases.

On my Alice coupon there is a code ("CHESHIRE") for 25 DMR points but it keeps coming up invalid. Problem is I stop the printer half way through and it cut off the fine print of the offer. Did I miss something important?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']On my Alice coupon there is a code ("CHESHIRE") for 25 DMR points but it keeps coming up invalid. Problem is I stop the printer half way through and it cut off the fine print of the offer. Did I miss something important?[/QUOTE]

CHESHIRE is for new members only.

M

[quote name='PenguinoMF']On my Alice coupon there is a code ("CHESHIRE") for 25 DMR points but it keeps coming up invalid. Problem is I stop the printer half way through and it cut off the fine print of the offer. Did I miss something important?[/QUOTE]
yup every coupon has a code on it that is only to lure new people into being members. Doesn't make sense when mostly members (i would assume) are printing out these coupons

[quote name='shadowkast']yup every coupon has a code on it that is only to lure new people into being members. Doesn't make sense when mostly members (i would assume) are printing out these coupons[/QUOTE]However, at least one of them (CHIHUAHUA, from the original BHC2 "upgrade" coupon) turned out to work for everyone, so don't blame the poster for trying.

Got my Alice coupon - I'm headed to Best Buy this afternoon to see if I can get it for $10! My daughter will be so psyched when I get home...

[quote name='shadowkast']yup every coupon has a code on it that is only to lure new people into being members. Doesn't make sense when mostly members (i would assume) are printing out these coupons[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that you have to be a member in order to print the coupons. I would suspect that the code is to get people who only signed up to get the coupon to go back and actually look at the site.

[quote name='javeryh']Got my Alice coupon - I'm headed to Best Buy this afternoon to see if I can get it for $10! My daughter will be so psyched when I get home...[/QUOTE]

Tried to use the coupon at Best Buy and was told i could not use it on the sale price. They are stating that the line that says "..Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer..." includes a sale price.

I tried this in the Eagan, MN best buy and wondering if anyone has had luck buying Alice In Wonderland today.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Tried to use the coupon at Best Buy and was told i could not use it on the sale price. They are stating that the line that says "..Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer..." includes a sale price.

I tried this in the Eagan, MN best buy and wondering if anyone has had luck buying Alice In Wonderland today.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like total crap to me - did the cashier even try to scan the coupon? I've used the Disney coupons tons of times (but never at BB) without a problem. Target and TRU always run it through with no trouble at all!

EDIT: I just looked at the printout - the "cannot be combined" language appears OUTSIDE the coupon area where you are supposed to cut it out... which is what I'm going to do I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back