Blu Ray movies are now at Dollar Tree locations

zman73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
(Taken from DVDtalk thread)
Was stopping by for batteries my 3d tv glasses, and was met with a large selection of blu rays which I was NOT expecting to see, even if they were Mill Creek cheapie titles... a list of what has been seen is below

Ernest goes to Camp
Ernest goes to jail
VI warshawski
Play it to the bone
Scenes from a mall
Money for nothing
An innocent man
Another Stakeout
The Marrying Man
Gross Anatomy
Ernest scared stupid
The war at home
The tie that binds
Betsy's Wedding
Consenting Adults
Last Dance
Baby: secret of lost legend
My father the hero
Big business
Straight talk
Miami rhapsody
Holy matrimony
The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag

If you are trying to find these and they are NOT out, they are supposed to be some featured deal next friday (Nov 2)

no real "gotta haves"...these are titles that have been 4-5$ most everywhere before... But for a buck its pretty good, even if I just trade them in later and keep the cases for the $1 blockbuster movies I got last week. I picked up the three Ernest movies and a few others (hadnt seen Ernest goes to Camp since I saw it in theaters)

Last edited by a moderator:
No go at my Dollar Tree...not yet anyways...did see a Craig David CD and The official "Heroes" soundtrack. Will check next week. I would love to have a couple of those...even though I recall seeing several of these at Wal-Mart for around 3 to 5 bucks....

Local Dollar Tree only had one movie: Thirtysomething Season 1 Vol. 3. Most of the Dollar Generals around here don't have any movies either.

[quote name='thundarr']Wait. Zman, you PAID to see an Ernest movie in the theaters? I didn't know anyone did this....[/QUOTE]

I made my parents pay for me to see Ernest Goes To Camp, and I have no regrets.

Jack his jaw, Ernest.

[quote name='thundarr']Wait. Zman, you PAID to see an Ernest movie in the theaters? I didn't know anyone did this....[/QUOTE]

The movie came out in the 80's... I wasnt that old, my dad took me and my siblings to see it so essentially I didnt pay, it wasnt like I was an adult going in to see it... Ernest was a very popular character back then, he was plastered all over our Marva Maid milk cartons in the 5th grade... The only other one I saw in theaters was the christmas movie

[quote name='zman73']The movie came out in the 80's... I wasnt that old, my dad took me and my siblings to see it so essentially I didnt pay, it wasnt like I was an adult going in to see it... Ernest was a very popular character back then, he was plastered all over our Marva Maid milk cartons in the 5th grade... The only other one I saw in theaters was the christmas movie[/QUOTE]

This!

I just got rid of the 'Goes To Camp'/'Goes to Jail' double feature for a few bucks (I paid fewer than $10 for it in the first place) so I might rebuy and get 'Scared Stupid', as well...

Ernest was good times when I was a kid. Dunno how well it holds up but definitely good times.

I saw them at mine. There's literally stacks upon stacks up near the register on an endcap. I saw most of the titles listed, but I have zero interest in any of them.

Went to a nicer Dollar Tree today where I've had good luck finding stuff before, nothing. I got to the start of the electronics aisle and saw a bunch of blue things and got all excited. Turns out they were some stupid movie that had a cover the same color as a BD case and they had a lot.

Anybody interested in picking some up for me for cost + shipping + a few bucks your time?

my local dollar tree had them on the counter at the register, almost walked out of there without noticing them. the clerk told me that they only received 2 small boxes of them. so i'd say be patient or check at the reg.

Tons of them at my location. Couldn't find Ernest Scared Stupid but managed to pick up Ernest goes to Camp which was the main one I wanted anyway. Also saw some of the same titles floating around at my local pawn shop too.

Just came out and they had every movie on the list except the Ernest movies. A lot of the films have actors I have actually heard of, but the actual movies I have not. Dunno what it says that three of them star Emilio Estevez.

If anyone wants the Ernest movies just to see them, I remember that Wal-Mart had all 3 of these in a 2-DVD set for $5... and it was a regular spot on the shelf also, so not just a bin dive (which I hate, because you never know what's actually in there). I realize that Wal-mart's offering is DVD and these are Blu-Ray, but I can't imagine that they spent much effort to get these looking great for HDTV (if they bothered to do anything at all beyond a straight transfer of the original material).

[quote name='soonersfan60']If anyone wants the Ernest movies just to see them, I remember that Wal-Mart had all 3 of these in a 2-DVD set for $5... and it was a regular spot on the shelf also, so not just a bin dive (which I hate, because you never know what's actually in there). I realize that Wal-mart's offering is DVD and these are Blu-Ray, but I can't imagine that they spent much effort to get these looking great for HDTV (if they bothered to do anything at all beyond a straight transfer of the original material).[/QUOTE]

Apparently they don't look half bad, or at least Scared Stupid doesn't look too bad.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ernest-Scared-Stupid-Blu-ray/25238/#Review

Went back tonight and didn't see them and they weren't busy so I asked the manager. They had them in the back but hadn't received or finalized their planogram yet. He brought out a box for me to pick through and since I didn't want to be a dick and go through it all I grabbed the three Ernest movies.

Hoping they have them when I go check. My Dollar Tree had the UMDs and the new shipment of Dvds (Till Death, etc). So I assume they would get this as well. Either that, or someone just mass bought them.

They would make great White Elephant gifts though. :p

My Dollar Tree was stocked today. I bought everything from the OP except my store didn't have An Innocent Man. I didn't buy My Father the Hero because I already bought that cheap from gohastings a while back.

I have a couple more blurays to add to the OP
Another Stakeout
The Marrying Man

I also bought 4 DVDs that just came in recently:
Recount (awesome HBO movie)
Everybody Loves Raymond: The Series Finale
Dirty War (HBO movie)
The Best of Arli$$

[quote name='getsmackd77']I found this post on EBay, thought it was really funny.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLU-RAY-DVD...?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3a7b562cfd

only 79.99[/QUOTE]

lol. I was almost thinking of doing that but for more like $45 or $50. It's not worth the trouble because I don't even know if someone would pay $45 for those 22 movies. Then subtract shipping, ebay fees, paypal fees, driving to the post office. Screw that when there are perfectly good "flipping" threads on CAG that are a lot easier to use.

I think I'm going to use the bluray cases for some custom James Bond artwork I found online. I bought 21 dollar blurays so I should have bought 2 more if I want to use them for the bond movies.

If anyone cares, the bluray cases are nicer than the ones you buy in lots of 100 or 50 online. The stickers peel off really nice and don't leave any residue. The only problem is that the bluray cases that I've opened so far are those "recycle friendly" ones that have a bunch of holes in them.

Hopefully this long rant of a forum post helps. :)

I should really go to Dollar Tree and check today. And buy the Ernest Movies before everyone else hoards them.

Are there any others you guys can recommend?

Finally got to a Dollar Tree and they had a bunch of them. Unfortunately, no Ernest movies, which are the only ones I wanted.

Went to my nearesr Dollar Tree and i only found one Ernest Movie :(
I picked up three movies

-Ernest Goes To Camp
-Money For Nothing
Baby:Secret of the Lost Legend

Found these today at my local Dollar Tree in Madison, TN.
Picked up Ernest Goes to Camp to complete my Jim Varney/Ernest collection on Blu.
I got Scared Stupid last month from a seller on Amazon.
Just wish they'd get more Ernest on Blu.

Success @ the clifton park ny store this morn.

Picked up all 3 ernest films & lost legend...
They had a quite a few movie shipment boxes on the floor...didn't have time to check.

bread's done
Back