Blu-Ray Player w/ Online

sealionnn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Hey CAGs, I'm looking for a blu-ray player that can hook up to the internet and use Netflix + maybe more. I found a Panasonic on amazon for $117 shipped http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1284747514&sr=8-1 This looks like what I'd need, but I'm wondering if there are any other models out there that are maybe worth spending more on, or are just cheaper. Also, I'm wondering if I should just turn my old PC into an HTPC. I have a graphics card that I could throw in it to do this, and then I'd just need to buy an HDMI cable and an internal BD drive, so that'd be about half the cost of the external BD player w/ netflix, youtube, etc.. The advantages of doing this would be having the option to record straight to my PC, plus I still have all of the features of a PC. What do you guys think? I don't mind doing a little computer work anyway.

edit: I didn't factor in the price of a PC remote and a wireless keyboard/mouse setup, so it'll probably be quite a bit more to finish a HTPC setup for me, plus eventually (when a good sale arrives) I would need to get a new GPU for my current PC as I would be throwing the one that is in it now into my HTPC. Did I confuse anyone? :p

bread's done
Back