Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice2Dragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
July 29, 2008 Releases

The Band's Visit
Beowulf : Directors Cut (TruHD audio!!! WOOT!)
The Big White
Clear and Present Danger
Dark City
Doomsday (not a bad movie...looks phenomenal!)
Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (Unrated?)
Harold and Kumar Go To Guantanemo Bay (Unrated)
Human Body : Pushing The Limits
Hunt For Red October
Lost Boys
Lost Boys : The Tribe (Is this a sequel or a prequel? Anyone)
Mortuary
Never back Down
Patriot Games
Perhaps Love
Robin Hood : Season 1
Salvage
Shine A Light
Stargate : Continuum
Sum Of All Fears
Tiger Blade
Top Gun (Wooo!!!)
Vengeance

Itll be updated every week, sorry guys. Ive had a very busy two weeks @_@

Helpful Links

AVS picture quality tier thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=858316
HDM reviews and new:
High Def Digest

Import Sites
www.xploitedcinema.com

Region Code Listing
http://bluray.liesinc.net

OP will be updated soon with more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up saw 4 today along with war

is lionsgate the only studio that still does the three security stickers on the case?

its so annoying

f[quote name='rsigley']picked up saw 4 today along with war

is lionsgate the only studio that still does the three security stickers on the case?

its so annoying[/quote]

YES! OMG! My same complaint about lionsgate.. I dont get why the hell they do that, I had to order 10 replacement cases, the sticky stuff is such a pain in the ass. My saw movies stick together, I could literally grab one of them and itd bring like 3 movies along with it.

STAY AWAY FROM DBZ. It murders ps3s. And not in a good way.

Yeah, the smallville episode about saw.. classic.

Saw 4 didnt do as well at the box office, but it still made wayyyy more money than it cost to produce.

So under that theory, there will be many more saw's to come.

I haven't heard about the DBZ problem except from that one guy.

Even when I did a search it was just him posting at another site, except he said his game still worked after it froze.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I had no problem with DBZ in my PS3. I was really impressed with the PQ considering how old they are.[/quote]Thanks, I'm going to watch mine this week.

Yeah yeah, it's DBZ, but oh the memories!

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

KAKAROTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Goku kills 90% of the enemies with a spirit bomb

[quote name='InuFaye']GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

KAKAROTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Goku kills 90% of the enemies with a spirit bomb
[/quote]

Wtf!? Ive never even seen DBZ before.. my girlfriend loves some one piece show..? or something?

i found a nice system of getting the stickers off without leaving residue with a box cutter, but sometimes i accidently cut up the bottom of the case while doing it

i think a lot of people complained to sony and they stopped doing it, hopefully lionsgate will follow

[quote name='rsigley']i found a nice system of getting the stickers off without leaving residue with a box cutter, but sometimes i accidently cut up the bottom of the case while doing it

i think a lot of people complained to sony and they stopped doing it, hopefully lionsgate will follow[/quote]The security stickers? I've had a few cases that are left with that sticky stuff on the edges. It's irritating. What's your system?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The security stickers? I've had a few cases that are left with that sticky stuff on the edges. It's irritating. What's your system?[/QUOTE]

i use a box cutter to cut it along the lines in the box (so its cut in half evenly)

then open it up and there should be some overhang

i then pull from one corner to the other at an angle

ever since i started doing it haven't gotten any residue at all, but the bottom of the case has tiny marks from the box cutter if i'm not precise

[quote name='InuFaye']So should I stay away from the DBZ movie?

I saw that someone had problems,and it worries me.[/quote]
Yea, apparently i was just one of the lucky few hundred (at least) whose PS3's up and died on the week of 1/14. Its really wierd as i havent connected it to the PSnetwork in a while, so its not a skynet thing.

There were tons of threads all over the net (including the official forums) about people who's PS3's all up and died on or around the same day - varying from people who have had theirs from launch to people who bought in december, 40 gigs, 60gigs & 80gigs. Whats pissing me off more is that everytime i try to call sony, it says to call back later... I sent their CS an email right after it happened, and still no response.

I've been using my 360 hd-dvd player to upscale and man, that thing does a shitty job compared to the PS3.

[quote name='rsigley']i use a box cutter to cut it along the lines in the box (so its cut in half evenly)

then open it up and there should be some overhang

i then pull from one corner to the other at an angle

ever since i started doing it haven't gotten any residue at all, but the bottom of the case has tiny marks from the box cutter if i'm not precise[/QUOTE]

In my desire to be meticulous, like you, on two occasions the security sticker has been stuck to the paper insert. Once was a PS2 Castlevania game years ago...and recently with The Simpsons Movie. Try as I might, a little of the insert tore as a result of the shoddy assembly line. I was livid then, and I'm a little miffed still.

Hey guys, just wanted to comment on that deal really quick to where if you buy Saw 4, you could get GLC, War, or Yuma for $45 combined.

I was at Best Buy today and the sign there said "Buy TWO of these titles for $45!" And listed all four of those movies... so im wondering if you even have to get Saw 4 at all... or if it was just a typo.

[quote name='mykevermin']In my desire to be meticulous, like you, on two occasions the security sticker has been stuck to the paper insert. Once was a PS2 Castlevania game years ago...and recently with The Simpsons Movie. Try as I might, a little of the insert tore as a result of the shoddy assembly line. I was livid then, and I'm a little miffed still.[/quote]Hehehe. Believe it or not, that's something I check at retail. I look over the case carefully to make sure the insert doesn't extend past the actual plastic cover for just such an occasion. What does irritate me is when you remove the security seal and the residue doesn't come off at all. It's like it completely melted into the plastic cover.

And another small note, I wish they'd stop putting those damn square magnetic security stickers (not the black bars) on the inside of cases. Some movies have printouts that you can see through the case on the inside of the chapters or just nice artwork and it's obstructed by the damn security tag. Those things are damn near impossible to get off cleanly.

[quote name='mykevermin']In my desire to be meticulous, like you, on two occasions the security sticker has been stuck to the paper insert. Once was a PS2 Castlevania game years ago...and recently with The Simpsons Movie. Try as I might, a little of the insert tore as a result of the shoddy assembly line. I was livid then, and I'm a little miffed still.[/QUOTE]

ha i had that happen a couple of times

i usually was never anal about these things, but i got tired of picking up a movie and bringing three others with it

i tried to use goo gone to get it off but it actually ate through the plastic on the outside a couple times

Bleh, no Blu-Rays for me for a while. Since I dont have a receipt for my PS3 (got it through a referral site), they want me to pay $150 to get it repaired.

I emailed the referral site in hopes that they keep all transaction emails. I guess ill find out in a few days...

Back on topic, I've still got a sealed Shining & Full Metal Jacket: Deluxe Ed. for trade (would prefer to go 1:1). PM me with any offers.

Releases this week:

Deadliest Catch
Across the Universe
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Brave One
Breaker Morant
Celine Dion: A New Day... Live in Las Vegas
Crimson Tide
The Jane Austen Book Club
Me, Myself & Irene
Wall Street

In for Wall Street if the reviews on it weren't complete crap.

Love the movie but I'll wait for a sale on that one.

[quote name='rsigley']i just watched jesse james on blu ray

horrible picture quality[/quote]

Thanks for the update.. college kept me busy and everytime i tried to update, the site was down.

Yes, jesse james did have bad pq. I had it last week.

Across the universe though looks phenomenal.

Definite buy for anyone who enjoys musicals :)

[quote name='asianxcore']I'll definitely have to pick up Across The Universe once I get paid next week.

It was one of my favorite movies of last year.[/quote]

Get the deluxe soundtrack too.. its great hearing the songs again :)

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Indie distributor Echo Bridge has announced their debut slate of high-def releases, bringing a wave of six bargain-priced hits to Blu-ray this April.

A diverse mix of theatrical releases and made-for-TV fare, the line-up includes the 2006 telefilm 'Blackbeard,' the hit mini-series '10.5: Apocalypse,' 'Category 7: The End of the World' and 'The Curse of King Tut's Tomb,' and the theatrical releases 'The Last Sentinel' and 'Artie Lange's Beer League.'

Priced at a format-low of $14.95 a pop, Echo Bridge will release the entire slate on Blu-ray April 1. (Echo Bridge has not announced any plans to support HD DVD.)

Tech specs for all six titles include 1080 video and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks.

There are no announced supplemental features.
[/FONT]

thanks, they're only $8.95 each at amazon

saw beer league in theaters and wanted to see category 7 since i saw category 6 (horrible movie)

gonna check out 10.5 too

hope the PQ is decent

[quote name='DestroVega'][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Indie distributor Echo Bridge has announced their debut slate of high-def releases, bringing a wave of six bargain-priced hits to Blu-ray this April.

A diverse mix of theatrical releases and made-for-TV fare, the line-up includes the 2006 telefilm 'Blackbeard,' the hit mini-series '10.5: Apocalypse,' 'Category 7: The End of the World' and 'The Curse of King Tut's Tomb,' and the theatrical releases 'The Last Sentinel' and 'Artie Lange's Beer League.'

Priced at a format-low of $14.95 a pop, Echo Bridge will release the entire slate on Blu-ray April 1. (Echo Bridge has not announced any plans to support HD DVD.)

Tech specs for all six titles include 1080 video and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks.

There are no announced supplemental features.
[/FONT][/quote]

8.95 for beer league is a freaking steal on blu ray. thats cheaper than the damn dvd will be :)

Win!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']8.95 for beer league is a freaking steal on blu ray. thats cheaper than the damn dvd will be :)

Win![/QUOTE]

amazon has the dvd of beer league for 6.95 new

Heh, irony loves me.

My package from Amazon containing Lost Season 3 on BR was lost in transit. Amazon will be sending me a replacement, hopefully today.

[quote name='Bezerker']Heh, irony loves me.

My package from Amazon containing Lost Season 3 on BR was lost in transit. Amazon will be sending me a replacement, hopefully today.[/quote]

How the hell does a package get lost in transit? Ive used amazon, deep discount, etc, and never once has a package gotten lost.

At least they are sending you a new one -_-V

Yea, its the first time I've ever had a problem with Amazon. I've had packages that take 3-4 weeks to get here from California (buy.com's free shipping), but nothing ever lost. I had the prime 2 day for free, but since it was their fault, i sweet talked them into upgrading it to 1 day (so I'll get it Monday). I would've tried for Saturday delivery, but as my PS3 is still broken, its not like I'll be watching it anyways.

The referral site i got my ps3 off of says that they are going to contact their fulfillment dept and they should be able to email me the receipt from the PS3. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll be back to watching Blu-rays. I haven't watched any since 3:10 to Yuma came out, so I've got a bit of a backlog piling up.

Here's this weeks releases:

* The Amateurs (Blu-ray)
* Becoming Jane (Blu-ray)
* Gone Baby Gone (Blu-ray)
* No Reservations (Blu-ray)
* Over America In High Definition (Blu-ray)
* Over California In High Definition (Blu-ray)
* We Own the Night (Blu-ray)

Gone Baby Gone and We Own the Night have rebates at FYE making them $17.29 each [$14.29 if you get the $10 gift card] which isn't too bad. they shipped mine out on thursday and i got both of them today with the free shipping option

we own the night is part of the b2g1 on DDD too

I finally picked up Blade Runner on Blu. Such a good movie. It is one of those movies I have been trying for many years to see. I am glad I waited. The PQ and AQ is great. I can't believe this movie is over 25+ years old. How did they make this movie look so good? The discs came scratched and loose in the case, so I am going to have to send it back to DeepDiscount. If you haven't picked this up, it is a really good movie. Well ahead of it's time.

As far as releases that were only HD DVD thus far, I'm dyin' for The Big Lewbowski, Sweeney Todd (not yet released, I know), and Casablanca.

Transformers, the Matrix, Batman Begins, and V for Vendetta are on my "probably" list.

I need Shaun, and Hot Fuzz.
Also a few of the better classics from Uni.

I really want Spartacus but it's horrible PQ has me wishing for some kind of reissue/remastering.

[quote name='mykevermin']As far as releases that were only HD DVD thus far, I'm dyin' for The Big Lewbowski, Sweeney Todd (not yet released, I know), and Casablanca.

Transformers, the Matrix, Batman Begins, and V for Vendetta are on my "probably" list.[/QUOTE]

I thought you already owned Lebowski on HD-DVD, myke?

I never got to say goodbye to the Format War thread. :'(. We had so many good times. R.I.P.

Anyways, I am looking forward to Hot Fuzz, The Bourne Movies, The Mummy Movies, Transformers, Any Spielberg movie (Especially Saving Private Ryan), Shooter (re-released), We Were Soldiers (re-released), The Run Down, Sahara (if it's cheap), Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Hulk (just for the good transfer), and Anchorman.

I just got done watching In the Valley of Elah and was very impressed. It was much better than I was expecting. Tommy Lee Jones' performance was top notch.

[quote name='rsigley']anyone familiar with blu ray importing? wondering whats some good sites

http://www.mediadis.com has buy 2 get 1, but i really just want hills have eyes 1[/quote]
The various foreign Amazon's work, (starship troopers)

http://www.axelmusic.dk/ for some stuff like Children of Men and other Euro releases
http://xploitedcinema.com/ has a few things like The Seventh Seal

I'll put stuff like this in the OP when I get the chance.
I had a link with the various import only BDs out there, I'll post it from home tonight.

[quote name='dallow']I need Shaun, and Hot Fuzz.
Also a few of the better classics from Uni.
[/quote]

I have both on HD DVD but will rebuy Hot Fuzz in Blu if they release it as the 3 disc SD edition they put out a few months after the initial release.

[quote name='dallow']The Rock (and The Host) are both 14.95 on Amazon.

The Rock will be the same price at BB this coming week too I think.[/quote]The Rock is on sale this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back