Blue Dragon for 19.99 at FYE, OTD, Apparently HUGE YMMV

xboxxer

CAG Veteran
A bit surprised that I haven't seen a thread on this yet. A search turned up nothing, but if this is a repost, sorry.

Anyways, in today's FYE ad, they are selling Blue Dragon (360) for 19.99.

GS is still selling this for 39.99

Picked it up. Have been waiting for this to drop ...

[quote name='simpsonps121']Out the door?

matthew[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. The OP is probably pointing out there is no rebate involved since FYE deals almost always involve rebates.

[quote name='LordVila']I couldn't find it when I searched on the site either, I had to search for it on Google to get it to show up.[/quote]

I googled "blue dragon fye" and found a blue dragon something for 19.99, but i think it is the game guide. I put it in the shopping cart and it said "Format: Paperback." I then went and put in the one that is 39.99 and it said "Format: newxbox360" or something similar. I think this is a false alarm.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Out the door?

matthew[/quote]

I'm guessing it's "one time deal."

Last edited by a moderator:
this is an awesome deal. I bought it at full price and couldn't be happier. Maybe I'll check it out and pick one up for my brother. Thanks OP.

If we get confirmation of this, I'd definitely make the trip to wherever my nearest FYE is (aren't they the ones in malls generally?). I almost bit when CC had it for $31 a couple weeks ago. $20 is just too good to pass up, especially since my British friends won't shut up about how great this game is.

This is a lot of noise for a deal that hasn't been confirmed by anyone else. I'll put in the legwork also, and pick up extras for CAGs if this is true.

[quote name='lurknomore']This is a lot of noise for a deal that hasn't been confirmed by anyone else. I'll put in the legwork also, and pick up extras for CAGs if this is true.[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the name of the game this year with 'deals' like the BB clearance and the Wal-mart pre-orders....

[quote name='Filbert']I'm heading over to my local mall in a half-an-hour or so. I'll check it out.[/quote]
thanks. let us know!

[quote name='Metrock']Ah okay I couldn't find it when i searched for it. But it still appears as $39.99.[/QUOTE]In my experience, in-store FYE prices rarely match the website listings. I think it's kinda like Wal-Mart in that respect. So I don't think we can really confirm or deny anything via the website.

I got a ad also with the 19.99 price on it. Seems like the ads are only put out in cities that have the big superstores that arent located in a mall. I think i seen they said that was the new price for the game.

My local FYE barely had any new games amidst the used ones. They had one used copy of Blue Dragon for $29.99. Although if they did have any new ones for the same price it would have been $22.50 after the 30% off.

Oh well, I picked up a copy of Dead or Alive 4 while I was there.

I'm also heading out to check in about 15 mins...will update with results

later all

UPDATE: no go at my store, they dont even carry games :(

[quote name='averageguy']I got a ad also with the 19.99 price on it. Seems like the ads are only put out in cities that have the big superstores that arent located in a mall. I think i seen they said that was the new price for the game.[/QUOTE]

No go at mine. Abort mission.

These FYE things appear to seriously be YMMV and most stores don't even have games anymore (in my area), since I believe they are getting rid of games all together at stores.

Any chance the ad was trying to say $20 off (not $20 total)? This game just had a price drop, so isn't it possible that the ad was a misprint? That may be why those without the ad are having trouble getting it at the $20 price.

I looked through my Sunday ads to see if there was an FYE flyer (I've seen one in the paper from time to time), but there wasn't. Hopefully someone can post an ad to confirm this, as I'd probably go out and get it, but the closest FYE is too far away for me to waste the time and gas on an unconfirmed deal.

Just tried in northern VA and found one copy. It was marked at $59.99, rang up for $39. I asked if they had an ad, where it was supposedly 19.99 and they said they had no current ad at the moment. Looks like a no go...

Same here in las vegas, still 39.99. asked the manager about an ad and she told me that FYE does special ads for cities that have low sales, so it is possible the sale was just for that one area.

[quote name='wildpygmy']Just tried in northern VA and found one copy. It was marked at $59.99, rang up for $39. I asked if they had an ad, where it was supposedly 19.99 and they said they had no current ad at the moment. Looks like a no go...[/quote]

Same here zero luck. Now if someone has the ad somewhere then there could be a PM possiblity. SO if you have it please post it.

bread's done
Back