Blue Dragon XBOX 360 (Alive Again) $19.99 @Amazon.com

I'm on disc 2 of this game now. Good battle system and character customization. On the downside it's kinda easy so far and the voice acting and characters aren't terribly compelling (at least not yet).

Hopefully, this means they'll ship my copy soon. I'm one of those that bought it at the end of the previous sale after it went out of stock but while they were still taking orders.

OK I canceled my other order and put this in with Bully for $35 and Katamari for $20. SSS since I'm busy with GTA4. These will probably be in the shrink wrap for months. God I need to stop buying games.

I just got this yesterday along with GTAIV. Ended up geting the last one at TRU for 17.xx after tax. I have yet to take it out of the bag they put it in at tru.

How is this game overall? I saw 4 copies this weekend at Sears for $20 each. Was going to pick it up but didn't know if I'd like it or not.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']After my TRU clearance copy was scratched to shit, I'll take my luck with this one. Prime comes in handy sometimes. =][/quote]

My TRU didn't have it so I ordered it from TRU on-line. It has shipped via cheap method and is en-route.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2817790

I had researched prices on this and even the used versions I was finding were $30~$35. I asked several places if they would price match their used price to the TRU new version and they wouldn't do it. :(

Does anyone have any idea on the game's circulation/supply? I cannot afford (in both time and money - damned GTA IV and Mario Kart and Iron Man being released on the same week) to get any more games, but I don't want to pass on this if I won't be able to find a copy anywhere in six months...

One thing I already hate about this game and I have yet to play it is the case. They stack all the discs on top of each other unlike most cases more multidisc games. Microsoft really needs to start doing better on how they package their games. Great deal though on from what I played of the demo a good game. I have been holding out for this to hit around 20-25 for some time now.

[quote name='sendme']One thing I already hate about this game and I have yet to play it is the case. They stack all the discs on top of each other unlike most cases more multidisc games. Microsoft really needs to start doing better on how they package their games. Great deal though on from what I played of the demo a good game. I have been holding out for this to hit around 20-25 for some time now.[/quote]

Yeah, they really need to stop using these deeper spindles for multiple disc games. When I got Lost Odyssey, I was like, "What the hell is this crap?"

Just a tip to anyone who picks this up - I would recommend immediately downloading the free DLC which provides New Game + and Hard/Impossible modes, and then playing the game on Hard Mode. Normal mode was really easy - not much challenge at all.

[quote name='jprev']Just a tip to anyone who picks this up - I would recommend immediately downloading the free DLC which provides New Game + and Hard/Impossible modes, and then playing the game on Hard Mode. Normal mode was really easy - not much challenge at all.[/quote]

+1 i literally killed the end bosses before they even took their first turn. :bomb:

[quote name='Layd Dly']+1 i literally killed the end bosses before they even took their first turn. :bomb:[/quote]Holy crap! I didn't know it was that easy. Hard Mode sounds like the way to go. (When I get my Amazon copy, that is.)

thanks for the heads-up. i missed it last time. i really liked the game when i played through it in japanese, but it was hard work. i was thinking i might like to replay it in new game plus in english to see just how well i understood the story last time. i've been waiting a while for it to hit 20.

as free shipping filler, i picked up scott pilgrim vol. 4. it was ten bucks, but i've been meaning to grab it since i've got 1-3.

check the dvd section for a listing of cheap DVDs including ferris bueller and labyrinth for 6.99.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Holy crap! I didn't know it was that easy. Hard Mode sounds like the way to go. (When I get my Amazon copy, that is.)[/quote]

Well granted i was very leveled up. i switched all my character to their level 99 shadows and i was in the mid lvl. 70's with all my characters. But still the game in general is still fairly easy to play from start to finish on normal.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I loved the job Mistwalker did with Lost Odyssey, so I might have to bite on this.[/quote]

I agree LO is an excellent next gen RPG. I'm getting this game just to support them.

[quote name='thePhildown']I take it I'm the only person to find this amusing? :applause:[/QUOTE]

Obviously the 13 year olds here are trying to relive their youth ;)

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']After my TRU clearance copy was scratched to shit, I'll take my luck with this one. Prime comes in handy sometimes. =][/quote]

Prime is downright evil. I've spent so much damn money at amazon since I got my prime membership. . .

Yes, Amazon Prime is evil. I'm Jeff Bezos' personal man-whore and I'm not even going to lie about it. I'm putting his children's children's children through college and I'm loving every sick and twisted minute of it.

Spend 20 bucks on a game I don't need and probably won't play for a decade? Sure, why not? Thanks OP.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Well granted i was very leveled up. i switched all my character to their level 99 shadows and i was in the mid lvl. 70's with all my characters. But still the game in general is still fairly easy to play from start to finish on normal.[/quote]

It's not that much harder with level 50 shadows and whatever level my characters were... sub-60 for sure.

Lost Odyssey is much better IMO
i played through the first disc of both RPG's

now thats not enough to get through any of the story but combat wise and story wise my vote goes to LO

it took me longer to get through the first disc of Blue Dragon though
both are good games supposedly but i sold my copy of BD and kept my LO

Went ahead and ordered one along with Paper Mario for free shipping, can't go wrong for $20

they were out of stock, but you can still have them ship when available and I'm in no hurry.

bread's done
Back