"Blue" GGC - Rare?

FrankieFiero

CAGiversary!
I was recently up in Port Huron, MI after a trip home, so I stopped in to the local BB to check it out. Now not only did I see some of the X360 launch DVDs (including the $10 off $30 coupon, even though it had already expired - there no PH CAGs here or what?) - but they had these new GGCs that were valid from 8/28/05 - 6/30/07. I'm calling them the "blue" GGCs since the ones that expired 12/05 were green.

Now, none of the BB's that I frequent around me (metro Detroit) have had any GGCs in a long time - so the last ones I had expired 12/31/05. I thought they got smart and killed them.

So just how rare are these GGCs? From the stores I've been to lately, I'm batting less than 50%...

Port Huron, MI - Yes
Novi, MI - No
Dearborn, MI - No
Westland, MI - Yes
West Bloomfield, MI - No

I picked up 5 in PH, and then 5 more in Westland (paid for them with the gift cards I got in PH - when will they learn)... but are they this rare everywhere else?

If so, maybe this can be the jumping ground for a "find GGCs" thread...
...or it could be 'cause this is Detroit... we're used to your love.

I haven't seen a GGC since December, unfortunately. There are empty spots all over the racks next to the movie and music gift cards. They either sold out over Christmas and haven't gotten around to restocking them, or they're done, who knows.

[quote name='Chacrana']ZOMG! TEh rarex0rz?? Sell them for 999999999 on ebay!! l0lz[/QUOTE]

he was just asking if they were uncommon. he didnt want a price. no need to be an ass about it.

The ggc universal one for 19.99 and under is harder to find at Bestbuy compare to the selected system such as ps2 or xbox only.The employee told me they made a limited amount during the Christmas period and it prevent customers from abusing them.I just want it for the jewel case to replace my damage ones I recived from eb or gamestop.

I think some BBs "save" them for big shopping holidays, to spur sales. There's one BB in town (out of five or six) where I've seen these new blue GGCs; they're closing down to move to a new location. I assume they're selling what product they can so they have less to move; for the last two years that store NEVER put GGCs on the floor until they had already expired.

bread's done
Back